+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hello! I have a doubt and maybe someone here could know something about it... the thing is, my initial open work permit was about to expire, and I still didn’t have my PR, so I decided to apply to extend it. Two days After I sent the application, I received the landing letter and then I landed in mtl.. does anyone know what’s going to happen with the OWP extension app? Can I cancel it or is it just going to be refused? Thanks!!
I think you can call IRCC and initiate to cancel it. You will receive a refund automatically.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Thats scary
Yep... they also ask us more proof of cohabitation but in august 2019 so 17 month after the deposit .... we received AIP and SA after 21 months. I don't find anybody here with those delay
march 8 it's gonna be 2 years.
I read here that after aip it's fast. But I don't believe it anymore.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Yep... they also ask us more proof of cohabitation but in august 2019 so 17 month after the deposit .... we received AIP and SA after 21 months. I don't find anybody here with those delay
march 8 it's gonna be 2 years.
I read here that after aip it's fast. But I don't believe it anymore.
Did you talk to IRCC or use webform to ask for more information? And last thing try using the help of MP from your area

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Did you talk to IRCC or use webform to ask for more information? And last thing try using the help of MP from your area
We did NOTHING ( no call no email ) for 20 month becaus our representent told us that ircc dont like pressure.
Nov 5 they finally send a email (webform) asking for an update becaus the delay were really exceed.
They Answered us that they lost the imm5476 so we send it back. But they didnt answer to our update request.
The 3 dec our reprensentant send back the same request and then they answer us on dec 6 with an all made answer like 'we are treating your demand blablabla ' but no details.

But things move after that we received aip and Sa 20 dec.

Then I call for the first time mid january. The agent told me that we are at the fastest step of the proceedure.

Last Friday I asked to our reprensent to send an update request by webform. And they answer us monday by the same 'all made answer' with no detail.

So here we are.

You think contacting MP will help ?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
We did NOTHING ( no call no email ) for 20 month becaus our representent told us that ircc dont like pressure.
Nov 5 they finally send a email (webform) asking for an update becaus the delay were really exceed.
They Answered us that they lost the imm5476 so we send it back. But they didnt answer to our update request.
The 3 dec our reprensentant send back the same request and then they answer us on dec 6 with an all made answer like 'we are treating your demand blablabla ' but no details.

But things move after that we received aip and Sa 20 dec.

Then I call for the first time mid january. The agent told me that we are at the fastest step of the proceedure.

Last Friday I asked to our reprensent to send an update request by webform. And they answer us monday by the same 'all made answer' with no detail.

So here we are.

You think contacting MP will help ?

Yes they have a direct line to talk to IRCC. Atleast they provide a little more information on application. In your case they can just get it accelerated since you are only waiting for an invite.

Okay thanks for the information.

Our case is pathetic as well. Applied for sponsorship on Jan 24th 2019. We submitted CSQ Federal Skilled for my spouse along with application which was a mistake. (My wife got the dependent CSQ for skilled workerd before applying for PR).

May be due that, we haven't received Sponsorship Approval or CSQ request until now. Only once we are asked for proof of cohab during May 2019 and thats it. The file has not at all moved forward. Its too bad. Its been over a year :(

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Yes they have a direct line to talk to IRCC. Atleast they provide a little more information on application. In your case they can just get it accelerated since you are only waiting for an invite.

Okay thanks for the information.

Our case is pathetic as well. Applied for sponsorship on Jan 24th 2019. We submitted CSQ Federal Skilled for my spouse along with application which was a mistake. (My wife got the dependent CSQ for skilled workerd before applying for PR).

May be due that, we haven't received Sponsorship Approval or CSQ request until now. Only once we are asked for proof of cohab during May 2019 and thats it. The file has not at all moved forward. Its too bad. Its been over a year :(
Thanks for your answer
I really wish you a better story than ours ...
Wich deputy do I have to contact ? Federal or Provincial ( sorry i'm not very good with that... )

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Hello, August 2018 applicant. I called a couple of weeks ago to get the status as we are still on eligibility (Montreal office) and was told that we were on hold because of Quota from the Gov. du Quebec. Not sure if this is true as I call about every 2 months and that was the first time I was told about the Quotas.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello, August 2018 applicant. I called a couple of weeks ago to get the status as we are still on eligibility (Montreal office) and was told that we were on hold because of Quota from the Gov. du Quebec. Not sure if this is true as I call about every 2 months and that was the first time I was told about the Quotas.
Sadly, I would consider this to be true. Quebec has requested to reduce the number of immigrants accepted in the province so this has been affecting processing times. See below what another fellow thread member posted last year:
Oh my god, I just received an email from Vancouver office that I can not believe it!!!

THEY ARE NOT PROCESSING APPLICATIONS FROM QUEBEC SIMPLY CAUSE THEY HAVE PUT A BACKLOG ON QUEBEC'S REQUEST!

Is this a JOKE? We have a CSQ! If they did not want the application to proceed why did they bother to issue us a CSQ.

This is the email.

In regards to the application:

- While IRCC establishes overall immigration levels for Canada, IRCC consults Quebec on the number of immigrants it wishes to receive and Quebec establishes its own annual immigration levels plan.

- Should demand for immigration exceed the number of spaces allocated to Quebec, a backlog is created in IRCC’s processing inventory. This results in longer processing times. Should we require additional information in processing your file, we will contact you as soon as possible.

- For information on immigration to Quebec, please contact the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion: medias@midi.gouv.qc.ca.

DolaRaul

Feb 18, 2020
My MP said that our file was also on hold because of Quota, but he said that the immigration received the new Quota around the end of January so they started processing files again.... hopefully they will get to ours soon... We applied in August 2018 too

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
My MP said that our file was also on hold because of Quota, but he said that the immigration received the new Quota around the end of January so they started processing files again.... hopefully they will get to ours soon... We applied in August 2018 too

Hi !
I'm about to call my MP to get some help with our application that as been sent in march 2018. So what did he do for you ? Call like once a month ? He gives you more information on your case ?

Thanks

DolaRaul

Feb 18, 2020
Hi !
I'm about to call my MP to get some help with our application that as been sent in march 2018. So what did he do for you ? Call like once a month ? He gives you more information on your case ?

Thanks
The MP has a direct line to immigration so he called them to know what the status of our file is and whether there are anything required from us. He is also trying to put some pressure on them to process the file faster since it has already been a long wait time.

Reactions: Minian