Section 5 of the Health Insurance Act describes certain persons belonging to a class described by regulation as being authorized for insurance. Regulation 1, Section 2 states:Hi!
We finally received our CSQ yesterday (applying for inland sponsorship PR)! I'm wondering how is the best way to apply for RAMQ now? I went online and am not sure which category my partner (who is from New-Zealand) fits in:
- Permanent resident
- Foreign national taking up residence in Québec according to certain conditions
- Foreign national in Québec as a temporary worker
- Spouse accompanying a worker or scholar
The following are the classes of persons referred to in subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph of section 5 of the Act:
- persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27) with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 or 92, as well as a Québec selection certificate, or persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 93, 94 or 95;
- persons who have been authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to apply for landing while in Canada and who have been granted entry by Canadian immigration authorities and hold a Québec selection certificate;
- minor children who are in Québec while being considered for adoption by a resident of Québec who meets the requirements of the Civil Code for adopting them; and
- children born outside Québec if the parent with whom the child resides on a permanent basis is a resident of Québec.