+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi!

We finally received our CSQ yesterday (applying for inland sponsorship PR)! I'm wondering how is the best way to apply for RAMQ now? I went online and am not sure which category my partner (who is from New-Zealand) fits in:
  • Permanent resident
  • Foreign national taking up residence in Québec according to certain conditions
  • Foreign national in Québec as a temporary worker
  • Spouse accompanying a worker or scholar
Section 5 of the Health Insurance Act describes certain persons belonging to a class described by regulation as being authorized for insurance. Regulation 1, Section 2 states:
The following are the classes of persons referred to in subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph of section 5 of the Act:
  1. persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27) with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 or 92, as well as a Québec selection certificate, or persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 93, 94 or 95;
  2. persons who have been authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to apply for landing while in Canada and who have been granted entry by Canadian immigration authorities and hold a Québec selection certificate;
  3. minor children who are in Québec while being considered for adoption by a resident of Québec who meets the requirements of the Civil Code for adopting them; and
  4. children born outside Québec if the parent with whom the child resides on a permanent basis is a resident of Québec.
In terms of how to actually qualify under this I think your best bet is to contact RAMQ and ask what they require given this regulation. Would be curious to know if anyone has had success.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi!

We finally received our CSQ yesterday (applying for inland sponsorship PR)! I'm wondering how is the best way to apply for RAMQ now? I went online and am not sure which category my partner (who is from New-Zealand) fits in:
  • Permanent resident
  • Foreign national taking up residence in Québec according to certain conditions
  • Foreign national in Québec as a temporary worker
  • Spouse accompanying a worker or scholar
What @slough has told you below is right.

Section 5 of the Health Insurance Act describes certain persons belonging to a class described by regulation as being authorized for insurance. Regulation 1, Section 2 states:
The following are the classes of persons referred to in subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph of section 5 of the Act:
  1. persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27) with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 or 92, as well as a Québec selection certificate, or persons who hold a permit issued by the Minister of Immigration of Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act with a view to granting landing and identified by code number 93, 94 or 95;
  2. persons who have been authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to apply for landing while in Canada and who have been granted entry by Canadian immigration authorities and hold a Québec selection certificate;
  3. minor children who are in Québec while being considered for adoption by a resident of Québec who meets the requirements of the Civil Code for adopting them; and
  4. children born outside Québec if the parent with whom the child resides on a permanent basis is a resident of Québec.
In terms of how to actually qualify under this I think your best bet is to contact RAMQ and ask what they require given this regulation. Would be curious to know if anyone has had success.
All you have to do is call RAMQ saying you are applying for coverage and they will ask you questions (so you should have your documents in hand). They will ask you things like when you first entered Canada, information on your CSQ, social insurance number, etc. And then they will send you a form by mail that will specify what documents you will need to bring with you to a CLSC or RAMQ office.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Almost 2 months after landing interview, still no PR card, that's crazy, after so long waiting time for landing interview, they continue to make people stressed:mad::mad::mad:
Did you ever receive your PR card? If so what was the problem?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I called the RAMQ the other day and they said you need the Owp + CSQ + Letter of employement in quebec OR the PR (AIP) to apply for the health card.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
We are 8 march 2018 applicant...
AIP received 20 dec for both !
This is so long ! no news yet. I read here that for inland , AIP is in the end of the process ? can we expect a DM soon ?

Reactions: MinMin13

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
I called the RAMQ the other day and they said you need the Owp + CSQ + Letter of employement in quebec OR the PR (AIP) to apply for the health card.
Yes indeed, according to RAMQ the part in bold here is referring to AIP (approval in principle) + CSQ:
persons who have been authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to apply for landing while in Canada and who have been granted entry by Canadian immigration authorities and hold a Québec selection certificate;

Last edited:

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I’m an October 23rd applicant from Montreal. I got a call from an immigration officer today asking to confirm my information and telling me he was finalizing my application. Right after the call I got Decision Made and Landing letter in the email! my landing appointment is tomorrow!! Wish me luck!! And good luck to you all The wait is almost done!! Keep hope

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I’m an October 23rd applicant from Montreal. I got a call from an immigration officer today asking to confirm my information and telling me he was finalizing my application. Right after the call I got Decision Made and Landing letter in the email! my landing appointment is tomorrow!! Wish me luck!! And good luck to you all The wait is almost done!! Keep hope
Congrats and thank you for info. Hope all goes well

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Good Morning
I am Quebec Inland spousal sponsorhip applicant, applied on 15th of October 2018
AOR on 13th of November

I received final eligibility letter by thşs morning and waiting for appointment to get CoPR
Thank you everyone in this forum and good luck
Regards

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi !! First Congrats !!!

When did you received your AIP ? I'm asking becaus we are 8 march 2018 application and we received AIP on dec 20 and I'm wondering how much time we still have to wait..
And decision made was on ECAS ?

pratik199

Jan 21, 2019
So after long wait I received email asking us to go to IRCC Montreal office to finalize CoPR. Does anyone have experience in walk-in interview there? Do we just take our photo, ID, CSQ and email copy like mentioned in email with us?

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
18 months and still in bgc ( montreal office)
2018 august ! Who else ?
Hi there!

17 months and we are still stuck on eligibility.
No updates until now.
Aug 2018 as well - Montréal office.

I have the feeling that absolutely nothing has been done since they started eligibility. They haven't even started background checks.

So frustrating...

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello! I have a doubt and maybe someone here could know something about it... the thing is, my initial open work permit was about to expire, and I still didn’t have my PR, so I decided to apply to extend it. Two days After I sent the application, I received the landing letter and then I landed in mtl.. does anyone know what’s going to happen with the OWP extension app? Can I cancel it or is it just going to be refused? Thanks!!