Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Thanks for the reply.
Do we need to submit the PCC and medical ? or will we need to submit it later on. as the checklist do not ask for it i believe.
Submit it later when they ask for it. Else there is a possibility of document getting expired due to processing delay and you may have to obtain a new one when needed.

Sanjeevarao

Sep 27, 2009
Hi Javiya,

Received a letter today stating that my sponsor application is approved and permanent residence application is forwarded to visa office - CPC Ottawa for further processing. please update the sheet

EastWest

May 29, 2015
Hi,

Can anyone please clarify this question, i am sponsoring for my mom under PGP and my dad is mentioned in as dependant but wouldn't be accompanying to Canada, in this case do i have to pay $1040 or $1040 + $550 (Processing fees for dependant)? In the IMM0008 form number of people included in application is auto filled to 2.

Thanks

Last edited:

DNL

Aug 10, 2017
Hello -

Step 1 Decision Made and communicated to us yesterday. Application has been transferred to the London, ON office.

Reactions: Alex_2017

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi,

Can anyone please clarify this question, i am sponsoring for my mom under PGP and my dad is mentioned in as dependant but wouldn't be accompanying to Canada, in this case do i have to pay $1040 or $1040 + $550 (Processing fees for dependant)? In the IMM0008 form number of people included in application is auto filled to 2.

Thanks
you need to pay just for mom but family size will be you + mom + dad

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
Please update sheet:
ECAS DM= Sep 7
Sponsorship approval, transfer to OTTAWA= Sep 11.

Thanks!

Reactions: Alex_2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
In IMM0008enu I put my address (the sponsor) for for applicant which per guide is allowed as I want to receive the communication. CIC sent me an email which has me confused because:
1- Says the application will be sent back but yet asks me to submit a IMM5476. So, which is it? are they sending it back; should I wait; or send them IMM5476?
2- I sent TWO IMM5476 (for me and my wife) and I had a REALLY organized packaged. The incompetents obviously didn't look properly. Is there anyway I can call them for this or email or must I mail and wait another 2 months?
3- In their letter they are saying beceause my application used an immigration consultant I should send this. I have not used an immigration consultant and I never mentioned I did. What the heck?

Dear Madam/Sir:
This refers to your application for sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents PGP-2017; a
review indicates that it does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is
incomplete.
The 21st set of Ministerial Instructions that were issued on January 1st, 2017 contain specific
directions on the acceptance of new parents and grandparents applications (PGP). The
Ministerial Instructions are issued pursuant to section 87.3 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA).
The instructions require that in order to be included under the cap, applications must be
complete according to the application kit requirements in place at the time the application is
received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. In addition, the application must be
reviewed for completeness pursuant to Regulation 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Moreover, Regulation 12 of IRPA states: “If the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met,
the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the
applicant.”
Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is
missing or incomplete:
A completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) as your application
appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf
If the mailing address specified on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) does
not reflect the mailing address of the Principal Applicant, a complete and signed Use of
Representative (IMM 5476) form is required. This may apply, for example, if the Principal
Applicant wants his/her sponsor to receive documents or correspondence from IRCC. If this is
the case, the IMM5476 is required in order to authorize IRCC to release such documents to the
individual residing at the mailing address noted (i.e. the sponsor).
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to submit the documentation
required – the requested documentation must be received by our office no later than
2017-Oct-10. When you submit your documentation, please ensure that this letter is included in

Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

the package. If your application meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the
processing queue based on the receiving date that it was determined to be complete.
Please send the requested documentation to:

Application Intake – PGP 2017
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
P.O. BOX 6100, STATION A
MISSISSAUGA, ON L5A 4H4

Failing to respond to this request within this timeframe will result in your application being
returned to you as unprocessed. This means that your application will not be accepted into the
PGP cap for 2017. You will not be issued another invitation to apply and you will have to
resubmit an Interest to Sponsor when PGP re-opens in 2018.
Sincerely,

Application Intake – PGP 2017
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I have the following info on the letter they sent but I can't check ECAS or Link application with these:

Fictitious numbers:
Application: F000123456
Sponsor Number: 12AB123

Is that ^^^ an application number or what? I can't use Sponsor number.

Techo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/7/2015
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
28/8/2015
File Transfer...
28/9/2015
Med's Done....
Re-medical on 4/July/2016
Interview........
In process status on 19 October 2015
I have question about dependant of my parents.
My brother is 24 years old. He worked for 2 years( 2015 and 2016).
Now he is enrolled in college for MBA in Aug-2017. (will finish in 2019)

I don't see him under Dependent Category, but he is financially dependant on parents for education.
Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.

They must be:

• under the age of 19 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • 19 years of age or older and unable to be financially self-sufficient since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

Do I need to fill form IMM-5669 for him and add him in IMM0008DEP?
Then total number of person will change for minimum income requirement?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EastWest

May 29, 2015
you need to pay just for mom but family size will be you + mom + dad
The reason I asked the above question is that i have received the following email form CIC:

Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is
missing or incomplete:

Proof of payment of the processing fees for the persons listed on the application with a
correct form of fee payment and sufficient amount. Refer to the IRCC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

I've paid the full fees $1040 and included the receipt in the application package. Not sure if they have misplaced the receipt or wants me to pay the additional fees for Dependant?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Torontob, the email you've received from CIC seemed quite clear to me. Let me try to help you to figure this out:

In IMM0008enu I put my address (the sponsor) for for applicant which per guide is allowed as I want to receive the communication. CIC sent me an email which has me confused because:
Yes, according to the guide, you can put your address there, but then you'll need to fill the IMM5476, which is what they are requesting now. The following is what is written in the guide: "If you wish to have a representative who can conduct business on your behalf, you must provide their address in this section and on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form."

1- Says the application will be sent back but yet asks me to submit a IMM5476. So, which is it? are they sending it back; should I wait; or send them IMM5476?
They didn't say the application will be sent back. They said the Ministerial Instructions say they have to return applications reviewed as incomplete, as yours. But, you'll have 30 days to fix that and avoid having your application being sent back. So, don't wait and send the IMM5476 right away.

2- I sent TWO IMM5476 (for me and my wife) and I had a REALLY organized packaged. The incompetents obviously didn't look properly. Is there anyway I can call them for this or email or must I mail and wait another 2 months?
It's neither from you nor from your wife they require the IMM5476. It's from the principal applicant, which I guess is either your father or mother. And you are the representative. That's because in IMM0008 you indicated your address to receive communication from CIC on behalf of your parents.

3- In their letter they are saying beceause my application used an immigration consultant I should send this. I have not used an immigration consultant and I never mentioned I did. What the heck?
They didn't say you used and immigration consultant. They said "your application appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer". And it really appears, as it wasn't your parents who filled IMM0008, but you, who acted as an uncompensated (unpaid) immigration consultant to your parents.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hi Torontob, the email you've received from CIC seemed quite clear to me. Let me try to help you to figure this out:

Yes, according to the guide, you can put your address there, but then you'll need to fill the IMM5476, which is what they are requesting now. The following is what is written in the guide: "If you wish to have a representative who can conduct business on your behalf, you must provide their address in this section and on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form."

They didn't say the application will be sent back. They said the Ministerial Instructions say they have to return applications reviewed as incomplete, as yours. But, you'll have 30 days to fix that and avoid having your application being sent back. So, don't wait and send the IMM5476 right away.

It's neither from you nor from your wife they require the IMM5476. It's from the principal applicant, which I guess is either your father or mother. And you are the representative. That's because in IMM0008 you indicated your address to receive communication from CIC on behalf of your parents.

They didn't say you used and immigration consultant. They said "your application appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer". And it really appears, as it wasn't your parents who filled IMM0008, but you, who acted as an uncompensated (unpaid) immigration consultant to your parents.
I am preparing my parents' application package for sponsorship right now. They are here on supervisa from last 5 months. and will be travelling back home for a month in sep-oct. I was planning to put my parents' canada address as they are here on supervisa. Do you guys think i should fill out the IMM5476 form? After reading the Torontob's comments I am a bit confused. and thinking maybe i should just fill out that form in order to avoid any problems/delays. What do you guys suggest ? Thanks

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011

OK. I think I may have figured out the problem there.. IMM5476 needs to be filled out by the parents/applicant. Sponsor do not need to fill out that form unless he is being represented by someone else as in immigration consultant/lawyer.

A1111

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
regarding second time lottery : My husband and I was declined during the first-time lottery and got an email saying you are not selected, My husband and I have not received any email for the second-time lottery. Will everyone be informed even if we are not selected? any clarification about this?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regarding second time lottery : My husband and I was declined during the first-time lottery and got an email saying you are not selected, My husband and I have not received any email for the second-time lottery. Will everyone be informed even if we are not selected? any clarification about this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2017-09-01.asp
  • in this second round of invitations, only those who have been randomly selected to submit an application will receive an email