+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Torontob, the email you've received from CIC seemed quite clear to me. Let me try to help you to figure this out:

Yes, according to the guide, you can put your address there, but then you'll need to fill the IMM5476, which is what they are requesting now. The following is what is written in the guide: "If you wish to have a representative who can conduct business on your behalf, you must provide their address in this section and on the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form."

They didn't say the application will be sent back. They said the Ministerial Instructions say they have to return applications reviewed as incomplete, as yours. But, you'll have 30 days to fix that and avoid having your application being sent back. So, don't wait and send the IMM5476 right away.

It's neither from you nor from your wife they require the IMM5476. It's from the principal applicant, which I guess is either your father or mother. And you are the representative. That's because in IMM0008 you indicated your address to receive communication from CIC on behalf of your parents.

They didn't say you used and immigration consultant. They said "your application appears to be making use of an immigration consultant or lawyer". And it really appears, as it wasn't your parents who filled IMM0008, but you, who acted as an uncompensated (unpaid) immigration consultant to your parents.
I sent TWO IMM5476. One for me and one for my wife. Both written and signed by her parents (the applicants) and by us two. I have filled out Sections A,B, D which means the applicant is making I and my Wife as their representative. I will be sending these documents again but I want to know if I have done something wrong in old docs so I don't make the same mistake.

Is there anyway I can get a lazy operator on phone who can check this for me and tell me if they made a mistake?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent TWO IMM5476. One for me and one for my wife. Both written and signed by her parents (the applicants) and by us two. I have filled out Sections A,B, D which means the applicant is making I and my Wife as their representative. I will be sending these documents again but I want to know if I have done something wrong in old docs so I don't make the same mistake.

Is there anyway I can get a lazy operator on phone who can check this for me and tell me if they made a mistake?
My only guess is that you've submitted two IMM5476 and they don't know which one to use. Please, have a look at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp

It says:
  • you can appoint only one (1) representative for each application you submit
and then, later:

For sponsorship application, your spouse or common-law partner does not have to complete a separate request. If your spouse or common-law partner is included in this request, he or she must sign in the box provided.

So, it should be only one IMM5476 and you'll have to decide if you or your wife will be the representative. It can't be both. Whoever you choose between you and your wife, will sign under "Signature of representative". Then, the principal applicant, which is either your father-in-law or your mother-in-law, will sign under "Signature of applicant" and the spouse under "Signature of spouse"

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
quick question guys. I am filling out the IMM 5768E Financial evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship. - Do you guys think i should answer YES to QUESTION 8 and just give out my SIN number and give them access to have my NOA pulled from CRA. or should i just answer NO there and fill out the additional IMM5516 form and fill out the income requirements and add the Option C printout of the Notice of assessments of 3 years. ??

Do you guys suggest to put my parents' address as canadian or the one from back home ? they have kind of moved here, but have not spent 6 continous months here. they go back home almost every year from last 2 years.

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
The reason I asked the above question is that i have received the following email form CIC:

Your application does not meet the requirements for processing as the following item is
missing or incomplete:

Proof of payment of the processing fees for the persons listed on the application with a
correct form of fee payment and sufficient amount. Refer to the IRCC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

I've paid the full fees $1040 and included the receipt in the application package. Not sure if they have misplaced the receipt or wants me to pay the additional fees for Dependant?
just write them and explain that only mom is going to come so you paid correct for 1applicant

Reactions: EastWest

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
My only guess is that you've submitted two IMM5476 and they don't know which one to use. Please, have a look at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp

It says:
  • you can appoint only one (1) representative for each application you submit
and then, later:

For sponsorship application, your spouse or common-law partner does not have to complete a separate request. If your spouse or common-law partner is included in this request, he or she must sign in the box provided.

So, it should be only one IMM5476 and you'll have to decide if you or your wife will be the representative. It can't be both. Whoever you choose between you and your wife, will sign under "Signature of representative". Then, the principal applicant, which is either your father-in-law or your mother-in-law, will sign under "Signature of applicant" and the spouse under "Signature of spouse"
Yeah, I did send two and I was going to FOUR this time...go figure. But I stopped myself and just sent one. Let's see what happens.
My other questions:
1- Can I link the application from Application or Sponsor number that they have put on this letter or this is not in the system yet?
2- I am not sure how they got my wife's e-mail and sent her an email about this rather than my email which is on IMM0008. Is there more than one place I may have put an email?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, sponsorship status changed to Decision Made today. PR status remains Application Received. No email received yet.

@Javiya, please update the sheet. Thank you!
Hi, just received the SA email. Application forwarded to SAO PAULO office and now I have to submit the undertaking application to QC's MIDI. Please, update the sheet.

angelfyr

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-05-2012
Hi, sponsorship status changed to Decision Made today. PR status remains Application Received. No email received yet.

@Javiya, please update the sheet. Thank you!
Congrats! Man, i wonder whats taking long with mine. huhuh

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Do I have to submit two application packages for mother and father, please advise?

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
PLEASE If any one can answer my following questions:
Form must be filled by principal applicant (father) and spouse (mother, sponsored person) by clicking add a dependent on the same form, right?
Principal applicant (my father) will be filling out details of himself, spouse and children. My mother (also a sponsored person, will not be filling out another form, Is it right?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Do I have to submit two application packages for mother and father, please advise?
nope, just 1
one of them is principal applicant
second one is depended

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
PLEASE If any one can answer my following questions:
Form must be filled by principal applicant (father) and spouse (mother, sponsored person) by clicking add a dependent on the same form, right?

right
Principal applicant (my father) will be filling out details of himself, spouse and children. My mother (also a sponsored person, will not be filling out another form, Is it right?
should be 2 form for each of your parents
All that info you can find in check list! funny how you are reading documents

Last edited: