+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Assuming someone submits an application by Aug 2017, how much is the processing time for the approval? Are we expecting the lottery selected people to be seeing their parents within an year on a 5 yr PR?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Rachel4511 said:
I reached out to my MP office last week and she was going to call Immigration and ask about a redraw. She phoned me today and advised me that they had received a bulletin from Immigration and they will be doing a redraw once they see how many COMPLETE application they have. Yes they will be still drawing from the pool that has people in there that don't qualify but at least its another chance this year.
This is very stupid, there are 89000 people in the list and there are many of them not eligible, if they do a redraw it should be a real redraw with SIN and income info otherwise it is useless

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming someone submits an application by Aug 2017, how much is the processing time for the approval? Are we expecting the lottery selected people to be seeing their parents within an year on a 5 yr PR?
If 2016 PGP is any metric, 12 to 36 months should be a reasonable timeline

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
So, what is the relationship between sponsor and main applicant?child or parent?i believe is child

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, what is the relationship between sponsor and main applicant?child or parent?i believe is child
You or your wife would be the Sponsor, the main applicant is the person you name on the application (your father, mother, mother-in-law, father-in-law) and their spouse is the accompanying dependent.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
You or your wife would be the Sponsor, the main applicant is the person you name on the application (your father, mother, mother-in-law, father-in-law) and their spouse is the accompanying dependent.
I am strictly reffering at the question:"relation to applicant" there was a debate somewhere about that, can't find it... it got me thinking....

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am strictly reffering at the question:"relation to applicant" there was a debate somewhere about that, can't find it... it got me thinking....
Sorry..I thought you were posting a question...pls ignore my reply

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Sorry..I thought you were posting a question...pls ignore my reply
No, thanks for your reply, i am posting a question: what did everybody used at relashionship when sponsoring your parents?Did you selected child or parent?(question 6 application to sponsor)

manuce

Star Member
May 12, 2016
quick suggestion you guys should make a google hangout group and do weekly or bi weekly meetup to update with progress and to help new comers.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
My friend doesn't meet 2014 minimum income requirement and he has been suggested by consultant to go ahead and file application, then he can appeal for consideration. I don't know , if this will work and he has been told, this will be a very costly affair. Any suggestions

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend doesn't meet 2014 minimum income requirement and he has been suggested by consultant to go ahead and file application, then he can appeal for consideration. I don't know , if this will work and he has been told, this will be a very costly affair. Any suggestions
Your "friend" hired a terrible consultant. He will be denied and there will be no grounds for an appeal.
You cannot appeal based on a ruled you failed or ignored to comply with.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only one making money here will be this so called "consultant"
End result will be same, while your friend still has to pay the bill.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
is there any excel spreadsheet to track applications?

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
No, thanks for your reply, i am posting a question: what did everybody used at relashionship when sponsoring your parents?Did you selected child or parent?(question 6 application to sponsor)
Hi there, I don't know the correct answer but my best understanding would say 'Child' . Question itself asks you (sponsor): Relationship TO applicant, so should be child. I am still not able to find satisfactory answer to this, and is helping/completing forms for my wife's parents.
Please let us know if you find any better reasoning/answers.

Good luck.!

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I don't know the correct answer but my best understanding would say 'Child' . Question itself asks you (sponsor): Relationship TO applicant, so should be child. I am still not able to find satisfactory answer to this, and is helping/completing forms for my wife's parents.
Please let us know if you find any better reasoning/answers.

Good luck.!
Oh. I understand the question. Sorry.
In 2016, with my in-laws application, my wife wrote down "daughter" as in "relationship to the applicant".