VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
FYI:

backlog to the end of 2016 - 41500 persons

limit - the same - 20000/year

looks like they are reducing backlog by new rules

ms1976

Apr 30, 2017
What a mess created by Immigration. They changed the system on Dec 15th when most of the people must have started or finished application process to apply on 3rd Jan.
I had a chance to go back home and got file completed and i took help of an immig consultant as well. Last year my file was returned due to an minor error, despite of being able to reach there among first 5000.

Wondering if there is any transparency on how the 10000 selections were made ?
What if a student or visitor have applied for the sake of nothing and was selected, He has taken probably chance of sm1 who could have get through this sponsorship.
What if sm1 doesnt meet income criteria,
Should not have they made selection of 15000 and then work on first 10000 applicants, and whoever they reject based on various reason, new one's could be chosen from remaining 5000.

Wondering this govt is not very interested to have our parents/ grandparents come and able to live with us..

Feeling very sad and upset.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
In case anyone has not seen this article, it has some critics about the lottery, more voices will draw attention & push this system for improvements. Please continue to raise your complaints to IRCC feedback form, your areas MP, news channels, sign petition etc.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/family-reunification-lottery-had-95-000-applicants-10-000-selected-1.3387862

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enth said:
In case anyone has not seen this article, it has some critics about the lottery, more voices will draw attention & push this system for improvements. Please continue to raise your complaints to IRCC feedback form, your areas MP, news channels, sign petition etc.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/family-reunification-lottery-had-95-000-applicants-10-000-selected-1.3387862
Sadly this article completely missed the point, it's not that lottery system is bad, real problem is that IRCC allowed thousands of unqualified applicants to submit their intentions and got picked.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
kkim604 said:
Sadly this article completely missed the point, it's not that lottery system is bad, real problem is that IRCC allowed thousands of un qualified applicants to submit their intentions and got picked.
Completely agree, and this just show how IRCC is against immigrants, they are just being hypocrite, we have been telling them a lot of stories on the unfair systems but it was never been published at all

Baham

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0711 - Construction Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2012
Doc's Request.
06/01/2013
AOR Received.
09/23/2012
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
No Idea when they transfered it.
Med's Request
25/04/2013
Med's Done....
30/04/2013
Interview........
I hope i don't have to go through this...
Passport Req..
Waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Javiya said:
Thanks !

Found a problem in Form IMM5768E - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents

Input field for The line # 6 - Every other Family member seems flawed. I tried entering the number for my kids and surprisingly found that nothing can be typed. Any of you having similar observation?
I tried another copy, re-downloaded copy , etc. but nothing has worked so far. Let me know if anyone of you have overcome this issue.
Got same problem :/ - any solutions yet ? seems like we have to fill it by hand ...

Reactions: Nora1

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
neeti2090 said:
So have they made a final decision on the lottery system? Will they do another draw after 90 days?
I would prefer that they think through their process properly and make improvement for the 2018 draw and increase the spots for that draw accordingly than to conduct another haphazard rubbish system lottery after 90 days.

Baham

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0711 - Construction Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2012
Doc's Request.
06/01/2013
AOR Received.
09/23/2012
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
No Idea when they transfered it.
Med's Request
25/04/2013
Med's Done....
30/04/2013
Interview........
I hope i don't have to go through this...
Passport Req..
Waiting ...
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
nayr69sg said:
I would prefer that they think through their process properly and make improvement for the 2018 draw and increase the spots for that draw accordingly than to conduct another haphazard rubbish system lottery after 90 days.
90 days is more than enough to fix that simple lottery form

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
90 days is more than enough to fix that simple lottery form

my mp told me another draw from the same remaining list from before after 90 day period! So I dont think they gonna bother changing the forms!! It took them almost 2 months to get the results out I don't know what the 2nd draw gonna result into and how long it would even take them to fix the broken lottery system!!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
zarahsak said:
my mp told me another draw form the same remaining list form before after 90 day period! So I dont think they gonna bother changing the forms!! It took them almost 2 months to get the results out I don't know what the 2nd draw gonna result into and how long it would even take them to fix the broken lottery system!!
This is quite stupid as the initial list will consist of too many ineligible candidates and another draw will just be the same and there will not be enough 10K selected for this year for sure.

On another note, I think no ineligible people will submit an application as they will have to pay $1050 fee and wait 2-3 years to be rejected while they cannot apply in subsequent years, so after 90 days there will be a realistic number of truly eligible applicants submitted. By then they will know the % of those selected who are not eligible and select the larger pool accordingly. For example if only 32% of existing 10K is eligible, they need to select another 20K people to be able to get 10K applicants for the year. Since it is random anyway then the ratio will most likely the same in next draw. In other word, they may have to select more than 10K people this year to reach 10K truly eligible candidates.

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
This is quite stupid as the initial list will consist of too many ineligible candidates and another draw will just be the same and there will not be enough 10K selected for this year for sure.

Well, That's what the mp office said!

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
I faced same issue. I am sure you are using adobe reader to fill the form. Download foxit reader to fill the form and the issue will be resolved. Let me know how it goes.

Javiya said:
Thanks !

Found a problem in Form IMM5768E - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents

Input field for The line # 6 - Every other Family member seems flawed. I tried entering the number for my kids and surprisingly found that nothing can be typed. Any of you having similar observation?
I tried another copy, re-downloaded copy , etc. but nothing has worked so far. Let me know if anyone of you have overcome this issue.