+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
Yes you are correct, but we can't stop them from applying and be denied later on.
Applying cost at least $550 fee, plus they will surely be denied after a couple of years in the systems so unless they are out of mind, no sane person will apply if they are outrightly not eligible. However, the amount of ignorance is unbelievable as shown by the number of people forgot to even take not of the confirmation number in the lottery

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Friends, Need your opinions here,

I am filling up the application forms and planning to provide my SIN to IRCC so they can verify my Income from CRA.
Another option is to say No for SIN details and fill everything in form with 3 NOAs attached. And I have all 3 NOAs with me.

Need Opinion on, which should be the quicker one for IRCC to complete my income assessment ?

Should I attache NOAs or Let them get info from CRA?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
vernon22445 said:
Hi Guys,

I got invitation for sponsoring my parents but I have question on my minimum necessary income. I came to Canada only in 2014 July, so my employment income for 2014 is $44174.
will I be eligible ?
They selected you. So I guess they think you are eligible. You should apply and not waste your spot. I wish I was selected. You are so lucky! Try! If you don't try you won't know for sure whether you are eligible. Justin Trudeau said that Canada will be here for everyone and will not turn away anyone. So please give it a shot!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Javiya said:
Friends, Need your opinions here,

I am filling up the application forms and planning to provide my SIN to IRCC so they can verify my Income from CRA.
Another option is to say No for SIN details and fill everything in form with 3 NOAs attached. And I have all 3 NOAs with me.

Need Opinion on, which should be the quicker one for IRCC to complete my income assessment ?

Should I attache NOAs or Let them get info from CRA?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Let them get info from CRA.

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Thanks !

Found a problem in Form IMM5768E - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents

Input field for The line # 6 - Every other Family member seems flawed. I tried entering the number for my kids and surprisingly found that nothing can be typed. Any of you having similar observation?
I tried another copy, re-downloaded copy , etc. but nothing has worked so far. Let me know if anyone of you have overcome this issue.

nayr69sg said:
Let them get info from CRA.

Madhav123

Apr 10, 2017
vernon22445 said:
This forum is to help each other by answering the questions. If ur not lucky this year try next year. Don't tell us what we should have done.
You look so stupid when you reply back with arrogance. Instead of feeling SORRY for your act of foolishness but you are trying to teach someone who was right. It shows the level of your understanding and the kind of person you are. I am sorry!!!!

God has given you an opportunity to live in a such a great country and bring your parents here and now its your turn to behave responsibly.

Reactions: cutiemoon

Retusa

Feb 5, 2014
Hello,
I recently applied for the parental sponsorship and I was not picked in the lottery. I am going for plan B which is super visa and I have few questions. Any help will be much appreciated.
1. I understand that with the super visa, my parents can get the visa stamped for UP TO two years. So, let’s say they land at the airport and their visa is stamped for 2 years…can we get an extension after the 2 years is over? If so, how long can the extension be for and how many times can my parents get the extension?
2. Once they have super visa and they come to Canada for lets say 2 years….are they allowed to travel in that 2 year period? What if they want to go to the states to visit family, is that allowed?
3. If they get super visa once in 2017 and it’s valid till 2027. What happens if they want a second super visa in 2027….is that allowed? I hope I can re-apply for their PR and that works out in the next 3-5 years but can a person re-apply for super visa once it is not valid anymore?
4. Right now my parents have tourist visa (valid for 10 years), once they get super visa....does the tourist visa get cancelled?

Thanks everyone.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Retusa said:
Hello,
I recently applied for the parental sponsorship and I was not picked in the lottery. I am going for plan B which is super visa and I have few questions. Any help will be much appreciated.
1. I understand that with the super visa, my parents can get the visa stamped for UP TO two years. So, let’s say they land at the airport and their visa is stamped for 2 years…can we get an extension after the 2 years is over? If so, how long can the extension be for and how many times can my parents get the extension?
2. Once they have super visa and they come to Canada for lets say 2 years….are they allowed to travel in that 2 year period? What if they want to go to the states to visit family, is that allowed?
3. If they get super visa once in 2017 and it’s valid till 2027. What happens if they want a second super visa in 2027….is that allowed? I hope I can re-apply for their PR and that works out in the next 3-5 years but can a person re-apply for super visa once it is not valid anymore?
4. Right now my parents have tourist visa (valid for 10 years), once they get super visa....does the tourist visa get cancelled?

Thanks everyone.
once they travel and reapply for entry, it is up to the border office to determine the length, it can be only 6 months or less. It is also not guranteed that with super visa your parents will get 2 years stay innitially, for numerous case on here they only got 6 months

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
I have a question regarding counting the family size

My situation:

I am not married hence no spouse or children = 1

My parents = +2

Question:
My brother who is 22 years and 5 months old as of today = +1 or 0

so the total number of family members are 3 or 4 for sponsorship.

I am confused by the statement below from the application guide

Count:

yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types 1 and 2)”

Count:

the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

and this :

Who should be included in the sponsorship application?
The application should include:

The principal applicant who is being sponsored as a parent or grandparent,
The principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner
The principal applicant’s children from current and previous relationships whether they are coming to Canada or not.
All the family members whether accompanying or not the principal applicant to Canada must be declared on the application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare family members on the application and having them examined goes against the duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause them to be found inadmissible to Canada

My conclusion :

they are talking about dependent family members and the definition of dependent post 2014 is

Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
They must be:

under the age of 19 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
19 years of age or older and unable to be financially self-sufficient since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

My brother is none of the above hence

Family size = 3

However I need to add my brother in the application for future reference according to the application guide.

Seniors please help

reunion2017

Feb 15, 2017
vernon22445 said:
Hi Guys,

I got invitation for sponsoring my parents but I have question on my minimum necessary income. I came to Canada only in 2014 July, so my employment income for 2014 is $44174.
will I be eligible ?
If CRA charges $100 for you to submit a form of interest, I bet my ass you would have checked your income and not applied. The government tries to be nice to all of us but now ugly human nature like yours would trigger them to place a charge for sure in coming year's lottery system. And now you are complaining for xxxx's sake...

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
reunion2017 said:
If CRA charges $100 for you to submit a form of interest, I bet my ass you would have checked your income and not applied. The government tries to be nice to all of us but now ugly human nature like yours would trigger them to place a charge for sure in coming year's lottery system. And now you are complaining for xxxx's sake...
Completely agree with you, the government has been to rushing to implement a stupid systems as such we have questions like this where people got selected and then ask about eligibility

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
reunion2017 said:
One way is for CIC to have a rule that states that if you enter the draw and are selected then you have to submit a valid application. If you are deemed ineligible or did not submit an application then you will be barred from entering the draw for the next 3 years (gives people time to get their incomes ready for the next round as well). They can record the name and address, date of birth as filtering factors.

This way there is still no charge to enter the lottery. The lottery still takes place as per this year. But with those jokers who just entered the draw for fun or out of ignorance, they will be out for the next 3 years. Fair to make them wait for 3 years before being allowed to try again.

Weeds out the non-serious applicants or plain ineligible ones who want to throw a spanner into the works.

What do you think?

I think they have a similar kind of system with the Express Entry for skilled workers?