-N.A-
Passport Req..
March 14,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.......
LANDED..........
Aleady in Canada
scylla said:
Actually there is. H&C. But it requires the parents to be physically in Canada to apply and has an extremely low success rate. And if someone applies and is refused, it then becomes extremely difficult to get a temporary visa (e.g. super visa or visitor visa) approved in the future.
What is H&C?

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
scylla said:
Actually there is. H&C. But it requires the parents to be physically in Canada to apply and has an extremely low success rate. And if someone applies and is refused, it then becomes extremely difficult to get a temporary visa (e.g. super visa or visitor visa) approved in the future.
good to know, thanks

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enth said:
I just did my part & posted the story on one of news channel, doing something is better then doing nothing ...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-national-news/newsbreaker

if we do that in bulk, we are sure to get attention !

I wrote my story!!

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jas1989 said:
Can you please provide draft if anybody has good writing skills and we can send it to all MP's etc.
I wrote really random stuff as i was really frustrated and i even sent a long msg to PM's instagram which probably gonna be unnoticed.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
I wrote below, you folks can modify as you wish ....

Please see the link below how the poorly prepared PGP immigration system had ruined the hope of thousands of people to reunite with their family, the whole process is messed up without having a fundamental check of eligibility at the first place, lot of ineligible people submitted the web form & were also received invitations as a result of lottery took place yesterday 25-Apr-17, now many of those will not even apply and others will be rejected later, as a results all those spots will be wasted and snatched away from the people who have been trying for years to reunite with their family, this not only causes a huge emotional pain but is injustice to eligible candidates.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2017-pgp-applicants-t453435.435.html

There are other related links in the forum, if you need specific information or have questions, feel free to contact me.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Well I think the key points in everyone's letter to their MP should include 1. Changing the rules for this category last minutes generally if they are changing the rules for any category they notify much in advance but was not done in this case. 2. It's look that they want to favour some unknown as they again changed the forms and new one needs income from 14-16 . Not 13-15 as was earlier case .

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
Please feel free to modify; I have tried to capture the essence of this issue.

To apply for ordinary Visitors visa, there are a series of eliminating questions that need to be answered. None of that was done for showing interest to be a sponsor for the Parent/Grandparent program. As a result, many ineligible people who were foreign students or newly arrived immigrants who did not have the 3 years required minimum income for sponsorship filled the form and have now been selected whereas those who have lived in Canada for years and are actually eligible were not selected.
In the previous system, only eligible people submitted the sponsorship and PR application forms. The Liberal government had campaigned on raising the cap to 10,000 applications, which they received last year 2016. However for 2017, the new lottery system which was badly thought out and horribly executed will ensure that they receive way less than 10,000 applications because of the many ineligible people they have selected.
The Liberal government cannot keep on lying to us by campaigning on one thing and turning around and doing the opposite.
The lottery system as it is right now, does not work. If it is not changed, it will alienate the immigrants who want to bring their parents to Canada, and who the Liberal government of Canada is trying so hard to woo.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
BeeA said:
Please feel free to modify; I have tried to capture the essence of this issue.

To apply for ordinary Visitors visa, there are a series of eliminating questions that need to be answered. None of that was done for showing interest to be a sponsor for the Parent/Grandparent program. As a result, many ineligible people who were foreign students or newly arrived immigrants who did not have the 3 years required minimum income for sponsorship filled the form and have now been selected whereas those who have lived in Canada for years and are actually eligible were not selected.
In the previous system, only eligible people submitted the sponsorship and PR application forms. The Liberal government had campaigned on raising the cap to 10,000 applications, which they received last year 2016. However for 2017, the new lottery system which was badly thought out and horribly executed will ensure that they receive way less than 10,000 applications because of the many ineligible people they have selected.
The Liberal government cannot keep on lying to us by campaigning on one thing and turning around and doing the opposite.
The lottery system as it is right now, does not work. If it is not changed, it will alienate the immigrants who want to bring their parents to Canada, and who the Liberal government of Canada is trying so hard to woo.
This is good ! make sense their is scrutiny for visitors but not for PGP PR applicants, what a ridiculous system...

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent like 3 to 4 different stories on newsbreaker. I aint sure what the outcome is going to be though.

Kamal_002

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Did someone created the sheet yet to track how many applications were selected in the draw are actually eligible to apply?

I am currently working on filling out the forms for my parents and younger brother.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
besides inquiries from this forum revealing ineligible applicants. Any first hand knowledge of people that are ineligible that have applied or was selected. I myself know 3 that have applied and 1 of them was selected. 2 PRs that landed in 2015 and 1 from last year.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
certus881 said:
besides inquiries from this forum revealing ineligible applicants. Any first hand knowledge of people that are ineligible that have applied or was selected. I myself know 3 that have applied and 1 of them was selected. 2 PRs that landed in 2015 and 1 from last year.
I personally know 6 such people, they are all recent immigrants who are not aware of the 3 years income requirements and submitted the expression of interest and then got selected. I have personally told all of them not to submit an application since they are not eligible and will be rejected but not sure if they are still go ahead.