+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
enth said:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283364462069280/
so many affected but just 500+ signs so far, why ? please go ahead and sign, share ...

https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-739

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
I think we need a new petition which would address the fact that many ineligible people were selected. They should also let us know, by the deadline, how many complete applications were received, which I believe would be way less than 10,000 as those who do not have the requisite incomes but were selected would not submit applications.

They cannot campaign on increasing the application cap and then stylishly reduce the number of people who can actually apply

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
BeeA said:
I think we need a new petition which would address the fact that many ineligible people were selected. They should also let us know, by the deadline, how many complete applications were received, which I believe would be way less than 10,000 as those who do not have the requisite incomes but were selected would not submit applications.

They cannot campaign on increasing the application cap and then stylishly reduce the number of people who can actually apply
agreed, complete applications would be way less then 10k, who can get a new petition created ? is there one already, pls share

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
enth said:
so many affected but just 500+ signs so far, why ? please go ahead and sign, share ...

https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-739
Yes, Sign this petition as it doesn't hurt and review of this it is this may. Another e-petition to address the outcome of the lottery has to be created. Points are: 1)lack of insight and due diligence to verify eligible applicants 2)ineligible applicants that have been selected. What happens to the allotment; when those who are deemed not qualified 3)for Next year, what are the steps to prevent ineligible entries.

if you have anything to add; please continue this post.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
certus881 said:
Yes, Sign this petition as it doesn't hurt and review of this it is this may. Another e-petition to address the outcome of the lottery has to be created. Points are: 1)lack of insight and due diligence to verify eligible applicants 2)ineligible applicants that have been selected. What happens to the allotment; when those who are deemed not qualified 3)for Next year, what are the steps to prevent ineligible entries.

if you have anything to add; please continue this post.
4) there should be a merit or point based system to find eligible sponsors i.e. those who are living in Canada for years and couldn't sponsor their family can't be put on the same scale with those recently landed, priority or extra point should be given to those waited long to reunite. 5) system should be smart enough to discard entries from students or temporary residents (work permit) 6) instead of just name and emails, UCI can be captured to help assess the profile of potential sponsor & get rid of duplicate entries 7) further, their should be some fair amount of entry fee to enter the pool which should be non-refundable if you found ineligible, it is no joke, why to waste the public resources & time to do this, this may in turn help is speeding the overall process 8. ) Also, most important remaining spots left due to ineligible entries should be filled this year rather then waiting for whole year to pass, this was not fault of eligible candidates , why should they suffer, wait and get into more tough competition next year ?

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017
enth said:
4) there should be a merit or point based system to find eligible sponsors i.e. those who are living in Canada for years and couldn't sponsor their family can't be put on the same scale with those recently added, priority or extra point should be given to those waited long to reunite. 5) system should be smart enough to discard entries from students or temporary residents (work permit) 6) instead of just name and emails, UCI can be captured to help assess the profile of potential sponsor & get rid of duplicate entries 7) further, their should be some fair amount of entry fee to enter the pool which should be non-refundable if you found ineligible, it is no joke, why to waste the public resources & time to do this, this may in turn help is speeding the overall process .
Ordinarily asking for the first digit of the Social Insurance Number would have eliminated those who are not PR or citizens

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
BeeA said:
Ordinarily asking for the first digit of the Social Insurance Number would have eliminated those who are not PR or citizens
Pr are allowed to apply, something to verify landing date and also cra release of info to verify income

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
certus881 said:
Pr are allowed to apply, something to verify landing date and also cra release of info to verify income
answering my on question upon some revelations; these steps will cost the government more than a simple lottery entry. The non refundable fee seems to be a more effective step.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
There aren't much urgency for general Canadian public or government to improve PGP process because to majority its almost no merit to do so.

Even within PGP group most developed country applicant are not desperate as their parents already received similar or better social resource in there own country.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Amazingsho said:
Although I am one of the PGP applicant, I still don't see much urgency for general Canadian public or government to improve PGP process because to majority its almost no merit to do so.
It depends on how you look at it. Yes, you are correct, the majority do not care about this. The way this was done is a waste and drain on the system. My feeling on this is that the government was poorly prepared. Be it lack of hindsight or on purpose, they need to answer for it. We want to know out of the 10,000k selected; how many of them are actually eligible. That fact will speak volumes; heck it may be a few hundred that are ineligible.... then case closed.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
certus881 said:
It depends on how you look at it. Yes, you are correct, the majority do not care about this. The way this was done is a waste and drain on the system. My feeling on this is that the government was poorly prepared. Be it lack of hindsight or on purpose, they need to answer for it. We want to know out of the 10,000k selected; how many of them are actually eligible. That fact will speak volumes; heck it may be a few hundred that are ineligible.... then case closed.
Yes their is Right to Information law, and we have a right to know this, be it in side of majority or minority !

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
certus881 said:
CIC already have decade worth of PGP backlogs now and pushing them to spare man power for current X% of 10k population makes me feel more wasteful...

If PGP wants to fight, it should rather be focused on the backlog

danmarco

Apr 26, 2017
enth said:
dumb3st petition i have ever seen in my life.

I encourage people NOT to sign it.

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
BeeA said:

I would agree with you. If IRCC has send invitation to 10000 there would be some incomplete or ineligible applications. They should do one more draw after 90 days to fill the remaining, so who get regret email can have one more chance this year.