+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Amazingsho said:
CIC already have decade worth of PGP backlogs now and pushing them to spare man power for current X% of 10k population makes me feel more wasteful...

If PGP wants to fight, it should rather be focused on the backlog
Oh yes, the backlog is terrible. I just want to emphasize; why not put resources to that. Instead add to the problem; I personally want to know how effective this lottery was.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazingsho said:
CIC already have decade worth of PGP backlogs now and pushing them to spare man power for current X% of 10k population makes me feel more wasteful...

If PGP wants to fight, it should rather be focused on the backlog
Checking for eligibility, they do it anyway, is the first thing they do when they receive the application.
open envelop, check for signatures, look at # of family, look at income boxes, qualified? pile A, not qualified? pile B
Count pile A.
You telling me they have to allocate separate man power to count how many qualifying applications they received?
You telling me they don't have a clue how many qualifying applications they received each year, unless we ask them to count it?
Oh please....

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
certus881 said:
Oh yes, the backlog is terrible. I just want to emphasize; why not put resources to that. Instead add to the problem; I personally want to know how effective this lottery was.
Although I don't know how this lottery was done. The term CIC used is "Randomly Draw", but in what degree of randomness is unknown.
I personally feel this is better than first come first serve base. Depend on the degree of randomness, it could potentially gives more flexibility to make long-term adjustment in immigration, demographic and social welfare of this country.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Folks, we can go on and on & argue with each other, we are not here to convince people who are against it & waste our time, those who are in and support the cause of improving broken system and want to raise their voice for the injustice happened to them, please also join below closed group, once we get together we can see what bast we can do, we already have lot of folks joined it since this group was created in afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283364462069280/

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
enth said:
4) there should be a merit or point based system to find eligible sponsors i.e. those who are living in Canada for years and couldn't sponsor their family can't be put on the same scale with those recently landed, priority or extra point should be given to those waited long to reunite. 5) system should be smart enough to discard entries from students or temporary residents (work permit) 6) instead of just name and emails, UCI can be captured to help assess the profile of potential sponsor & get rid of duplicate entries 7) further, their should be some fair amount of entry fee to enter the pool which should be non-refundable if you found ineligible, it is no joke, why to waste the public resources & time to do this, this may in turn help is speeding the overall process 8. ) Also, most important remaining spots left due to ineligible entries should be filled this year rather then waiting for whole year to pass, this was not fault of eligible candidates , why should they suffer, wait and get into more tough competition next year ?
These are all great points. Seconded.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
kkim604 said:
Checking for eligibility, they do it anyway, is the first thing they do when they receive the application.
open envelop, check for signatures, look at # of family, look at income boxes, qualified? pile A, not qualified? pile B
Count pile A.
You telling me they have to allocate separate man power to count how many qualifying applications they received?
You telling me they don't have a clue how many qualifying applications they received each year, unless we ask them to count it?
Oh please....
According to CIC web, purpose of this draw does not include confirming eligibility. But it rather comes after been selected. Also it's applicant's responsibility to make sure they are not wasting their time. CIC may assumed all lottery applicants are responsible adults, honest and competent.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Amazingsho said:
According to CIC web, purpose of this draw does not include confirming eligibility. But it rather comes after been selected. Also it's applicant's responsibility to make sure they are not wasting their time. CIC may assumed all lottery applicants are responsible adults, honest and competent.
That's what is foolish, we all know the real world doesn't work that way, & that is what improvement is needed.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
enth said:
That's what is foolish, we all know the real world doesn't work that way, & that is what improvement is needed.
Going back to my other comment, I feel it makes more sense and would bring our family here faster to kill ten thousands of backlog rather than spare man-power to improve 10k draw each year. government do have budget for CIC, but its not limitless. Worst case, they shut the door for new application again.

Madhav123

Apr 10, 2017
prontissimo said:
Received reject email today at 11:30 a.m.

Also noticed that CIC changed the minimal income requirement (with NOA proof) from 2013-2015 periods to 2014-2016. This could have prevented a lot of people from rightfully apply, and awarded others for taking chances.

I want to speak to our MP and share a piece of my mind.
You are right.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Amazingsho said:
Going back to my other comment, I feel it makes more sense and would bring our family here faster to kill ten thousands of backlog rather than spare man-power to improve 10k draw each year. government do have budget for CIC, but its not limitless. Worst case, they shut the door for new application again.
"improve 10k draw each year" is a one time effort & not needed every year, the issue is they did not do it rightly this year & because of this govt could not fulfill the promise of processing 10K application this year, backlog is being created regardless either inside or outside the system, the priority should be decided correctly based on eligibility.

Madhav123

Apr 10, 2017
Kamya! said:
I'm in. I would like to go to the media to be honest. so frustrated coz was preparing my application since october and they changed the rules just two weeks before and now I'm not selected.

I would really like to know how many people are ineligible and got selected.
You must do it.

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
I just did my part & posted the story on one of news channel, doing something is better then doing nothing ...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-national-news/newsbreaker

if we do that in bulk, we are sure to get attention !

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
For those not chosen, is there another immigration program we can consider for our parents? Not a super visa, but a permanent residence program.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
deerestlovelybear said:
Actually there is. H&C. But it requires the parents to be physically in Canada to apply and has an extremely low success rate. And if someone applies and is refused, it then becomes extremely difficult to get a temporary visa (e.g. super visa or visitor visa) approved in the future.