+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Their priority is not the PGP class; I got that clear message from this government. Bringing in refugees from worn torn areas is their agenda. As stated before by immigration; there's always the super visa and that's what they are using to justify the limit on PGP. I doubt there will be any retroactive selection if selected applicants are deemed ineligible; its their way of "so be it, under the rug" I am sure there was consult before the lottery happened. This was the best way to limited PGP entry without being seemed biased.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Those who were not selected this year should have priority next year and select first. It would be horrible to think of some people applying 10 years and got rejected 10 times because they are so unfortunate not to be selected

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
alijpro said:
You think the whole world revolves around you and whom you have problems with? No sir..
Definitely not, but the fact that ineligible candidate knowingly applied for the system while knowing the vulnerability, selected for the system which proves the concerns of many others, and dignify yourself like you didn't do anything wrong drives me crazy.

I do apologize the fact that I said "go back to your country", I should admit that it's my mistake due to the fact that I was highly sensitive in this situation.

However, I sincerely hope you will be in the same situation in one day when you are actually able to apply, and become desperate just like other eligible people in here .

NataliaArt

Aug 22, 2015
berthk said:
Just got the email, not selected for 2017... really big "thanks" for those who are selected but not eligible..
You guys really screw us over...
Me too. Not selected. Really, guys, who took a lucky spot and is not eligible - you spoiled your karma for good.

dann05

Apr 25, 2017
Newbie here.

Got selected. I have a son and my wife. My kid is only 1 year old. We are trying to bring my wife's dad over.. Do I have to go back 3 years as a family of 4 for financial purposes?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
dann05 said:
Newbie here.

Got selected. I have a son and my wife. My kid is only 1 year old. We are trying to bring my wife's dad over.. Do I have to go back 3 years as a family of 4 for financial purposes?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Yes.

And this question should have been asked before you submit your entry for the draw.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
dann05 said:
Newbie here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Why are you applying without even knowing you are not qualified? Do you know you have robbed a family with a chance to reunite with their loved ones? A few minutes searching on the net would have given you the answer to that already

dann05

Apr 25, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
Why are you applying without even knowing you are not qualified? Do you know you have robbed a family with a chance to reunite with their loved ones? A few minutes searching on the net would have given you the answer to that already

I have made over $100k a year for the last 5 years. Pretty sure I'm good but I didn't know which box to look at. Calm your balls.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
dann05 said:
I have made over $100k a year for the last 5 years. Pretty sure I'm good but I didn't know which box to look at. Calm your balls.
you are making over 100K but your lack of research skills just shown you are not worth that salary. This question is so dumb it is not worth answering

dann05

Apr 25, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
you are making over 100K but your lack of research skills just shown you are not worth that salary. This question is so dumb it is not worth answering
Lol I think you are butthurt cause you didn't get selected. Goes to show how selfish and greedy you are. Loser lol

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
alijpro said:
It's taking so long because they are filtering out ineligible forms and all those 10K lottery winners will be able to apply. Even if someone from them later decided not to submit an application they will have a way to pass on the spot to someone else.. like there will be a list B as well... you will see it soon.
Completely 100% wrong. There was no way for IRCC to check income or co-signer information based on what was etnered in lottery, so there was no way to see if people were actually eligible. The only thing they did for past several months was remove all duplicate entries.

This is already verified by the many people just on this forum who don't qualify, but have received lottery spots.

Also there is no time to run infinite re-draws to fill ineligible spots. First round of apps won't be received until end of July. Then it will take a few months to go through 10K apps to see who is eligible or ineligible. So if you gave another 3 months to pick new names and do a next round, it would already be in 2018. Plus of that round, tons more would be ineligible.

Just count on 1 round this year, MAXIMUM 2 if they do a very quick check of the first round apps for income eligibility, but I highly doubt they are this efficient.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
dann05 said:
Newbie here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
All 3 preceding years must be at family size as of date of application. So if it's just her dad and he is not married/common-law, that would be 4 people in all years.

Also hopefully your wife won the lottery spot, and not you. Of course only those sponsoring their own parents (not in-laws) can be chosen.