+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

Tugboats

Jan 12, 2017
alijpro said:
I filled this form twice from my side and from my sibling's side even though I was 99% sure that I won't be eligible... You have a problem?

And even if it does waste a spot... why do I care? .. I am not getting selected anyway so why not take a few more people down with me...

There is a saying in URDU language,... "Hum tou dobay hain sanam tumko bhi lay dobain ge"... Translation: Since I am drowning so I will take you with me.. LOL
You sir are an absolute delight. This is Canada. Your attitude actually horrifies me.

I also didn't get selected. I'm upset, my parents are upset. But we knew that it was unlikely. I landed as PR in 2013, and didn't look into applying until I had met the 3 year preceding income requirement.

I guess I'll wait patiently and cross my fingers for next year :( :(

A genuine congratulations to all the eligible people that were successful.

To the ignorant people out there, I really have no words.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
certus881 said:
Their priority is not the PGP class; I got that clear message from this government. Bringing in refugees from worn torn areas is their agenda. As stated before by immigration; there's always the super visa and that's what they are using to justify the limit on PGP. I doubt there will be any retroactive selection if selected applicants are deemed ineligible; its their way of "so be it, under the rug" I am sure there was consult before the lottery happened. This was the best way to limited PGP entry without being seemed biased.
Parents/Grandparents have always been the very lowest priority for immigration, going back way before this government was in force. The previous Conservative government even shut down the whole program for several years, and nobody really cared.

Most typical Canadians couldn't care less if the PGP program was scrapped entirely, as many see it only as a drain on Canada's healthcare and not the other benefits or compassionate reasons the PGP program brings.

However complaining and protesting about it, will unfortunately not do much as the government knows very well majority of voters simply don't care, so it will never be a true election issue. Quite the opposite actually, if they suddenly increased the cap or admitted tons of parents each year, many voters would see this as a largely negative impact to the economy so would hurt them in the polls.

The way it is now with lottery system and cap is the best way... as long as they run the lottery smarter next year to weed on those ineligible right from the beginning.

mikescorp

Aug 11, 2015
got the email stating "not selected"

sucks because we applied last year and did not know about the courier system (used fedex), our application made it after the initial 5000 were selected.... used the paid courier service this year and they changed the process (lost $ by reserving early to avoid taking any chances)

overall not a happy camper, good luck to all!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
mikescorp said:

sucks because we applied last year and did not know about the courier system (used fedex), our application made it after the initial 5000 were selected.... used the paid courier service this year and they changed the process (lost $ by reserving early to avoid taking any chances)

This is why life is so unfair!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
Finger crosses for you, good luck!
Thanks! I am sure you are very very happy going by how frustrated you were before the draw happened.

I'm pretty ok applying next year but I just don't like the way CIC has handled this. Very amateurish and unprofessional.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
nayr69sg said:
Thanks! I am sure you are very very happy going by how frustrated you were before the draw happened.

I'm pretty ok applying next year but I just don't like the way CIC has handled this. Very amateurish and unprofessional.
I totally, I know they are extremely insensitive this year and hurts a lot of people, it is karma and will go back and bite them in their life. People who make this systems so inhumane should know how much pain they put in the hundred thousands of families

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
mikescorp said:

I also paid an immigration law firm to get it done for me. CIC is concerned about parents being a drain? Well why not let those who will declare that they will support their parents for life? Minus health care. If you are worried about drain of $$$ then let those who have more money get priority to bring their parents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nayr69sg said:
I also paid an immigration law firm to get it done for me. CIC is concerned about parents being a drain? Well why not let those who will declare that they will support their parents for life? Minus health care. If you are worried about drain of $$$ then let those who have more money get priority to bring their parents.
FYI - the support period for parents is already 20 years. If parents go on social assistance within 20 years of landing and becoming a PR, the government will go after the sponsor to pay that money back.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
alijpro said:
You'd be really stupid if you think someone ineligible filling the form will waste a spot. Of course if s/he is not eligible then s/he will be disqualified and the spot will be given to someone eligible.

and BTW CIC uploaded detailed requirements few days after they made form available. So stop shaming people who filled the forms.

I filled this form twice from my side and from my sibling's side even though I was 99% sure that I won't be eligible... You have a problem?

And even if it does waste a spot... why do I care? .. I am not getting selected anyway so why not take a few more people down with me...

There is a saying in URDU language,... "Hum tou dobay hain sanam tumko bhi lay dobain ge"... Translation: Since I am drowning so I will take you with me.. LOL
This is really really scary, someone like you has infested Canada with horrendous attitude and manner. Just remember that karma will come back and bite you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
nayr69sg said:
Umm Healthcare is the only real drain people are talking about. Most people sponsoring parents will already be supporting them for life. It's the healthcare that will be burden to rest of Canadians.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Rob_TO said:
Umm Healthcare is the only real drain people are talking about. Most people sponsoring parents will already be supporting them for life. It's the healthcare that will be burden to rest of Canadians.
well here's the thing, the people who have higher incomes pay higher taxes. So I contribute a disproportionately higher amount of taxes than the guys who just make the cut.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
alijpro said:
You'd be really stupid if you think someone ineligible filling the form will waste a spot. Of course if s/he is not eligible then s/he will be disqualified and the spot will be given to someone eligible.

and BTW CIC uploaded detailed requirements few days after they made form available. So stop shaming people who filled the forms.

You really are a disease ridden typical selfish prick. You have no place among Canadians. Not only did you waste a spot, but you're here boasting about it.

dann05

Apr 25, 2017
Rob_TO said:
All 3 preceding years must be at family size as of date of application. So if it's just her dad and he is not married/common-law, that would be 4 people in all years.

Also hopefully your wife won the lottery spot, and not you. Of course only those sponsoring their own parents (not in-laws) can be chosen.
He has a common law partner that understands that she cannot be sponsored at the moment. Should I be worried ? I wonder if we can just left her out.