+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
nayr69sg said:
This government is about smokes and mirrors. I guess they didn't bet that people would share their experiences with one another across Canada.

I much preferred Harper. Oh well.
Let's stop blaming the govt and face the current situation.

Yes, this entire chaos was coming from the system that was created by the govt, but the failure of this system, just like many others concerned first it was announced, is coming from these kind of people.

People who do not bother to ask question, or read the requirement, and just take the spot while they are not eligible are the root cause of the failure. It is also IRCC failure that was not able to foresee this kind of situation while many other (even non-professionals could tell) concerned.

AK84 said:
Hi Guys,

My wife was arrived in Canada in mid of the 2014 and got a part time job but she was not making that much money that require in income chart for 3 persons in year 2014 but rest of 2015 and 2016 she got full time job.

do she still eligible for parent sponsorship. as she got email from IRCC too. is it necessary to meet all the requirement for year 2014,2015,2016 ?

_FORM IMM5516E__QUESTION__________
2 - TOTAL INCOME AVAILABLE TO SPONSOR
Complete the tables in questions 3 and 4 below. Add the amounts in boxes 3 (h) and 4 (h)
and enter the total for each year.
If this amount is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income above, you
do not meet the sponsorship eligibility requirements. Do not send your application.
For AK84, congrats on your failure. You failed this year's application, and please note that you are also not eligible to show your interest in next year according to the requirement. Don't ask question after you applied for it and ruin other's hope, instead, read the instruction.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
If you read and reviewed the sponsorship package on the CIC website, you will know the financial obligation required. Scattered minds in a scattered process.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
AK84 said:
No bodies was ware about the forms details at that time and never asked this type of question when you show your interest so how we can decide who meet or not.

I hope you get it soon. :)
That's rubbish. The forms were all there for download in Dec and Jan. You never bothered to look at the forms and requirements properly before submitting an expression of interest.

Here's the problem CIC, if you do this as a lottery where you open it such that any Tom Dick or Harry can submit an expression of interest regardless whether he is eligible in the first place, you are going to end up with 95,000 submissions.

Does it make sense to conduct a lottery out of this 95,000 where there are candidates that are not eligible?

I give you an example, if Lottomax conducted a draw based on ALL the lottery tickets out there regardless whether they have been paid for and bought by someone then they are going to have many unclaimed prizes. Total waste of time and resources.

Going forward CIC should at least ask that people include their NOA line 150 for the preceding 3 years. At least it makes people take a look properly.

I am sure some of these people who are selected might not even be able to submit their forms as they do not have the language skills and know how to even complete the forms.

It is a stupid system. Whoever came up with this system is incompetent.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
certus881 said:
If you read and reviewed the sponsorship package on the CIC website, you will know the financial obligation required. Scattered minds in a scattered process.
It is the most frequently asked question in this forum as far as I can see. If they don't bother to find the information online, or have problems finding the information from their website, there are tons of other sources that they can verify what they are asking.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
AK84 said:
No bodies was aware about the forms details at that time and never asked this type of questions when you shown your interest so how we can decide who meet or not.

I hope you get it soon. :)
I hope you feel exactly the same way two years later. NOT NEXT YEAR. You are still not qualified for the next year, please DO REMEMBER THAT.

And for a side note, this type of questions, minimum income requirement is the most frequently asked question. Unless otherwise you are not able to read posts, you can't miss it.

wimchalmet

Apr 25, 2017
nayr69sg said:
seems that way for now.

Where are you in Canada?

I'm in Alberta. So far haven't heard any Albertan got a successful notification.
I'm in Alberta, and got my successful notification this morning around 8:30am.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
CIC often states that they are concerned about parents coming in and being a drain on economic resources etc. Hence candidates are required to prove their financial capability to support their parents.

And then CIC talks about being fair and equal. There is nothing fair and equal about the above unless you say it doesn't matter how much you earn, we want you to reunite with your family. So lottery!

It is rubbish.

In the old system it was criticized because those who had the resources to, could hire couriers to get the applications in on day one. So they said it is discriminatory against those who did not have the resources to do the same. Well I am betting those who do not have the resourcefulness to get the couriers or do it themselves probably will not meet the financial obligations.

If you base in of financial status it is never going to be fair anyway. Just stick to the old system!!!!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
wow so many people landed in 2014 2015 and even 2016 got selected, I have a few friends landed in those years and they were telling me how happy they got selected, so ignorant!!!!

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
nayr69sg said:
CIC often states that they are concerned about parents coming in and being a drain on economic resources etc. Hence candidates are required to prove their financial capability to support their parents.

And then CIC talks about being fair and equal. There is nothing fair and equal about the above unless you say it doesn't matter how much you earn, we want you to reunite with your family. So lottery!

It is rubbish.

In the old system it was criticized because those who had the resources to, could hire couriers to get the applications in on day one. So they said it is discriminatory against those who did not have the resources to do the same. Well I am betting those who do not have the resourcefulness to get the couriers or do it themselves probably will not meet the financial obligations.

If you base in of financial status it is never going to be fair anyway. Just stick to the old system!!!!
It will never satisfy EVERYONE, ever. What they need to do is to come up with the system that is understandable and reasonable to MOST of people.

Especially for this year's system and the previous system, first-come first-serve, are somewhat failure as you can see in this thread.

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
jhoongo said:
Let's stop blaming the govt and face the current situation.

Yes, this entire chaos was coming from the system that was created by the govt, but the failure of this system, just like many others concerned first it was announced, is coming from these kind of people.

People who do not bother to ask question, or read the requirement, and just take the spot while they are not eligible are the root cause of the failure. It is also IRCC failure that was not able to foresee this kind of situation while many other (even non-professionals could tell) concerned.

For AK84, congrats on your failure. You failed this year's application, and please note that you are also not eligible to show your interest in next year according to the requirement. Don't ask question after you applied for it and ruin other's hope, instead, read the instruction.
You'd be really stupid if you think someone ineligible filling the form will waste a spot. Of course if s/he is not eligible then s/he will be disqualified and the spot will be given to someone eligible.

and BTW CIC uploaded detailed requirements few days after they made form available. So stop shaming people who filled the forms.

I filled this form twice from my side and from my sibling's side even though I was 99% sure that I won't be eligible... You have a problem?

And even if it does waste a spot... why do I care? .. I am not getting selected anyway so why not take a few more people down with me...

There is a saying in URDU language,... "Hum tou dobay hain sanam tumko bhi lay dobain ge"... Translation: Since I am drowning so I will take you with me.. LOL

berthk

Apr 24, 2017
Just got the email, not selected for 2017... really big "thanks" for those who are selected but not eligible..
You guys really screw us over...

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
berthk said:
Just got the email, not selected for 2017... really big "thanks" for those who are selected but not eligible..
You guys really screw us over...
now the rejections are released! This is really a cruel systems

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
alijpro said:
You'd be really stupid if you think someone ineligible filling the form will waste a spot. Of course if s/he is not eligible then s/he will be disqualified and the spot will be given to someone eligible.

and BTW CIC uploaded detailed requirements few days after they made form available. So stop shaming people who filled the forms.

I filled this form twice from my side and from my sibling's side even though I was 99% sure that I won't be eligible... You have a problem?
Yes, I do have a lot of problem with this type applications, and was the concerns about this system.
If you give a sec to read the requirement rather than reading FB feeds or spending something else for fun, you will surely know that you will not be qualified for the application and should be rejected.

Even though that they made detailed requirement available few days after the form(even though most of details were made available well ahead, and was able to foresee what would be the requirement), it was also mentioned that the date of the details will be available, and you are not required to apply right away as it is not first-come first-serve. You can't blame on that for the details made available late. You are basically telling that you didn't read the entire description of the new system, and don't care about it.

The system was made and designed to be entered for those people who are qualified. You for sure knew that you are not qualified and applied, and asking me that I have a problem? Yes, I surely have problem. I sincerely hope that CIC can ban or give disadvantage for those you intentionally made this kind of mess (although there is not realistic way of telling it).

Please be shame on yourself for not spending, or bothering few mins to read the details of what you are going to do, and ruin the hope of other people, and their family re-unification.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
doesn't it seem deliberate by immigration Canada. Their agenda is to limit this class and welcome other types of newcomers.