+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
ok so after being frantic for a while, I realize the stupid gmail has filter my email into Spam folder, I got selected and email was sent at 7.21am ET. Good luck everyone!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
The right model is to send rejection first and let the peope accepted know later
Or just send everything at the same time.

The thing here is that in that press release they give the impression that EVERYONE has been notified on whether they are successful or not when they HAVE NOT!!!!

They are lying. It is deception.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
nayr69sg said:
Or just send everything at the same time.

The thing here is that in that press release they give the impression that EVERYONE has been notified on whether they are successful or not when they HAVE NOT!!!!

They are lying. It is deception.
I know, I feel you! The past few hours was so so so stressful for me I nearly got heart attack!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
I know, I feel you! The past few hours was so so so stressful for me I nearly got heart attack!
I remember you. You made a lot of noise on the forum. Criticized CIC a lot. I guess I should have done the same.

INCOMPETENT CIC!!!!!

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Vituan88 said:
I'm in Vancouver and I received the email in the morning
For a side note, from technical perspective, there is no differentiation based on where you are located and which timezone you are in.
Which email provider that you use may matter, but it only matter whether it goes to spam or inbox.

This is based on the assumption that IRCC does not do any trick on their email distribution system filtering and sending emails per location etc, and it is unless otherwise they have multiple systems all over the places to send batches of emails separately (which I doubt).
The batch system will fetch email address and send email. Simple as it is.

For 100,000 emails, it is a lot, but if you think about it, it is really not that much to take up to few days to completely send all emails unless otherwise they do it manually.

There is no point of asking where, or which emails you are using.

From what we observe, they sent out the batch email around 7~8AM PST, and not heard any further emails. And no rejection email in that batches.
Let's figures crossed, and wait until we hear something new.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
going to stop refreshing my inbox now :(
hopefully they have more batches to send tomorrow morning...

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
jhoongo said:
For a side note, from technical perspective, there is no differentiation based on where you are located and which timezone you are in.
Which email provider that you use may matter, but it only matter whether it goes to spam or inbox.

This is based on the assumption that IRCC does not do any trick on their email distribution system filtering and sending emails per location etc, and it is unless otherwise they have multiple systems all over the places to send batches of emails separately (which I doubt).
The batch system will fetch email address and send email. Simple as it is.

For 100,000 emails, it is a lot, but if you think about it, it is really not that much to take up to few days to completely send all emails unless otherwise they do it manually.

There is no point of asking where, or which emails you are using.

From what we observe, they sent out the batch email around 7~8AM PST, and not heard any further emails. And no rejection email in that batches.
Let's figures crossed, and wait until we hear something new.
My email was sent around 7.28 AM Eastern Time

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
kingnor said:
Any one received email in the morning says was selected and later on received another email says name was not included ? It happen to me and another person from other forum....how is this happen and what is going on ??
Yes, I did. No big deal, they didn't include the sponsor's name on the first email so sent an update along with the apology.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
My email was sent around 7.28 AM Eastern Time
Yeah, I just saw on the other post that invitation was received around two hours ago.
It looks like invitation emails are still being sent out, but there is no sign of rejection so far.

Batch of 10,000 emails may take up to few hours, so let's pray and wait.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
jhoongo said:
Yeah, I just saw on the other post that invitation was received around two hours ago.
It looks like invitation emails are still being sent out, but there is no sign of rejection so far.

Batch of 10,000 emails may take up to few hours, so let's pray and wait.
which post is that?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
jhoongo said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2017-t479048.0.html;msg5961020#msg5961020
I am not too sure about that one. He didn't specifically say what time he got it. He might have just checked it "just now" if you get what I mean.

CIC should in their press release give some information about how applicants are notified. Eg over the next few days all applicants will be notified. Successful applicants will be notified first followed by unsuccessful applicants.

Something like that. And they said they wanted this process to be more transparent than the last. What rubbish!

dann05

Apr 25, 2017
Super newbie here..

Here is a dumb questions...

My wife and I are looking to sponsor her dad and we got a lucky ticket from the 10K.

We had are son back in December 2015 and its just the three of us.... does that mean that i have to go back to 2014/2015/2016 as a 4 persons family?

so....

Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (2016, 2015, 2014)

4 persons $58,768 $57,642 $57,125

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
nayr69sg said:
I am not too sure about that one. He didn't specifically say what time he got it. He might have just checked it "just now" if you get what I mean.

CIC should in their press release give some information about how applicants are notified. Eg over the next few days all applicants will be notified. Successful applicants will be notified first followed by unsuccessful applicants.

Something like that. And they said they wanted this process to be more transparent than the last. What rubbish!
Yes, I agree. Other than that email, it looks like most of emails were received in between 7AM ~ 10AM EST according to this forum. Haven't heard anything else where they received anywhere noon or something.