+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
kismet23 said:
^Congratulations! Only 10000 out of over 95K was chosen. Makes me think that if you don't get an email right away , it is likely that you didn't get selected.
Thank you! Let's wait and see, hope for the best!

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
Tell us you want to sponsor a parent or grandparent
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent.

The online submission form to show your interest closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We are no longer accepting submissions.

We’ve reviewed the submissions and removed duplicate entries. Just over 95 000 people expressed their interest to sponsor their parent or grandparent. From these, we randomly selected 10 000 people and invited them to submit an application. Find out why we only select 10 000 sponsors.

Everyone who completed the form was sent an email.

as per the above statement everyone should have received e-mail by now. I am still waiting, does anyone received any rejection e-mail yet.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
kismet23 said:
They also have this message:

Tell us you want to sponsor a parent or grandparent

Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent.

The online submission form to show your interest closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We are no longer accepting submissions.

We’ve reviewed the submissions and removed duplicate entries. Just over 95 000 people expressed their interest to sponsor their parent or grandparent. From these, we randomly selected 10 000 people and invited them to submit an application.

Everybody should get an email by May 8. We should inform them if we haven't received anything after May 8.
Where did you read this? I can't seem to find it on the site.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I think it's time to ask Rossei to create a new google sheet for 2017 PGP applicants so we will know the selected/refused ratio.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^ see website link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-interest.asp

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No email for me yet. :-X :-X :-X :-X

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Just an observation. It does look like with the "expression of interest" it is a very simple process. So people just sign up without even knowing if they qualify to sponsor their parents.

So with CIC choosing 10,000 from the lottery, there might be a more sizable number that DO NOT meet the requirements. In previous years you sent in an actual application.

Right now quite a few who have been invited to apply are asking questions whether they can or cannot sponsor their parents.

This is probably CIC's mistake in assuming that an expression of interest to apply means that all are eligible to apply. Will CIC conduct a supplementary draw if they find that they do not get 10,000 valid eligible applications?

Or will the number increase for the following year?