Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
the next thread to be deleted :-X :-X :-X

DinoD

Dec 5, 2016
sunshinedlc said:
No argument, no quarreling, and we may keep a safe thread.
Who is deleting all the parents and grandparents threads ??. These threads were the only source to brain storm and keep yourself updated.

It was an awesome source to ask questions and get information.

Please don't delete the thread.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually it is a good thing to get deleted. There have been heated debates there that contained very radical arguments and offensive language. The language used after despair on December 15 was disgraceful and it would not be a good idea to document it.
Please stick here to what is relevant. The current system IS THE SYSTEM. Do not discuss the past please.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC website shows this message under the sponsor parents:

The online submission form to show your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We have now randomly selected 10 000 people to apply.

We can now wait for the email to come in. Let's hope for a good news.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They also have this message:

Tell us you want to sponsor a parent or grandparent

Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent.

The online submission form to show your interest closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We are no longer accepting submissions.

We’ve reviewed the submissions and removed duplicate entries. Just over 95 000 people expressed their interest to sponsor their parent or grandparent. From these, we randomly selected 10 000 people and invited them to submit an application.

Everybody should get an email by May 8. We should inform them if we haven't received anything after May 8.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^Congratulations! Only 10000 out of over 95K was chosen. Makes me think that if you don't get an email right away , it is likely that you didn't get selected.

wimchalmet

Apr 25, 2017
I also got selected (I got the email at 8:27 MST), so I'm pretty happy. I hope things work out for everyone as well.

It may be useful for anyone who didn't get selected to also post in this thread, so others who are waiting know that both the "accepted" and "rejected" emails have actually been sent.