+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 RQ Applicants

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question here especially those RQed applicants who went through their tests. It seems to me that these days and in many cases they send test invitation for RQ applicants in approx +/- couple of months after submitting RQ response. Once test is passed, CIC will start processing RQ. I believe there always be a interview after the test. Do you know if the officer have the authority to re-direct the application to normal processing time if he/she realizes that the applicant is honest based on the documentation and discussion with the applicants? Has this ever happened? Or the application will still go through the long process of RQ review which may take months or years? Please advise.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
I have a question here especially those RQed applicants who went through their tests. It seems to me that these days and in many cases they send test invitation for RQ applicants in approx +/- couple of months after submitting RQ response. Once test is passed, CIC will start processing RQ. I believe there always be a interview after the test. Do you know if the officer have the authority to re-direct the application to normal processing time if he/she realizes that the applicant is honest based on the documentation and discussion with the applicants? Has this ever happened? Or the application will still go through the long process of RQ review which may take months or years? Please advise.
They did not even touch the RQ documents. I specifically asked my interviewer if she can look at the documents and let me know if everything they are looking for was there. She told me that it is not her job and can be done only by another case officer in St.Clair office who will be assigned.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
They did not even touch the RQ documents. I specifically asked my interviewer if she can look at the documents and let me know if everything they are looking for was there. She told me that it is not her job and can be done only by another case officer in St.Clair office who will be assigned.
Oh my goodness. More and more frustration. Thanks Chikloo anyway for your response. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Oh my goodness. More and more frustration. Thanks Chikloo anyway for your response. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Same story for us, as chikloo mentioned above. After the test on interview lady mentioned that they don't review RQs in Scarborough (apparently some ppl mentioned here on a forum that their RQs were reviewed in Scarborough, maybe the lite version of RQ though, who knows....) and they need to send our RQ to St. Clair branch downtown Toronto.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my RQ letter on 11th March 2015 to send my RQ response to local office (Mississauga)

Today, i see my eCas status is updated:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 10, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Seniors - where will my RQ be processed? Does Mississauga process RQ or transferred to some other office ?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
I got my RQ letter on 11th March 2015 to send my RQ response to local office (Mississauga)

Today, i see my eCas status is updated:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 29, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 10, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Seniors - where will my RQ be processed? Does Mississauga process RQ or transferred to some other office ?
Most probably it will go to St Clair office for processing.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive, do you know if my RQ will go to saint clairs even if I meet the residency requirements? Are there examples that the RQ is processed in local office only?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
HighFive, do you know if my RQ will go to saint clairs even if I meet the residency requirements? Are there examples that the RQ is processed in local office only?
Lena, as far as I know only GTA RQs will be processed in St Clair. Not sure about Edmonton though.
Logically, Edmonton applications with RQ must be reviewed somewhere in Alberta.

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
what is ATIP and how to apply ?

Raj

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chantilocal said:
what is ATIP and how to apply ?

Raj
ATIP is access to information and privacy. If you want to check what is going on with your application then you can request it at the following link. Only use it if it has been long time you did not receive any response regarding your application. You can contact cic call centre too to confirm what's going on with your application. If you feel it is absolutely necessary to get information regarding your application then use the following request to submit a request else you can wait.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you guys know approximately how long after receiving the RQ documents, the case will be assigned to an officer? Mine is not assigned yet :(

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Do you guys know approximately how long after receiving the RQ documents, the case will be assigned to an officer? Mine is not assigned yet :(
Lena, it may take a while but everyone's experience is different. There are some ppl on this forum who got their RQ processed in 3 months, there are some who is waiting for officer RQ review for more than 2 years....
Personally, I ordered ATIP last week to see where is our file in St Clair , in which box. Will share results as soon as I'll get it.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC and the agent told me that my RQ most probably will be processed in Edmonton. Then she said no officer has been assigned to my case yet.
I'm going to order an ATIP too. My PR card is going to expire this year, and I need to know if I should be getting ready to renew it or not.

Thanks