09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
kidvicious1 said:
I wouldn't worry that your AIP is taking longer, it can take up to 3 months I believe, and they seem to be processing very slowly lately maybe because of summer holidays. Also it doesn't mean your timeline will take any longer than us, as you see my timeline was delayed a lot between AIP - Decision made. The fact your AIP is taking a while may mean all your other documents are set in order for your DM to be faster. Keep looking on the bright side ;)
Thanks @kidvicious1!

I've been trying to win some time by doing my medicals, but I've been told by the call center agents to NOT to until I get AIP...
I'Ve also seen people getting AIP and DM same day because they sent all their documents together...
Me, I've sent everything but the medicals...
I will also like to add a OWP app, they told me to wait aip too... if I do wait... how long after aip I should get a OWP approuved?
Seems like AIP is the hardest stage (DM is based in Medicals and criminals, right?) so DM should be the easiest part? what would make someone get rejected after aip? (when medicals and criminals are ok?)
THanks for your answers!!!

Good luck and God bless!

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
finally today I became permanent resident :) I'm really happy, now i just have to wait some weeks to receive my PR card :)

no more stress, god it feels wonderful when the person tells you "congratulations, since today you became permanent resident" hahaha

thanks everyone for all your advices and support, it really helped me to achieve it.

good luck to everyone who is going through all this process. be patient.

Mateo

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
Tomorisu said:
Wow, it's good. I paid $270 to doctors in Quebec city. :'(
So, you didn't have to bring any forms? I heard that a medical exam system was changed this year. I hope I don't have to do re-medical again, but just in case, could you tell me what you were asked to bring? (Passport, photos, etc) :)
HEy there sorry for late reply busy stuff.......... I just took one picture and they took photocopies of my passport and yes Cic emailed me 1 form I took with me that form when went for exam and they just took the form and in the end gave me receipt. :)

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
MaxLet said:
Hi! I should be doing my medical's soon, yours is the cheaper I've found :D would you mind telling which doctor did you use and where? thanks a lot! god bless
Oh really Is it cheap!!!! I got my done from 1665 saint Catherine west floor 3 they have everything along with E medical. O if you like the price You can also Call them and book an interview. :) But so far our status has not been updates in Ecas fingers crossed. :mad:

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
mateo25 said:
finally today I became permanent resident :) I'm really happy, now i just have to wait some weeks to receive my PR card :)

no more stress, god it feels wonderful when the person tells you "congratulations, since today you became permanent resident" hahaha

thanks everyone for all your advices and support, it really helped me to achieve it.

Mateo
Congratulations to you Mateo! :)

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
MaxLet said:
I've been trying to win some time by doing my medicals, but I've been told by the call center agents to NOT to until I get AIP...
I'Ve also seen people getting AIP and DM same day because they sent all their documents together...
Me, I've sent everything but the medicals...
I will also like to add a OWP app, they told me to wait aip too... if I do wait... how long after aip I should get a OWP approuved?
Seems like AIP is the hardest stage (DM is based in Medicals and criminals, right?) so DM should be the easiest part? what would make someone get rejected after aip? (when medicals and criminals are ok?)
THanks for your answers!!!
Even if call centre agents say not to do medicals yet........ do the medicals and send them a copy of your receipt for the doctor, and the form the doctor gives you saying which medical centre etc etc. Make sure to clearly mark the envelope for family sponsorship etc. They will receieve them and process them into the computer - it took them a month to receive and acknowledge my own medicals so even so, it's likely you might have AIP by the time they even open your envelope.
P.S Sorry I didn't apply for OWP so I haven't a clue for that.
For AIP, some people have been called to interviews and scrutinised, but only one I have seen so far been rejected at AIP stage. If you haven't been called yet for interview I wouldn't worry. DM interview is basically your landing so by then you are 99% sure of your residency.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Also, got my PR card today!

So :

Interview June 23rd
Card August 2nd

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
did anyone here send in an open work permit application with their PR application? i'm really confused which documents i should include for the open work permit...

should i include the CAQ relating to her current job? or just photocopies of her passport? would really like some guidance here please!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesultan said:
did anyone here send in an open work permit application with their PR application? i'm really confused which documents i should include for the open work permit...

should i include the CAQ relating to her current job? or just photocopies of her passport? would really like some guidance here please!
Hi princesultan, I sent an open work permit with my sponsorship application. I'm glad I did as I would have had to wait a lot longer to work. It also makes sure you have a status all the way through the process.

So for your question, below I have given one tip about the open work permit application then I have answered your question.

*First of all a tip which I did - ask for a 2 years open work permit - the reason I say this is because if the person being sponsored wants to get a new job or if they are not working. A lot of companies will not hire you if you have 1 year or less work permit. (permanent job). I asked for 2 years and got almost 3 years for my open work permit, meaning I had no problem with my current employer hiring me. I know if I had a 1 year open work permit they would not have hired me. (A lot of companies are like that). Especially if you get the work permit but then you don't get a job for a few months after you get the work permit. The work permit will be very short.

So your question: I'm sure that you will know some of this info:

1. You need to fill in the form:
Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

2. Yes send the passport photocopy

3. Yes I would send a photocopy of the CAQ because on the form Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor, it asks how you will support yourself, so sending the CAQ is just extra evidence. (The more evidence you can send the better).

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mateo25 said:

Mateo
Congratulations, it must feel great to be all done!

btw what day did you get your final decision? I know that you saw on ecas on the July 15th but what day did you get the actual final decision?

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
jg84 said:
Hi princesultan, I sent an open work permit with my sponsorship application. I'm glad I did as I would have had to wait a lot longer to work. It also makes sure you have a status all the way through the process.

So for your question, below I have given one tip about the open work permit application then I have answered your question.

*First of all a tip which I did - ask for a 2 years open work permit - the reason I say this is because if the person being sponsored wants to get a new job or if they are not working. A lot of companies will not hire you if you have 1 year or less work permit. (permanent job). I asked for 2 years and got almost 3 years for my open work permit, meaning I had no problem with my current employer hiring me. I know if I had a 1 year open work permit they would not have hired me. (A lot of companies are like that). Especially if you get the work permit but then you don't get a job for a few months after you get the work permit. The work permit will be very short.

So your question: I'm sure that you will know some of this info:

1. You need to fill in the form:
Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

2. Yes send the passport photocopy

3. Yes I would send a photocopy of the CAQ because on the form Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor, it asks how you will support yourself, so sending the CAQ is just extra evidence. (The more evidence you can send the better).
excellent. good tip! how did you ask for it? did you write it on top of the application?

edit: are you sure you linked the correct link? i thought it was supposed to be this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesultan said:
excellent. good tip! how did you ask for it? did you write it on top of the application?

edit: are you sure you linked the correct link? i thought it was supposed to be this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
To ask for the 2 years, there is a section which asks you. (If AIP and PR are given at the same time, this work permit is not needed anyway). You have to apply for it though for 2 reasons, one you need a status all the way through the sponsorship process and two it can take longer, you don't want to have to wait around to work.

Your right, use the link you have. When I applied it was all one form, now they have split, visitor, worker and student on to 3 separate forms. I just had a look at my form and the new worker form, they are pretty similar; so I can help if you have any problems filling it in.

On the form I filled in, you just selected the extension reason at the top of the form.

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
jg84 said:
Congratulations, it must feel great to be all done!

btw what day did you get your final decision? I know that you saw on ecas on the July 15th but what day did you get the actual final decision?
l saw it on ecas then 2 days after i received a letter from CIC mtl asking me to go to finalize my process in 10 days, so i went there and signed the papers and i am a permanent resident since that day, now im just waiting for the card.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mateo25 said:
l saw it on ecas then 2 days after i received a letter from CIC mtl asking me to go to finalize my process in 10 days, so i went there and signed the papers and i am a permanent resident since that day, now im just waiting for the card.
Ok thanks, I actually guessed the right date for the spreadsheet.

Cool so according to previous information about 2 months wait for the card.

So are you working here now then? Or do you have to wait for a SIN when you get the card?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
kidvicious1 said:
Even if call centre agents say not to do medicals yet........ do the medicals and send them a copy of your receipt for the doctor, and the form the doctor gives you saying which medical centre etc etc. Make sure to clearly mark the envelope for family sponsorship etc. They will receieve them and process them into the computer - it took them a month to receive and acknowledge my own medicals so even so, it's likely you might have AIP by the time they even open your envelope.
P.S Sorry I didn't apply for OWP so I haven't a clue for that.
For AIP, some people have been called to interviews and scrutinised, but only one I have seen so far been rejected at AIP stage. If you haven't been called yet for interview I wouldn't worry. DM interview is basically your landing so by then you are 99% sure of your residency.
Thanks again kidvicious! Its great to hear that some of us are getting the dreamed or dammed card! Hahaha after all this long wait, suffering, stressing, concerning, you totally deserve to celebrate with your partner!
Just a last question, hubby and i, we'll be moving...how to notify cic? Do i have to notify quebec also? I know we can change address in ecas..is it thrustfull? Shouldwe call? Should we sent a copy of our new lease?
Thanks a lot!