Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Good luck, not that you need it, straight forward process :) At RAMQ when you go to reception to get the "ticket" tell them you're there to upgrade your status to permanent resident and you have the document with you. They put us in a different "queue" so we didn't have to wait after all the other general enquiry people etc.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Loops said:
Guys!!

My interview is tomorrow!!! Im so exited and nervous at the same time!!! :)
Thanks for the info about the RAMQ! I guess since we are a few blocka away I'll pass by and do it after :)
Good luck! Tomorrow, I'll be waiting here for listening to your report! ;)

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
So finally!! The big day came today!!!

Arrived early to the office and waited for them to open, they send us to a room where a nice lady explained all about being a PR, they started calling names and well I was waiting with my boyfriend all nervous!!

Finally they called my name and the girl didnt even look at my papers, she just told me ... "Yeaaah, so, huuuum, there was a mistake from our side in your documents that we have to correct, unfortunately we don't have system in here so you have to come back tomorrow at 8am! So, see you tomorrow!"

That was it!!! I was not able to get my PR yet because they haven't correct the spelling of my name that every time I have communication with CIC I tell them over the phone, by letters and emails that it is not correct and finally on my landing interview, they realized I sent all the info to correct it but ... they just didn't!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Loops, I'm sorry to hear it. It happened because of CIC's negligence. ??? :mad: :(
I hope tomorrow is a fine day for you!

Loops said:
So finally!! The big day came today!!!

Arrived early to the office and waited for them to open, they send us to a room where a nice lady explained all about being a PR, they started calling names and well I was waiting with my boyfriend all nervous!!

Finally they called my name and the girl didnt even look at my papers, she just told me ... "Yeaaah, so, huuuum, there was a mistake from our side in your documents that we have to correct, unfortunately we don't have system in here so you have to come back tomorrow at 8am! So, see you tomorrow!"

That was it!!! I was not able to get my PR yet because they haven't correct the spelling of my name that every time I have communication with CIC I tell them over the phone, by letters and emails that it is not correct and finally on my landing interview, they realized I sent all the info to correct it but ... they just didn't!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Ugh, how frustrating to be turned away at that last moment! Fingers crossed that they have the problem fixed tomorrow.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Wow i'd have been pretty angry at that. Having to go to Montreal another day because of their mistake ? What if you lived 100 miles away and had to take a day off work, your boyfriend take another day off, etc etc. They should have tried to get you in on the same day, I am sure it can't take long to correct....

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
kidvicious1 said:
Wow i'd have been pretty angry at that. Having to go to Montreal another day because of their mistake ? What if you lived 100 miles away and had to take a day off work, your boyfriend take another day off, etc etc. They should have tried to get you in on the same day, I am sure it can't take long to correct....
I know!!! That was the same thing I was thinking about, I dont live far from the office but still!!
Good thing is that by change my boyfriend is doing an afternoon shift tomorrow and my day off is tomorrow, my supervisor at work was nice enough to let me come in late today!

Anyway, lets hope everything is fine tomorrow, I'll keep you guys posted! :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Seriously, I'm five hours from Montreal, and I don't know if they have an office in Quebec? Anyhow, I'm sure I'd go on a crying jag if that happened to me. But keep in mind, at least you're CLOSE to the end! I'm 7 months in, and still no AIP. I feel stalled out.

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Hey everyone, I just received my CSQ via snail mail today, issued date was May 23.
Does anybody know if CIC will receive CSQ on the same day that was issued?
I tried to call CIC-V by phone at: 1-888-242-2100, but nobody answers it....
I got a little anxious. Thank you all for any suggestions.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Hi, QuebecOkie. CIC is still working on applications received on October 8, 2012. :(
But they say that it takes for 6 months for Step1. October 8 is almost 8 months ago, though.

I think the next person who gets the AIP is you. I hope the day comes soon.

QuebecOkie said:
Seriously, I'm five hours from Montreal, and I don't know if they have an office in Quebec? Anyhow, I'm sure I'd go on a crying jag if that happened to me. But keep in mind, at least you're CLOSE to the end! I'm 7 months in, and still no AIP. I feel stalled out.
I heard someone had had their landing interview in Quebec, but it was in 2008. There was an office in Quebec before, but it was closed, I think. (By the way, I also heard that the landing interview in Quebec had been done in only French. There was no explanation in English.)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks, Tomoriso. I try not to get too whiny, but sometimes waiting in the silence is frustrating. I've been watching our spreadsheet and the 2012 inland applicants one, and it just doesn't seem there's been ANY movement for a while now. I know, I know, plenty of people have it worse. I'm happy to be able to live with my husband (well, when he's here - military, so he'll have spent 6 months of our first year here away on two different courses), but sometimes I throw a pity party.

Well, if it's an exclusively French interview, I'll have to go down to Montreal. I've picked up some French. I get by okay up here with a combo of broken French, gestures, and apologies, but NO WAY could I do a landing interview in French!

@crester, I thought MICC snail-mailed the CSQ to CIC, but I could easily be wrong about that. I sent an email to CIC perhaps three weeks or a month after I received my CSQ, and while it took them some time to respond to my email, they confirmed that they had received it. So far, I've not read of anyone having trouble with CIC's receipt of their CSQ.

Fingers crossed that Loops comes back with happier news today! Every little victory helps me remember that, slow or not, things DO move through CIC, haha.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Yeeeeiiii!!!

Finally Im a PR!! ... I went in the morning to my 2nd appointment and they had everything ready, I just signed the letter and that was it, no questions asked, they only asked for my passport and then .. "Congratulations" :D

Im so happy is finally over, I just cant wait to get my PR card and go visit my family :D

Guys thank you very much for all your help and support! I'll still around to see when your big day comes for those still waiting! Hope all of you get everything set and done soon as well! :D

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Loops, congrats!!! :D :D :D I'm glad that you didn't have any troubles today. Congrats again!

crester

Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: 24-01-2014 \\ DM: 03-03-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014@Montreal
Thank you for the info, QuebecOkie. How do we know the email for CIC-V? I cannot find it online.
Could it be the same email address from which they sent the AOR to me?
Hope everything will going well with us! :D

QuebecOkie said:
Thanks, Tomoriso. I try not to get too whiny, but sometimes waiting in the silence is frustrating. I've been watching our spreadsheet and the 2012 inland applicants one, and it just doesn't seem there's been ANY movement for a while now. I know, I know, plenty of people have it worse. I'm happy to be able to live with my husband (well, when he's here - military, so he'll have spent 6 months of our first year here away on two different courses), but sometimes I throw a pity party.

Well, if it's an exclusively French interview, I'll have to go down to Montreal. I've picked up some French. I get by okay up here with a combo of broken French, gestures, and apologies, but NO WAY could I do a landing interview in French!

@ crester, I thought MICC snail-mailed the CSQ to CIC, but I could easily be wrong about that. I sent an email to CIC perhaps three weeks or a month after I received my CSQ, and while it took them some time to respond to my email, they confirmed that they had received it. So far, I've not read of anyone having trouble with CIC's receipt of their CSQ.

Fingers crossed that Loops comes back with happier news today! Every little victory helps me remember that, slow or not, things DO move through CIC, haha.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
hey guys. i'll be joining the list here shortly. we're putting everything together at the moment.

did everyone include some sort of financial proof with their application, such as joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, etc? i really don't have much of this and i was wondering about what others included. thanks!