Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
After getting CSQ around 2 months ago we applied for federal recently from Montreal. Actually we waited for our PCC's all the time that's why it got little late. I got my Pcc while my husband's is still in progress as his passport was issued via tatkal system.So we sent our applications along with other documents except my husband's Pcc which we are waiting and hoping to get back soon.So I mailed everything around 15 days ago to novascotia address. So far I havn't got any reply from them. Does anyone knows how long it takes for the first reply/opening of your case after it reaches there.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsJMo said:
Hello everyone! I posted this on the wrong thread and a kind person redirected me to Inland :)

I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, who is British. We live in Montreal and have applied from inside Canada. Here are our dates, some which come from the On-line services site:

- December 5th 2012 - Application received
- January 21st 2013 - Started processing application
- February 12th - request from CIC for us to apply for a CSQ
- March 19th - Received CSQ for him and Quebec approval of my sponsorship
... and now we wait!

We're a bit scared as our "deadline for the CSQ infomation is May 13" and we haven't heard anything from CIC since getting the CSQ on March 19th. I think we'll call them today, however I see many people have confirmed that MICC does actually send the information automatically to CIC ;)
Welcome to the forum! I've added your timeline to the Quebec Spreadsheet.

What part of Britain is your common-law partner from?

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Hi jg84, thanks!

He's from Wales. :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsJMo said:
Hi jg84, thanks!

He's from Wales. :)
Yw, how is he finding Canada?

I'm also British but I'm from England. Over here when people ask where you from, I always find it hard-work on what to say - England, Britain or United Kingdom. Sometimes you say one, you know they don't know what your talking about and have to choose another one.

Does your bf get asked where he's from?

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
He does, and usually responds with "I'm from the UK". Sometimes they ask for clarity after, but that might also be an accent thing! The conversation can often turn into a discussion about what comprises the "UK", and of course "Where's (or "what is") Wales"? ;)

He likes it here very much :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MsJMo said:
He does, and usually responds with "I'm from the UK". Sometimes they ask for clarity after, but that might also be an accent thing! The conversation can often turn into a discussion about what comprises the "UK", and of course "Where's (or "what is") Wales"? ;)

He likes it here very much :)
Yeah that sounds very familiar, a lot of people don't know that the UK comprises England, Scotland and Wales and then trying to explain Northern Ireland as well is even more difficult. Some people think UK = England.

I'm learning French at the moment and I explained to my tutor, what the UK is. I also said if you called someone from Scotland or Wales, 'English', they would not be happy. I've had people think that Wales is somewhere else completely. Before you were with someone from wales, did you know the geography? Also which part of Wales is he from?

On the last 2 episodes of the amazing race, they had Scotland, Northern Ireland and England. (Explaining that there is Ireland and Northern Ireland is also interesting). It would have been useful if they showed the UK and Ireland and where the different countries are. But then when my fiancee, who is Canadian, and I we lived in England there were people who didn't know where Canada was. Some people think that it is something to do with America.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
He's from Cardiff. I will admit that when I first moved over there it took me a little while to stop calling people "English", and I definitely fell into the 'un-educated-about-the-UK' camp myself! It probably doesn't help that when actors come over from the UK they tend to adopt the "typical" English accent we all hear on American TV (I do a better 'posh' accent than he does!). An "English" accent is a homogeneous thing to us 'North Americans', when of course in reality the UK is extremely diverse.

...I will admit to having troubles understanding some people at first. The first time I met someone from the Valleys I had no idea what they were saying. I was really embarrassed!

Most people I met knew where Canada was, although their comprehension of the size was usually a bit off. While I live in Quebec now, I'm from the West Coast. Explaining that while yes, I'm back in Canada, visiting the folks isn't a quick trip home for the weekend. It's like driving from London to Rome, and then back again, and then a little more to boot ;)

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Looks like nobody heard from Mtl yet still? Gosh how long are they going to wait.

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Yeah, :p good news!!!!!!

Got the letter from Montreal office today after french course by snail mail. I got the landing interview appointment on 15th May -- next week. Finally, at least some signs show they are moving. Didn't have the info confirmation letter like Loops after DM.

Good luck everyone, maybe we will meet there next week. ;D

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hello,

i have been following your tread from far for a while since a lot of people got their decision made lately ....

My boyfriend got his decision made on april 8th and will be landing in Montreal !

thought I would share as we got the landing letter yesterday!!! He will be landing on May 16th :)

Our file, even a very simple case, took more than 2 years!!!

Good luck to every one of you...Just be patient, you do not have any control on this process :)

Glad it is finally over!

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
chrischengwy said:

Got the letter from Montreal office today after french course by snail mail. I got the landing interview appointment on 15th May -- next week. Finally, at least some signs show they are moving. Didn't have the info confirmation letter like Loops after DM.

Congratulations chrischengwy and sa_ja. :D

I got the letter today as well from the Montreal Office. :)

I have a question, as I'm planning to travel soon (June), I'm wondering if everything goes well during the landing interview, would they apply for the PR card on behalf of me or I would have to apply for it later?

I know that there is a process: Urgent processing of permanent resident card

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-not-submitted.asp

The letter that I got today is asking to bring 2 copies of photo for the PR card. That is why I'm a bit confused about the process for the PR card application.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats to all who are finally seeing some progress with their apps!

Gives me some hope that I might finally hear something soon (edging toward 7 months since app was received). I'm a little nervous. Both of my in-laws turn 60 next spring, and they want to go on a big family vacation, a cruise or a resort somewhere. As they have quite generously offered to foot the bill, and as the husband and I haven't had a real vacation in over two years, I'm QUITE excited about the offer. (I adore my "Canadian parents," and I look forward to a trip with them.) But we're all a little nervous about whether or not I'll be able to travel by then. Fingers crossed to the point of white knuckles!

On a happy note, my sis, who has never left the US before, finally has her passport and will come to visit me this month or next, hooray! Miss the hell out of her. It'll be extra nice, because the husband leaves again in a couple of weeks and will be gone for a month, so I'll appreciate the company even more.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
chrischengwy said:

Awesome! So yours came straight away! ... I hope is nothing bad that they asked me to confirm information :( But hey The interview 1 week after the letter is not bad at all!! ... Hope my landing interview comes soon as well! :)

CONGRATS!!! :D

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Last week we spoke to the deputé here in Magog because we still havent heard anything from vegreville.
He called monday and the person in the call center said " oh there was a mistake, the CSQ is already there but someone forgot to press the button "CSQ arrived"..... ahhhhhh i called 3 times, and no one noticed that????
I am glad the deputé called.
and today...
i got DM!!!!!!!

Wohoooo now i have to wait for Montreal office!! hope my landing interview is soon!!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Serenity482 said:
Last week we spoke to the deputé here in Magog because we still havent heard anything from vegreville.
He called monday and the person in the call center said " oh there was a mistake, the CSQ is already there but someone forgot to press the button "CSQ arrived"..... ahhhhhh i called 3 times, and no one noticed that????
I am glad the deputé called.
and today...
i got DM!!!!!!!

Wohoooo now i have to wait for Montreal office!! hope my landing interview is soon!!
CONGRATS! FÉLICITATIONS!! I'm very very very happy to hear that you got DM!! ;D I believed that you would receive your AIP and DM at the same time.