Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Hello beautiful people!!!

Good news again! (I think!) I got a letter on the mail today from CIC Montreal Office, they send me a paper with all my informaton and asked me to revise it, fill a form that came in there as well and the instructions for some photos that I have to send ASAP!

In the letter they mention that once thay have all this they will contact me for the landing interview!! :)

Did any of you guys got any news for your landing interview as well??? (Hope you do!)
Congrats, your right the Montreal Office has checked over your file to make sure everything is still in date and in order. Now they just need the things they asked for and then your interview will be booked. Real close for you now!!!

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
Loops said:

Good news again! (I think!) I got a letter on the mail today from CIC Montreal Office, they send me a paper with all my informaton and asked me to revise it, fill a form that came in there as well and the instructions for some photos that I have to send ASAP!

In the letter they mention that once thay have all this they will contact me for the landing interview!! :)

Did any of you guys got any news for your landing interview as well??? (Hope you do!)
Congratulations! :D

Not sure why its taking time for mine. I got my DM on March 26! :(

abcd84

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
arif_haq said:
Congratulations! :D

Not sure why its taking time for mine. I got my DM on March 26! :(
I got my DM on March 13th and still waiting :(

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
Is there any time frame for this (waiting for the landing interview after getting the DM)?

Is it part of Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored?

I guess its only for Quebec. I've a friend who lives in Regina, SK; he got his PR couple of months ago. I was talking to him about this yesterday and he did not have any idea about this landing interview.

Is there any contact number that we can call and ask them about the status?

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
arif_haq said:
Is there any contact number that we can call and ask them about the status?
I would want to know if there's such number also, been a month and no news at all. :'(

abcd84

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
chrischengwy said:
I would want to know if there's such number also, been a month and no news at all. :'(
I have called the call centre, the agent basically told me it shouldn't take more than a month once you receive DM, so he said he will send a message to Montreal CIC asking them to contact me. Though, looking around the forum, looks like many people are waiting for Montreal office to contact them.

arif_haq

Apr 5, 2013
chrischengwy said:
abcd84 said:
I have called the call centre, the agent basically told me it shouldn't take more than a month once you receive DM, so he said he will send a message to Montreal CIC asking them to contact me. Though, looking around the forum, looks like many people are waiting for Montreal office to contact them.
Have you already paid the The Right of Permanent Residence Fee?

abcd84

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
arif_haq said:
Yes, I did pay the right of permanent residence fee. However, I asked the agent and he said that sending a copy to the office is not necessary, just bring the receipt to the interview.

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
arif_haq said:
Yes, I paid it when I submit the application at the very beginning, so my DM letter didn't ask for any outstanding fee anymore.

Guess I should call CIC too, at least to get them send a note to Montreal office as well.

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Good news!

Just out of curiosity, what do they asked on the form to fill and what is the instruction for the photos?

We would like to be proactive and do the photo in advance. We already paid the 490$ almost a year ago...

I have received DM on April 24. I hope that we will all get contacted soon for the interview in MTL.

Thanks

Loops said:

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
PRQC said:
Good news!

Just out of curiosity, what do they asked on the form to fill and what is the instruction for the photos?

We would like to be proactive and do the photo in advance. We already paid the 490$ almost a year ago...

I have received DM on April 24. I hope that we will all get contacted soon for the interview in MTL.

Thanks

The form is basicaly all your basic information (Name, date of birth, initial landing date, last entry, your pasport number, etc etc) Nothing that you have too look for before it comes, it is basically just for them to check everything is fine in their system since all this information will come on your PR card and it will be the last update to your file in case there is any misspelling or in my case, my 1st entry to Canada was wrong.

For the pictures I think it is the same as for the passport pictures but Im not sure, I have at home the paper and Im at work now :(
But I remember seeing on CIC's website in the part where all the requirements for the PR card are the instructions for the photos they asked me for 2.

linleon329

Nov 8, 2012
wortip said:
My MICC undertaking letter also stated a May 18th deadline. Perhaps by the end of May a few from this group will have AIPs and DMs to celebrate about.
Same situation here, I send my CSQ in march and they did receive by the end of march (verify online by poste Canada), so far, I didn't hear any news and the deadline is May 18. I wonder if they did physically open my mail.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
linleon329 said:
Same situation here, I send my CSQ in march and they did receive by the end of march (verify online by poste Canada), so far, I didn't hear any news and the deadline is May 18. I wonder if they did physically open my mail.
I guess MICC has sent your CSQ to CIC directly and CIC has already received it. I called to CIC and asked whether CIC got my CSQ, then she told me yes. But there is no information about it on my E-CAS.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorisu said:
I guess MICC has sent your CSQ to CIC directly and CIC has already received it. I called to CIC and asked whether CIC got my CSQ, then she told me yes. But there is no information about it on my E-CAS.
They don't ever put the CSQ on e-cas. The MICC sends the CSQ electronically to CPC Vegreville. CPC Vegreville does put a note in your file to say it has been received but only the call centre can see the note. (It can take them a while to go through the CSQ's sent by the MICC).

Often call centre workers often don't even check the notes section, when they put you on hold, they often just check for an update. Often you need to ask them to look at the notes, (ask for the date it was written).

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
jg84 said:
They don't ever put the CSQ on e-cas. The MICC sends the CSQ electronically to CPC Vegreville. CPC Vegreville does put a note in your file to say it has been received but only the call centre can see the note. (It can take them a while to go through the CSQ's sent by the MICC).

Often call centre workers often don't even check the notes section, when they put you on hold, they often just check for an update. Often you need to ask them to look at the notes, (ask for the date it was written).
Yeah, but, when we got a letter from CIC, they said that the information requested above must be received at this office by DD/MM/2013. If these items are not received, your application for permanent residence may be refused and no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

The MICC says that they send the CSQ to CIC directly. I think this system is a bit unkind, because we can't know whether CIC received the CSQ. So, we are anxious about it until we get AIP. :(

I think I should call to CIC again and ask for the date.