Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbea026 said:
Thanks Ill call Monday.
You can call to see when they opened your file - it helps to work out how long it should take to complete, but yours will have a few weeks to go as you applied a bit after me and a few others on here.

There were a few of us that applied on Jan 9 and 10.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
jg84 said:
Could someone tell me please, when they send you your AIP, I know they send it in the mail, but do they also send it by email?
i received my aip thru email, actually even the second stage approval was thru email. I didn't receive hard copies from the mail. But there are some who got it both, by email and by mail.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
sbea026 said:
Also does anyone have any recommendations (or a link to another thread) on where I should get my Meds done? I'm currently living near Saint George so Quebec City is a little closer than Montreal.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2042&ProvID=15204&ProvinceName=Quebec&CountryName=Canada

If you go for Quebec city you only have a choice of two :(

sbea026

Feb 3, 2013
Quebec
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
jg84 said:
You can call to see when they opened your file - it helps to work out how long it should take to complete, but yours will have a few weeks to go as you applied a bit after me and a few others on here.

There were a few of us that applied on Jan 9 and 10.
You are correct, we have a quiet similar timeline. It helps a lot just to see how the CIC and MICC progresses with other applications.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
I called the MICC to check up on the status of my Quebec Selection Certificate and I was advised that it was issued yesterday and that I should receive it within 2 weeks!! Although I am expecting for it to take about 4 working days for it to be mailed out.

I know there are a few people who sent their application the same time as me, I advise you to phone for a status update.

The number is - 514 864-9191, For English - option 9, (Ignore The Service Canada Recording), then option, 1 and finally option 3. They were fine giving the sponsored person the information.
We brought our application directly to the MICC office on January 10th.
I called Wednesday and was told that they were working on our file.
Seeing your note, I am hoping that when I call Monday, they will tell me it is complete! 8)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyn28 said:
i received my aip thru email, actually even the second stage approval was thru email. I didn't receive hard copies from the mail. But there are some who got it both, by email and by mail.
Ok thanks! I would expect mine to come by email then, everything else has been sent by email apart from one thing they sent by email and through the mail.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbea026 said:
You are correct, we have a quiet similar timeline. It helps a lot just to see how the CIC and MICC progresses with other applications.
Yeah we are pretty close in time, yours shouldn't take to long. They say 20 working days from the day they open it but mine was before that time.

The CIC also said that my AIP shouldn't take to long either. The call centre checked and they just need Quebec to send the QSC. Approval letters are currently being sent out for applications sent up until the 7th August 2012. They recieved mine on the 16th August.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chickadee said:
We brought our application directly to the MICC office on January 10th.
I called Wednesday and was told that they were working on our file.
Seeing your note, I am hoping that when I call Monday, they will tell me it is complete! 8)
Yeah I really hope you get good news on Monday! You've been doing the process for a bit longer than some of the rest of us. Do you know what date they opened your file?

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
Yeah I really hope you get good news on Monday! You've been doing the process for a bit longer than some of the rest of us. Do you know what date they opened your file?
They opened our file on January 17th.

The lady on the phone confirmed that nothing was missing from our file, and that they were now at the phase of analyzing the documents. She also said that if eveything went fine, we should have our certificate no later than end of February.

She was very pleasant (much more pleasant, I might add, than anyone I've talked to at CIC!). She took the time to explain how things are done, and told me to feel free to call anytime, which is so different than the CIC people, who give you the impression that they want you to leave them alone. :'(

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!

I came home yesterday and found my CSQ on the mail!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I immediately went to check my email and I got one asking me for the medical, and the sad part is that I have to re do my police checks!!

For those of you how are wondering how long does it take for the IMCC to issue the CSQ, I sent mine on January 9th, it was received January 10th and got CSQ at home on February 8th, so 29 days aprox.

Does anyone knows the opening hours for Clinique Luso? Is it easy to get an appointment? like if I call on monday can I get my appointment next day or on the same week? In the letter I got for the medicals, they ask me for pictures, but no instructions on the size, should I get passport size or the same size they asked for my PR application?

Guys Im so happy everything is going slow but smooth! Crossing fingers for all of you waiting for the CSQ Im sure you'll get it soon! :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chickadee said:
They opened our file on January 17th.

The nice lady on the phone confirmed that nothing was missing from our file, and that they were now at the phase of analyzing the documents. She also said that if eveything went fine, we should have our certificate no later than end of February.

She was very pleasant (much more pleasant, I might add, than anyone I've talked to at CIC!). She took the time to explain how things are done, and told me to feel free to call anytime, which is so different than the CIC people, who give you the impression that they want you to leave them alone. :'(
Ok your QSC was opened the same day as mine. I know verbally that it has been issued, loops has been issued and recieved. Yours was at excatly the same time. There is no reason why it wouldn't be complete and issued.

Ok so you got service and information at the MICC. When my sponsor and I phoned, they were fine.

The CIC, the last time I phoned I got good service.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
jg84 said:
There is no reason why it wouldn't be complete and issued.
Because yours is done, it does not guarantee that mine is done. It all depends on which desk our files ended up. Looks like yours was taken care by someone who is fast, while mine may be handled by someone is a little slower.

Let's just hope we do not get the same snafu that happened with CIC, where the AOR letter got lost and it took them 4 weeks to resend it to me.

I want the whole thing to be done and move on with my life.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chickadee said:
Because yours is done, it does not guarantee that mine is done. It all depends on which desk our files ended up. Looks like yours was taken care by someone who is fast, while mine may be handled by someone is a little slower.

Let's just hope we do not get the same snafu that happened with CIC, where the AOR letter got lost and it took them 4 weeks to resend it to me.

I want the whole thing to be done and move on with my life.
I guess it is hard to be optimistic when something has gone wrong once (AOR). I was going off the time the MICC advise - 20 working days from the date they open the file. For you and I, it was the 17th February.

Technically 20 working days for both of us is Wednesday 13th February. So by this Wednesday they should be able to give you some kind of information over the phone.

Both Loops and I have got ours issued a few days earlier than the advised date though.

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
kidvicious1 said:
Best thing you can do is appeal it, and get all your evidence together right now. Pictures of trips, tickets, any banking evidence, receipts, family and friend testimonials, and some testimonials from your neighbours where you lived together. Get the best things you can, any little thing could help your appeal.
Thank you so very much kidvicious1. This whole process is very straneous. We have appeal the decision with evidence. The refusal letter said they are not satisfied we cohabited for 1yr before application. No reasons how they came to that conclusion. Here is our arguments : I lived alone from 2008 and my partner only moved in with me in dec of 2010. Meanwhile we didn't see any need to add his name on the lease as we wanted a bigger apt. We finally moved to another apt in September on 2011. We both signed the lease and currently living in this apt. We sent in our application february 24th of 2012.Our tax revenue for 2010 shows total family income as well as marital status. Not single but living common law. If we had been given the chance for a hearing or an interview we would have been able to explain why his name was not on the first lease.
My question is, will CBSA consider the fact that there is an appeal and don't start deportation proceedings? Can they wait for the result of the appeal because its totally an error?
Any advice from anyone will be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.