Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
mdna said:
hey everyone!

my ecas also has changed to the same as you lyn, but no PR card yet... i'll call them soon!
maybe you and vinlander's wife's card will arrive anytime soon, i read from PR CARD arrival thread that someone landed on nov 15th and received his/her card jan 18 :), i'm just so excited for all three of us!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
vinlander said:
My wife's ecas changed too : You entered Canada at the Inland Services, Montréal office on November 27, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident.
Still waiting for our card
When they say "You entered Canada at the Inland Services", what do they mean exactly?
I am still confused with that "landing" thing.
We already live here, so what is considered "landed"

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
mdna said:
i called them and apparently my card was mailed today! yay!
yahoo!!!

@chickadee, i think, "landed" is when you are officially a permanent resident of canada and that you have received your certificate of permanent residency (COPR).

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
Hello everyone!
Interesting people on this forum. Just going through your posts.
I need help please. I'm being sponsored by my common law partner. We checked
Ecas today and it shows Decision Made on both my profile and on his profile. That the office
Will contact us concerning the decision.
Does anyone have any idea what the decision might be? Dont they normally say what it is on CIC's website? We are really anxious and curious.
It's been an unending long path.
Thank you all in advance for any info. It will be appreciated.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Kelon said:
Hello everyone!
Interesting people on this forum. Just going through your posts.
I need help please. I'm being sponsored by my common law partner. We checked
Ecas today and it shows Decision Made on both my profile and on his profile. That the office
Will contact us concerning the decision.
Does anyone have any idea what the decision might be? Dont they normally say what it is on CIC's website? We are really anxious and curious.
It's been an unending long path.
Thank you all in advance for any info. It will be appreciated.
Welcome on the forum, would be nice to share your timeline for all the other's benefit :)
Regarding your question, if it says decision made on the sponsor ECAS it usually means first stage is done (AIP).
You would usually also see the same status on the sponsorship section of the applicant's ECAS.
If it also says decision made on the Permanent Residence section of the applicant ECAS, then more than likely it means a decision has been made for both stage at once. If you were not called for any interview during stage 1 and 2 then the decision is probably "Approved" :)
Usually you would get confirmation in the form of email or letter.
Sounds like you are soon over and waiting a landing date, congratz !!

wilsonsdad

Jan 10, 2013
Hello,

I am chickadee's hubby.
Thank God for this forum. A lot of people would be totally in the dark otherwise.
Hopefully things will start moving a little faster after our setback with the CIC letter which we received recently.

Good luck to everyone.

Wilsonsdad

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
yesterday we got our email from CiC that we can send our papers to Québec. We did it directly because everything was already done :D
So am i right here or do i need to go to 2013 québec inland applicants??

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Serenity it seems you send your application in 2012 so this would be the correct place for you. If you give us the date you first post your application package to Vegreville, and the date you got acknowledgement of receipt then I will add you to the tracker.

Kelon

Jan 21, 2013
vinlander said:
Welcome on the forum, would be nice to share your timeline for all the other's benefit :)
Regarding your question, if it says decision made on the sponsor ECAS it usually means first stage is done (AIP).
You would usually also see the same status on the sponsorship section of the applicant's ECAS.
If it also says decision made on the Permanent Residence section of the applicant ECAS, then more than likely it means a decision has been made for both stage at once. If you were not called for any interview during stage 1 and 2 then the decision is probably "Approved" :)
Usually you would get confirmation in the form of email or letter.
Sounds like you are soon over and waiting a landing date, congratz !!
Thank you so very much Vinlander for this information. We really appreciate the update. We are so excited!
Our application was received on the 24th of February 2012 and We submitted medical results with it.
We received a letter on the 12th of July 2012, addressed to my partner confirming receipt of our application thereby requesting CAQ. Meanwhile, in between, CIC sent a letter regarding an incomplete form on the part of my partner.
We had a delay in processing CAQ due to some silly mistakes causing MICC to return the forms to us and we had to resend it. CAQ was delivered September 13th 2012.
On september 26, 2012 we received a letter from CIC addressed to me. Requesting copy of a valid passport, a police certificate and more evidence that we are a common law partner. They specifically wanted evidence dated from FEBRUARY 24, 2011 - FEBRUARY 24, 2012 and NO electronic media items should be sent.
We were able to put all these together and finally sent them in on the 21st of December 2012.
According to Ecas, under sponsorship, they started processing our application on June 12, 2012 and a letter was sent to the sponsor on January 15, 2013 about the decision.
This is the summary of our journey so far.
How soon though, do you think we will receive the letter if it was sent on the 15th of January?

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
lyn28 said:
@ chickadee, i think, "landed" is when you are officially a permanent resident of canada and that you have received your certificate of permanent residency (COPR).
Thank you very much for the information, Lyn!

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Just realized CIC sent the email for the go of CSQ, ;D. All the papers are ready as I took you guys advice, but yet again... :eek: I have a question.

I notice Chickadee talked about doing the hand deliver, is it because the CIC mess up with the letter they sent for their case, you are on very tight schedule, so they had to accept it? Cause I read the check list required Mail the package to desinated address. Hand deliver doable for regular case like mine?

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
chrischengwy said:
Just realized CIC sent the email for the go of CSQ, ;D. All the papers are ready as I took you guys advice, but yet again... :eek: I have a question.

I notice Chickadee talked about doing the hand deliver, is it because the CIC mess up with the letter they sent for their case, you are on very tight schedule, so they had to accept it? Cause I read the check list required Mail the package to desinated address. Hand deliver doable for regular case like mine?
The answer is yes on both questions.

Yes, we hand delivered because the deadline is very tight . The CIC letter (which we received on 01/10) states that they had to have the Certificate by 01/29.

Yes, hand delivered is acceptable. In fact, that's what the person at the Quebec office recommended.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
kidvicious1 said:
Serenity it seems you send your application in 2012 so this would be the correct place for you. If you give us the date you first post your application package to Vegreville, and the date you got acknowledgement of receipt then I will add you to the tracker.

yes i send my application to vegreville on the 28.september 2012 and i got my AOR on the 10.december.
Thank you so much!! i hope the next good mail will come soon :D and hopefully from quebec and canada ;)

CherieCoco

Jun 20, 2012
Hello Beautiful People :D!
I just want to say I've been a silent follower of this thread for a long time and all the updates & everyones progress are what keeps me going in the rather long and blind process :eek:. Thanks for having this forum.

I am from the US being sponsored by my husband (a quebec permanent resident) in-land and we applied in January 2012 to Vegreville office.
AOR June 18 2012
CSQ July 16 2012
In October we received a letter that the file is forwaded to the local Montreal CIC office

We haven't heard anything else and all CIC call center agents say it will be another 6-8 month wait to get any kind of response.

Does anyone have a similar experience they can share with me?

One last thing, I would like to fill in my process timeline on the side like everyone else has but I cannot figure out how? Any help will be greatly appreciated :).