Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
@vinlander, that's what i understand from all the infos i read, CSQ is okay, unfortunately, centre pauline-julien wouldn't take me, i missed summer class, and when i went for the fall class, and showed all the documents i have (CSQ, DM1&2 letters), they told me they need the COPR. I tried to tell them that according to immigration quebec I am able to enroll, for part time, and they said they wouldn't accept especially Im on a visitor permit. I couldn't get through the online french since our computer is missing some compatibility requirements, and i wanted to enroll at pauline-julien since it's the near my place and i am able to drop and pick up my baby from the daycare. What i am doing now to educate myself in french is borrowing books from the library, and i really wanted to attend a formal class.

So i am hoping and praying that our landing interview is very soon! I put my baby in daycare because i thought i would go to school, but hubby is paying daycare for nothing, thank god we have tax credit, so we decided to continue her day care since we have nobody to watch her if we have our landing date (as i read babies are not allowed to come), and i don't want to lose her spot in the daycare just incase i go to school/work soon. Sorry for my long reply i am just really frustrated, and thank you i have this forum, and thank you for taking some time to read and acknowledge my posts.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
lyn28 said:
@ vinlander, that's what i understand from all the infos i read, CSQ is okay, unfortunately, centre pauline-julien wouldn't take me, i missed summer class, and when i went for the fall class, and showed all the documents i have (CSQ, DM1&2 letters), they told me they need the COPR. I tried to tell them that according to immigration quebec I am able to enroll, for part time, and they said they wouldn't accept especially Im on a visitor permit. I couldn't get through the online french since our computer is missing some compatibility requirements, and i wanted to enroll at pauline-julien since it's the near my place and i am able to drop and pick up my baby from the daycare. What i am doing now to educate myself in french is borrowing books from the library, and i really wanted to attend a formal class.

So i am hoping and praying that our landing interview is very soon! I put my baby in daycare because i thought i would go to school, but hubby is paying daycare for nothing, thank god we have tax credit, so we decided to continue her day care since we have nobody to watch her if we have our landing date (as i read babies are not allowed to come), and i don't want to lose her spot in the daycare just incase i go to school/work soon. Sorry for my long reply i am just really frustrated, and thank you i have this forum, and thank you for taking some time to read and acknowledge my posts.
Still makes no sense to me they refused you because you entered Canada as visitor, my wife also entered Canada as visitor and she is on a 4 days a week class and actually they never even ask because the CSQ is what is important, it prooves you are in PR process and to be a visitor visa is irrelevant at that point. I would have immediately went to another school place where they are not on drugs...I hope you get your landing soon indeed

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
lyn28 said:
i hope very very soon!
did you send fees and everything? have you been contacted at all? all my letter says is that they will contact me. haven't asked for pics and i paid the fees when i sent the application.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
I paid $490 online already, I didn't send anything after I paid, i just printed the receipt. I haven't got any letter after email of DM2. I think what we are waiting now is a letter from local office, here in montreal for further instructions. Maybe a request letter to send the copy of the receipt ( for those who just paid RPRF), or new photos, and if we get lucky just a letter stating our landing date. :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
lyn28 said:
I paid $490 online already, I didn't send anything after I paid, i just printed the receipt. I haven't got any letter after email of DM2. I think what we are waiting now is a letter from local office, here in montreal for further instructions. Maybe a request letter to send the copy of the receipt ( for those who just paid RPRF), or new photos, and if we get lucky just a letter stating our landing date. :)
I think out of the entire process (which I have been very lucky since it has only been 7 months I sent my application), this is the time were I am more anxious about. I can't stop checking my emails and ecas and this forum hoping that anybody will say something about landing in Montreal. I have heard of no one landing recently and that's pretty weird! I wonder if they are waiting for more people to get approved and then we will reach a certain number or if they are just waiting for our documents and that sort of thing. I hope they contact us very soon, I am hoping to travel for the holidays and need to book my flights!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
mdna said:
I think out of the entire process (which I have been very lucky since it has only been 7 months I sent my application), this is the time were I am more anxious about. I can't stop checking my emails and ecas and this forum hoping that anybody will say something about landing in Montreal. I have heard of no one landing recently and that's pretty weird! I wonder if they are waiting for more people to get approved and then we will reach a certain number or if they are just waiting for our documents and that sort of thing. I hope they contact us very soon, I am hoping to travel for the holidays and need to book my flights!
It is indeed possible they wait to group as much applicants per specific date but we also have to keep in mind CIC closed many regional offices as per operation bulletin back in june 1st
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob431.asp
In our case for Montreal Office, files from Quebec City, Trois-Rivières and Sherbrooke now all add up to the ones of Montreal Office.
7 months was very fast, nothing compared to the waiting time of previous years but I agree, once we get a step we are impatient for more ;)
It is coming soon !

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
vinlander said:
It is indeed possible they wait to group as much applicants per specific date but we also have to keep in mind CIC closed many regional offices as per operation bulletin back in june 1st
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob431.asp
In our case for Montreal Office, files from Quebec City, Trois-Rivières and Sherbrooke now all add up to the ones of Montreal Office.
7 months was very fast, nothing compared to the waiting time of previous years but I agree, once we get a step we are impatient for more ;)
It is coming soon !
Interesting... but we still don't see anybody landing in Montreal recently... even from other parts of Quebec... I can only hope they are preparing a landing date very soon!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
mdna said:
vinlander,

when do you expect to land?
I hope soon, we have not yet received our landing letter.
The thing with this forum is as much as it can help, it also gives a distortioned view on how many people are immigrating at a given office.
Based on that we would be only a handful waiting with DM to land in Montreal but I don't think it is the case.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
I was looking at other topics and someone from 2010 has landed at the CIC office in Montreal recently.

ProudFather on October 25, 2012:

"Woooohooo i had my landing interview this morning at the montreal Office, it lasted about 90 minutes we was about 30 people, after a quick speech from an agent saying we are about to become PR, we was called to a closed room to verify our documents, where the agent asked 3 questions, do you have any other dependent? have you commit any crime? last one was to the sponsor, do you still want to sponsor? afterwards i signed and received my COPR, she said i will have the PR Card in 4-6 weeks she then took us nextdoor to get a new social Insurance number cause the one i had started with a 9, the agents were really nice to everyone lots of smiles...i initially file Dec 20 2010, AIP Nov 2011, DM August 2012, Landed Oct 25 2012"

He got his letter from CIC Montreal on October 16, 2012.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
@ mdna
It was quite a long process for that applicant...
So they were like 30 people means around 15 couples and 90 min, quite different than what we read about some landing interview barely taking more than 15 -30 min.
I guess each Office is handling things their way

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
vinlander said:
@ mdna
It was quite a long process for that applicant...
So they were like 30 people means around 15 couples and 90 min, quite different than what we read about some landing interview barely taking more than 15 -30 min.
I guess each Office is handling things their way
Yes, it was. I wonder if they also process applications in the order they were received. And I think what he meant by 90 min was from the time they arrived to getting the SIN card... well, I hope so.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
MDNA and VINLANDER, did you check you ecas recently? did it go back to "in process"? Because mine did but the message inside it was the same. I wonder why...