Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Well we got our letter asking us to verify our information and then send in photos. Has anyone else? I'm wondering if a big day of landings in Montreal is coming up in the next few weeks :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
MsJMo said:
Well we got our letter asking us to verify our information and then send in photos. Has anyone else? I'm wondering if a big day of landings in Montreal is coming up in the next few weeks :)
Not yet. But I've thought you guys would receive the letter from Montreal, before I receive one. I hope the letter comes to me soon. :)

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
Congrat for all

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
That's exciting, MsJMo! Was it a snail mail or an email letter?

Who else is waiting to land at Montreal? snp, Sbea, jg, wortip, and me, right? Tomorisu is in Quebec City, right?

Are you looking for jobs now, Tomorisu? Any luck?

How's the little one, jg?

And how is everyone else doing? You left the country yet, QuebecOkie?

kanadskazena?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
I also received a letter today from Montreal, by snail mail.

What means 'Orginal Entry Date'?

Does it mean 'Previous entry date'? Or 'The date when I came to Canada for the first time?'
I'm confused....... ???

@kanadskazena
I guess my landing place is Montreal. Because the office in Quebec city was closed last year, and travelling itinerant office in Quebec city, like QuebecOkie landed in Chicoutimi, was scheduled on October.

I started a part time job. As my ex-job in my country was a bit unique, I found the part time job related to my ex-job.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hi Kanadskazena! I was actually planning my first trip back to the U.S. I was going to be in NY from November 19 to Nov 24 while my husband's away for a course. Unfortunately, plans have changed. I have been in a military French course since August. However, I've had some growing frustrations in the course, so I applied to MICC for their full-time immigrant French course. They move MUCH more quickly than I realized, and since applying (last Friday), I have been accepted into the course starting November 18. So it's a happy/sad thing. I won't get to visit my best friend yet, but hopefully this course will be a better fit for me. Learning French is my number one priority at the moment (it's what I do instead of working like a grown up), so I'm willing to sacrifice the trip.

Tomorisu, I think "original entry date" is the date of your previous entry. I flew into and out of Canada in May of 2012, then entered in July by car and haven't left. The July date was the date I put down. And CONGRATULATIONS on starting a job!!!!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
QuebecOkie said:
Hi Kanadskazena! I was actually planning my first trip back to the U.S. I was going to be in NY from November 19 to Nov 24 while my husband's away for a course. Unfortunately, plans have changed. I have been in a military French course since August. However, I've had some growing frustrations in the course, so I applied to MICC for their full-time immigrant French course. They move MUCH more quickly than I realized, and since applying (last Friday), I have been accepted into the course starting November 18. So it's a happy/sad thing. I won't get to visit my best friend yet, but hopefully this course will be a better fit for me. Learning French is my number one priority at the moment (it's what I do instead of working like a grown up), so I'm willing to sacrifice the trip.

Tomorisu, I think "original entry date" is the date of your previous entry. I flew into and out of Canada in May of 2012, then entered in July by car and haven't left. The July date was the date I put down. And CONGRATULATIONS on starting a job!!!!
Thank you! I called CIC and the officer advised me to write down about the date just in case. So, I attached a letter with confirmation letter, 2 photos and a photocopy of my passport. I wrote that
-I came to Canada on May 2012 and I've been in Quebec since then, so the last entry 'XX-May-2012' is correct.
-If ‘Original Entry Date' means the date of my previous entry, 2011/11/XX on the paper is also correct. However, if this means the date when I came to Canada for the first time, it was 2001/XX/XX.

I'm not sure this is OK. Anyway, I went to post office and sent it. What happens next? I hope the next is the invitation of the landing interview.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Yep, next you get a landing interview letter. :) I think it took about three weeks for them to contact me, but you know I was "special" with my Chicoutimi thing. Montreal seems to move pretty quickly. IT'S REALLY ALMOST OVER!

Hope you liked these photos better!

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Wow, congratulations to Tomorisu on your job and getting contacted by Montreal--too bad it's not in Quebec City, but I do wonder if lots of us will land at the same time! No letter here yet, though. Our emailed documents have all had our previous address on them (despite us changing them on e-cas)--Canada Post is supposed to forward correspondance to us and I hope they do do it! I might try to call CIC tomorrow if I get time.

And QuebecOkie, I thought you'd be out of the country like a shot, but I guess le cours français est plus important! Your French must be getting to be pretty decent by now! It's going to be very odd for you to get back to the US and hear English all over the place!

kanadskazena

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
It's always weird now when English is an option in public. That didn't take long. After about two months here, I went to visit the husband (he was away on course for a few months) in Ontario. We went to the LCBO, and I was practicing my very limited French in my head. I got terrible giggles when the lady at the caisse greeted me in English. And we went to Walmart, where I softly said, "Scusez" when I edged past someone.

I'll get back. It's a matter of me not loving spending his money, and now having a schedule to work around. I KNEW this would happen. I had almost nothing going on for over a year, and now that I CAN travel, I'm busy! :-D

chrischengwy

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Tomorisu said:
Thank you! I called CIC and the officer advised me to write down about the date just in case. So, I attached a letter with confirmation letter, 2 photos and a photocopy of my passport. I wrote that
-I came to Canada on May 2012 and I've been in Quebec since then, so the last entry 'XX-May-2012' is correct.
-If ‘Original Entry Date' means the date of my previous entry, 2011/11/XX on the paper is also correct. However, if this means the date when I came to Canada for the first time, it was 2001/XX/XX.

I'm not sure this is OK. Anyway, I went to post office and sent it. What happens next? I hope the next is the invitation of the landing interview.
Actually, the Original Entry Date is the one you came to Canada, then you started the Immigration process after such entry. But it's no big deal even you get it wrong when you reply to them. Because when I went for the landing interview, I realized they put the date of Original Entry wrong, after double checking my passport stamps, they correct it on the spot rightway. Meaning, as long as you get it right on the landing paper, it's going to be okay.

One more info, when I went to apply for the local driving license, they told me the 6 months for using the original driving license from the home country, starting from our landing day.

Good luck, all should be done very soon.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Thank you, chrischengwy. So, in my case, 'Original Entry Date' = 'Last Entry Date'? Last entry was May 2012, and since then I've been here. Even CIC call centre staff doesn't understand this. :p Anyway, I sent back the confirmation letter to Montreal and it was received this morning. If something wrong, I think they will contact me again.

By the way, I guess snp30011 and Sbea026 have already landed, because their DM was on September. I hope they had their landing interview and just they are busy, so we don't hear anything from them.

@jg, have you heard the date of your landing interview?

@kanadskazena, have you received the letter? Mine was sent to me on 5th and I got it on 7th. So, it took 2 days from Montreal to Quebec city by snail mail.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Tomorisu said:
@ kanadskazena, have you received the letter? Mine was sent to me on 5th and I got it on 7th. So, it took 2 days from Montreal to Quebec city by snail mail.
Nope, no letter yet. The mail can be slow, though, and it does have to be forwarded. No mail Monday (I think), so perhaps we'll hear on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

kanadskazena

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
kanadskazena said:
Nope, no letter yet. The mail can be slow, though, and it does have to be forwarded. No mail Monday (I think), so perhaps we'll hear on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

kanadskazena
Sorry to hear that. Ah yes, Monday is a national holiday. Though it's not a holiday in Quebec, maybe Canada post doesn't work. By the way, have you already taken your photos for PR card? If no, please ready nice one! Because you need to send 2 photos with confirmation letter and you need to send them back within 5 business days.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorisu said:
@ jg, have you heard the date of your landing interview?
Nope I haven't heard back yet, It has been just over 2 weeks since I sent back the request from Quebec for pictures, confirm info etc.

I sent it on Friday 25th October and they received it Monday 28th October, I know this as it had to be signed for on delivery.