+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Cgill said:
Booked the meeting going to see MP. All 2011 years should do this.

If possible we all decide a date and time and meet personally then decide and meet immigration in group.
Seems like a plan. We are looking to do the same for my in-laws application. Have heard nothing so are going to see if the MP can provide some useful info for the lack of movement on the complete batch.

I think the more MP's that are notified of our plight the better the chances that our situation is investigated.

I'm all for faster processing but as a member mentioned not a single May-Nov case has moved forward in 7 months.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Folks,
Just to give you heads up, You can also order Caips Notes about your file processing. which is very useful for something like this. It will tell you exactly whats going on with your file ??

My 2 cents.....!!!!

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
I received my caips notes last week and it was useless. It just says case pending review by the officer. I think unless there is a problem specific to the application itself, then caips notes don't help much. And it seems that there is a general problem with May - Nov, 2011 batch, and it is not going to be in individual files. Someone at CIC has basically messed up and put 2014 applicants in front of our batch. And we won't know why just by looking at caips notes.

hirak24 said:
Folks,
Just to give you heads up, You can also order Caips Notes about your file processing. which is very useful for something like this. It will tell you exactly whats going on with your file ??

My 2 cents.....!!!!

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
PS2011 said:
I received my caips notes last week and it was useless. It just says case pending review by the officer. I think unless there is a problem specific to the application itself, then caips notes don't help much. And it seems that there is a general problem with May - Nov, 2011 batch, and it is not going to be in individual files. Someone at CIC has basically messed up and put 2014 applicants in front of our batch. And we won't know why just by looking at caips notes.
Do you know that lots of 2011 parents have landed while some from 2010 batch are still being processed and waiting? It is just because they are doing in parallel!!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jzsga1 said:
Do you know that lots of 2011 parents have landed while some from 2010 batch are still being processed and waiting? It is just because they are doing in parallel!!

Actually I don't know a lot of 2011 cases that have landed. Only a very few upto Apr 2011 cases have landed.

I do know that not a single May-Nov 2011 cases has received sponsorship approval. That is the most disappointing fact for those affected.

None of us have a problem with cases from 2014 being processed as well but all of us have a problem with none of these cases also moving forward.

Also I don't think anyone on this thread minds if some some from the 2014 thread would like to post here.

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
soonihope said:
Actually I don't know a lot of 2011 cases that have landed. Only a very few upto Apr 2011 cases have landed.

I do know that not a single May-Nov 2011 cases has received sponsorship approval. That is the most disappointing fact for those affected.

None of us have a problem with cases from 2014 being processed as well but all of us have a problem with none of these cases also moving forward.

Also I don't think anyone on this thread minds if some some from the 2014 thread would like to post here.
But do you know the 2010 batch is not done yet? So according to the angry people here logically should 2011 batch also gets zero progress until 2010 is all done? If you are expecting some progress while 2010 is not finished, why 2014 as the next batch cannot get any good progress?? This is the part that I don't get

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jzsga1 said:
But do you know the 2010 batch is not done yet? So according to the angry people here logically should 2011 batch also gets zero progress until 2010 is all done? If you are expecting some progress while 2010 is not finished, why 2014 as the next batch cannot get any good progress?? This is the part that I don't get
Those cases from 2010 are just SOME cases not yet processed. Here the problem is that NONE of the May-Nov 2011 cases have been processed.

How hard can this fact be to understand.

There is probably less anger here than on the 2014 thread. Most people are disappointed, rightly so.

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
soonihope said:
Those cases from 2010 are just SOME cases not yet processed. Here the problem is that NONE of the May-Nov 2011 cases have been processed.

How hard can this fact be to understand.

There is probably less anger here than on the 2014 thread. Most people are disappointed, rightly so.
It is very hard to understand because it really becomes unreasonable. How on earth do you know NONE of May-Nov 2011 cases are not processed and make your judgement? Do you realize that your keeping saying so will just make people here more angry?

Whatever, I do not belong to 2011 or 2014. I am not going to say anymore. Good luck to you guys and hope this long wait is not going to mess up your mind.

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
You don't belong to 2011 or 2014 batch, but you belong to 2015 batch and are hoping that maybe CIC would continue their unfairness and put 2015 batch in front of 2011 files too. So you are concerned about our complaints and are trying to downplay the unfairness that the 2011 batch is facing in an attempt to deter us from contacting our MPs - which could result in delays for the processing of 2014 batch and hence subsequently affect your 2015 batch too.

We won't miss you ;D

jzsga1 said:
It is very hard to understand because it really becomes unreasonable. How on earth do you know NONE of May-Nov 2011 cases are not processed and make your judgement? Do you realize that your keeping saying so will just make people here more angry?

Whatever, I do not belong to 2011 or 2014. I am not going to say anymore. Good luck to you guys and hope this long wait is not going to mess up your mind.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jzsga1 said:

Based on the fact that the people who post on these thread provide a reasonable sample of population and that out of this reasonable sample no one has stated any progress of their case.

By the same logic and statistics the sample from 2014 now do state progress on their cases.

It's not rocket science.

I'm sorry you find "it very hard to understand"

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
PS2011 said:
You don't belong to 2011 or 2014 batch, but you belong to 2015 batch and are hoping that maybe CIC would continue their unfairness and put 2015 batch in front of 2011 files too. So you are concerned about our complaints and are trying to downplay the unfairness that the 2011 batch is facing in an attempt to deter us from contacting our MPs - which could result in delays for the processing of 2014 batch and hence subsequently affect your 2015 batch too.

We won't miss you ;D
You say and do whatever makes you feel better my friend. :p

I just hope CIC can just get faster on all the cases including 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015.

mtl2011

Feb 25, 2016
first, for those 2010 applications, there are two possibilities. 1. their files were messed up by CIC. 2. They did not provide additional right documents or complete documents.

for 2011 May to Nov, there is update. I know there are only 2 applicants received their approvals more than a month ago. They just finished their medical exam request. I strongly recommand every one is going to talk to MP. it is the best way to help for making progress.

for 2014 or 2015 or 2016 applicants, you should basically understand that we have rights to talk to anyone, seeking the.truth, against unfairness. Do whatever you would like to do, do not try to be a teacher, or a kind person....it is not necessary. just focus on your own case. others business are not yours.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
mtl2011 said:
first, for those 2010 applications, there are two possibilities. 1. their files were messed up by CIC. 2. They did not provide additional right documents or complete documents.

for 2011 May to Nov, there is update. I know there are only 2 applicants received their approvals more than a month ago. They just finished their medical exam request. I strongly recommand every one is going to talk to MP. it is the best way to help for making progress.

for 2014 or 2015 or 2016 applicants, you should basically understand that we have rights to talk to anyone, seeking the.truth, against unfairness. Do whatever you would like to do, do not try to be a teacher, or a kind person....it is not necessary. just focus on your own case. others business are not yours.
Liberals Raise Cap On Family Visa Program
CP | By The Canadian Press
Posted: 02/26/2016 7:02 pm EST Updated: 02/26/2016 8:59 pm EST

Share 3
Tweet
Comment 13

Print

OTTAWA — The Liberals have raised the cap on the number of applications the government will accept for the coveted parent and grandparent visa program.

The immigration minister issued formal instructions Friday that this year and in each year going forward, 10,000 applications will be accepted, up from 5,000 in each of the previous two years.

Raising the cap on applications was a promise the Liberals made during the election campaign.

The move signals that the broader Liberal plan on how many immigrants Canada will accept in 2016 is likely nearing release, as Immigration Minister John McCallum had previously said the two were connected.

john mccallum
Immigration Minister John McCallum speaks at a press conference in Ottawa. (Photo: Fred Chartrand/CP)

The parent and grandparent visa program is one of the most popular immigration streams but in 2011, the previous Conservative government shut it down, citing problems with the program and a need to work through a massive backlog in applications.

When they reopened the program in 2014, they made a number of changes, including increasing how much money someone is required to have before sponsoring a parent or grandparent, and how long that support must be guaranteed.

But the most criticized step was a cap on new applications at 5,000. The Liberals had promised to increase it during last year's campaign.

They had signalled the move was coming in January, when rather than cutting off intake of new applications at 5,000, they accepted over 14,000.

Still working files from 2011

The first 10,000 complete files will be processed on top of those already in the system.

According to information on the Immigration Department's website, they are still working through files received before Nov. 4, 2011.

"These instructions contribute to a strategy to facilitate family reunification and fulfil the Government of Canada's commitment to double new application intake to a maximum of 10 000 applications annually," say the ministerial instructions for the new cap, published online Friday afternoon.

While the instructions change the cap, they don't change any other elements of the program, including the applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

This has created a lucrative business for couriers who are charging hundreds of dollars to guarantee an application is first in the queue.

After a public outcry earlier this year, McCallum had said he would look into if any changes could be made in future years, but noted the increased cap would ease some of the crunch.

Program admitted 18,000 in 2014

In 2014, the last year for which full figures are available, just over 18,000 people were admitted into Canada under the program.

How many people will actually come to Canada this year under the program will be contained in what's known as the immigration levels plan, a document the government is required to publish each year by Nov. 1.

Since the House of Commons was not sitting then because of the election, the Liberals now have until March 9 to publish the information.

Also on HuffPost:

TEl

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mocsow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-09-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-07-2016
Passport Req..
25-07-2016
mtl2011 said:
for 2011 May to Nov, there is update. I know there are only 2 applicants received their approvals more than a month ago. They just finished their medical exam request.
Are those 2 applicants from 2011 May to Nov registered on our forum? How do you know about them?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
expectin said:
Liberals Raise Cap On Family Visa Program
CP | By The Canadian Press
Posted: 02/26/2016 7:02 pm EST Updated: 02/26/2016 8:59 pm EST

Share 3
Tweet
Comment 13

Print

OTTAWA — The Liberals have raised the cap on the number of applications the government will accept for the coveted parent and grandparent visa program.

The immigration minister issued formal instructions Friday that this year and in each year going forward, 10,000 applications will be accepted, up from 5,000 in each of the previous two years.

Raising the cap on applications was a promise the Liberals made during the election campaign.

The move signals that the broader Liberal plan on how many immigrants Canada will accept in 2016 is likely nearing release, as Immigration Minister John McCallum had previously said the two were connected.

john mccallum
Immigration Minister John McCallum speaks at a press conference in Ottawa. (Photo: Fred Chartrand/CP)

The parent and grandparent visa program is one of the most popular immigration streams but in 2011, the previous Conservative government shut it down, citing problems with the program and a need to work through a massive backlog in applications.

When they reopened the program in 2014, they made a number of changes, including increasing how much money someone is required to have before sponsoring a parent or grandparent, and how long that support must be guaranteed.

But the most criticized step was a cap on new applications at 5,000. The Liberals had promised to increase it during last year's campaign.

They had signalled the move was coming in January, when rather than cutting off intake of new applications at 5,000, they accepted over 14,000.

Still working files from 2011

The first 10,000 complete files will be processed on top of those already in the system.

According to information on the Immigration Department's website, they are still working through files received before Nov. 4, 2011.

"These instructions contribute to a strategy to facilitate family reunification and fulfil the Government of Canada's commitment to double new application intake to a maximum of 10 000 applications annually," say the ministerial instructions for the new cap, published online Friday afternoon.

While the instructions change the cap, they don't change any other elements of the program, including the applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

This has created a lucrative business for couriers who are charging hundreds of dollars to guarantee an application is first in the queue.

After a public outcry earlier this year, McCallum had said he would look into if any changes could be made in future years, but noted the increased cap would ease some of the crunch.

Program admitted 18,000 in 2014

In 2014, the last year for which full figures are available, just over 18,000 people were admitted into Canada under the program.

How many people will actually come to Canada this year under the program will be contained in what's known as the immigration levels plan, a document the government is required to publish each year by Nov. 1.

Since the House of Commons was not sitting then because of the election, the Liberals now have until March 9 to publish the information.

Also on HuffPost:
The part of the statement that interested me was: