+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

Please join here everybody who applied for sponsorship their parents in 2011 (May - November). Hopefully, we will receive the doc. request soon (maybe this month).

It would be just easy to wait together and share news.

Good luck for all of us!

My time line is:

App. Filed.......: MAY-2011
Doc's Request.:
AOR Received.:
File Transfer...:
Med's Request:
Med's Done....:
Interview........:
Passport Req..:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Last year letters for documents were sent out at the end of July.
Hopefully you will get something in the mail in next couple of weeks.

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Last year letters for documents were sent out at the end of July.
Hopefully you will get something in the mail in next couple of weeks.
Hopefuly yes.

But somebody here is in the same boat like me?

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called today in CIC and the agent told me that if I don't have any letter in a month I should call them.

I think it's a good news!

Just wait a little bit more...

reallynewbie

Dec 11, 2014
ksenya said:
I called today in CIC and the agent told me that if I don't have any letter in a month I should call them.

I think it's a good news!

Just wait a little bit more...
That is great!!

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup, add me to the list, I applied in second week of May 2011.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Applied in June 2011 ... it's long been quite since.

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked the weekly status, the timeline is now 50 months, Hope is end of this month

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi all,

I am also in same boat. Applied on 18 August 2011. Hope we have the request soon....

Thanks,

reallynewbie

Dec 11, 2014
reallynewbie said:
That is great!!
I called CIC for some other reason and at the end I asked the agent about Parent Sponsorship. He said estimate is wait 1-2 months. I asked if it a sure thing that CIC will start processing files for us. He said it is just an estimate, nothing sure. He said as the website says, they are processing the applications received on or before April 30, 2011. He said, website will be updated when they will start next batch.

GLTA

--
reallynewbie

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's something like a standard answer... Unfortunately, they don't want to say more than we can see in the website... And only sometimes if you reach a really good guy from CIC he (she) can tell you a little bit more...

Just wait 3 weeks more.. Will see..

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
last year's letters started being sent to people around the 25th July.
Hopefully this year they will start at the same time.

Try and be as quick as possible to send back your documents because they say on the letter that they will process complete applications in the order they receive them back.

All the best for the next step.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Building on the good advice from @soonihope, does anyone have a concise list of what's asked when CIC does get around to processing May-Nov 2011 applications? Option C printout of which year? Any other forms/documents etc.?
I assume applicants prior to May 2011 would have received similar requests. It only makes sense to get those ready and send them right away when you do get a request for documents for the sponsor approval.

Any input would be great!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
winnipegmb said:
Building on the good advice from @ soonihope, does anyone have a concise list of what's asked when CIC does get around to processing May-Nov 2011 applications? Option C printout of which year? Any other forms/documents etc.?
I assume applicants prior to May 2011 would have received similar requests. It only makes sense to get those ready and send them right away when you do get a request for documents for the sponsor approval.

Any input would be great!
Last year the document list asked for the option C printout for the year you applied and the previous year.
That would be 2010 & 2011 for everyone. I would however also request the other year's i.e 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. The reason is if you need to provide additional option C printout then no delay in waiting to get them.

Below is list of everything requested last year:

Option C Printout

Submit an original Option C Printout for the tax year that you submitted the original sponsorship application AND an original Option C Printout for the year before you submitted the application. The Option C Printout is required for both tax years.

Original

For the Principal Applicant

Forms and supporting documents (to be completed and submitted by all applicants).

Note: Do not complete the Visa Office Specific Instructions. Documents must be submitted in the order of this checklist.

Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM 0008)

Each application package must contain only one completed, dated and signed 2D barcoded

IMM 0008. Please complete and validate this form online.

All dependants previously listed on the original sponsorship application must be listed on the

IMM 0008. If you no longer wish to include them in your application, please provide a written explanation why and include it with your submission.

Original

Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) (if applicable)

If the applicant has more than five dependants (whether they are accompanying or not), then the principal applicant must complete, date and sign this form.

For instructions on completing this form, please refer to:

Original

Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)

A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:

• the principal applicant, and,

• spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not) and,

• each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not).

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first, in chronological order. Do not leave any sections blank or gaps in time. You must write "n/a" in any sections that are not applicable to your situation. Include all:

• jobs,

• periods of unemployment,

• study,

• vacations, or

• being a homemaker.

Do not use abbreviations. Do not use general words such as "employee", "working", or “manager." Specify your activity such as retail salesperson, architect, financial manager, etc.

For instructions on completing this form, please refer to:

Note: If this section is not accurately completed, it will cause delays in the processing of your application.

Original

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

A separate form must be completed, dated and signed by:

• the principal applicant; and

• spouse or common-law partner (whether they are accompanying or not); and

• each dependent child over the age of 18 years (whether they are accompanying or not).

For instructions on completing this form, please refer to: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3998ETOC.asp#3998E4

Original

Use of a representative (IMM 5476)

Complete, date, sign and include this form in your application if you have a paid or unpaid representative.

For instructions on completing this form, please refer to: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3998ETOC.asp#3998E4

Original

Travel documents and passports

Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children. Include only copies of pages showing:

the passport number,
date of issue and expiry,
the photo, name, date and place of birth,
pages showing any amendments in name, date of birth, expiration, etc.
You must hold a valid regular passport. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada.

Proof of Admission (if applicable)

If the visa office you have specified for processing your application is not the visa office responsible for your country of nationality, provide proof that you have been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year to a country for which the specified visa office is responsible.

Proof of lawful admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry or other place of admission. If an extension of the original status has been obtained, the evidence required would be a document or stamp issued by the ministry responsible for immigration matters, providing an extension up to one year or beyond.

Please note that the CPC-Mississauga is not a visa office. Visa offices are outside of Canada.

Submit photocopies of:

• current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport, and

• current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity.

Copies

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor in Canada

Submit proof of relationship showing you are the parent or grandparent of your sponsor in Canada. The document you submit must prove the relationship between the principal applicant and the sponsor.

You must provide the following documents:

Birth certificates;
Legal documents showing name or date of birth changes (if applicable);
National IDs, family/household registry/book (if applicable).
Copies

Identity and Civil Status Documents

You must provide the following documents for you and your current and/or former spouse/common-law partner:

Marriage certificate(s), final divorce or annulment certificate(s). If married more than once, include certificates from each marriage and divorce or annulment you, your spouse or common-law partner have had;
Death certificate for former spouse(s) or common-law partner(s) (if applicable);
Legal documents showing name or date of birth changes (if applicable);
National IDs, family/household registry/book (if applicable)
If you have a common-law partner, complete and include the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409 – original) and provide evidence that you have cohabitated with your partner for a period of at least 12 continuous months. Evidence may be, but not limited to, the following examples listing both your names:
copies of joint bank account statements,
copies of leases, utility bills etc.
Copies, unless otherwise stated

Hope this helps you all.