+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Well first person on 2014 thread just got their medical request today. They applied in Jan 2014 and now got medical in Feb 2016.

So unless everyone in May-Nov 2011 has really complicated cases make sense of the way processing is done now.

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
We should all write directly to John McCallum's e-mail and complain. This is unacceptable. I will write my complaint later today.

mtl2011

Feb 25, 2016
I suggest that everybody sends email to Minister CIC and local MP to complain the way of processing...
More people complain, more powerful it is.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
PS2011 said:
We should all write directly to John McCallum's e-mail and complain. This is unacceptable. I will write my complaint later today.
It is difficult to determine who is right and who is wrong but here are my $0.02. Not intended to offend any one.

Imagine you are in minister's shoes. How would these 'complaints' make you feel if you are trying to expedite the process overall, and in return all you get unhappy people. I don't know about others but I will certainly feel discouraged.

'Pre 2012' and '2014 and following' applications had different document requests. Since the applicants in new process were required to submit more documents (almost all the required document) than 2011 folks, it makes sense that their processing from AOR to Medical is faster, HOWEVER, as someone else has suggested previously as well, you often see 'visa processing' in the order applications were received.

This is called parallel processing and/or distributing work to expedite the overall process. 2011 files are probably being reviewed by dedicated teams, in the mean time I would imagine that if other staff is available they were asked to start processing 2014 (up to medical stage) application. If you are wondering why these other available staff were not asked to give a hand in 2011 applications instead, well let me tell you this that 2 or more people processing one single file does not always make it faster..especially if the process is linear.

If you still want to send your complaint, feel free. But also give credit to this new government for their efforts in expediting the process.

nawabheer

Jun 6, 2015
Hi,

I sent my documents by Canada post and tracked it till delivered to their office.Only worry is that they have not any way acknowledged.Suggest.

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
You seem one concerned 2014/post-2014 applicant that our complaints might slow down your processing. I give absolutely zero credit to this government for this kind of unfair processing.

tamilnadu said:
It is difficult to determine who is right and who is wrong but here are my $0.02. Not intended to offend any one.

Imagine you are in minister's shoes. How would these 'complaints' make you feel if you are trying to expedite the process overall, and in return all you get unhappy people. I don't know about others but I will certainly feel discouraged.

'Pre 2012' and '2014 and following' applications had different document requests. Since the applicants in new process were required to submit more documents (almost all the required document) than 2011 folks, it makes sense that their processing from AOR to Medical is faster, HOWEVER, as someone else has suggested previously as well, you often see 'visa processing' in the order applications were received.

This is called parallel processing and/or distributing work to expedite the overall process. 2011 files are probably being reviewed by dedicated teams, in the mean time I would imagine that if other staff is available they were asked to start processing 2014 (up to medical stage) application. If you are wondering why these other available staff were not asked to give a hand in 2011 applications instead, well let me tell you this that 2 or more people processing one single file does not always make it faster..especially if the process is linear.

If you still want to send your complaint, feel free. But also give credit to this new government for their efforts in expediting the process.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
PS2011 said:
You seem one concerned 2014/post-2014 applicant that our complaints might slow down your processing. I give absolutely zero credit to this government for this kind of unfair processing.
Yes, I am 2016 applicant. And no matter what happens to 2011 vs 2014 application, not even in my wildest dreams I can imagine myself getting ahead of 2011 applications. It still might be a race between 2011-2014 applications but certainly 2016 are back benchers.

So yes, I am 2016 applicant. But NO, I am not concerned at all that your complaints (or no complaints) will have any effect on my wait time.

I was speaking from a social harmony point of view. Please go ahead and give no credit to this new government (sarcasm). After all, what is the point of living Canadian culture (i.e. sensibility and thoughtfulness) even though we all wanted to immigrate here so badly...(sarcasm)

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
You applied in 2016. Imagine in 2021, they start processing 2019 applicants ahead of you. Would you still lecture people about social harmony, Canadian culture, blah blah?

tamilnadu said:
Yes, I am 2016 applicant. And no matter what happens to 2011 vs 2014 application, not even in my wildest dreams I can imagine myself getting ahead of 2011 applications. It still might be a race between 2011-2014 applications but certainly 2016 are back benchers.

So yes, I am 2016 applicant. But NO, I am not concerned at all that your complaints (or no complaints) will have any effect on my wait time.

I was speaking from a social harmony point of view. Please go ahead and give no credit to this new government (sic). After all, what is the point of living Canadian culture (i.e. sensibility and thoughtfulness) even though we all wanted to immigrate here so badly...(sic)

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
PS2011 said:
You applied in 2016. Imagine in 2021, they start processing 2019 applicants ahead of you. Would you still lecture people about social harmony, Canadian culture, blah blah?
To answer your question, 'Yes', since they are working on all the files.

Between, I was not really 'lecturing', easy!

Please go ahead with your plans and submit your complaint. I wish you the very best. Sending positive vibes your way. :)

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
I realize how unfair this may seem or how demoralizing this might be to some (if someone from 2014 did actually get a medical request). Getting all worked up won't do or solve anything. We're all here to help each other, share, vent etc.
Some over at the 2014 thread are getting touchy that their progress is being shared and here, the 2011 camp seems to be disheartened.
Keep your chin up guys, this too shall pass! /pep talk

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
What ever the reason but this is really disappointing...................No idea what these immigration officers thinking....5 yrs is a big time and we are still waiting...

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nawabheer said:
Hi,

I sent my documents by Canada post and tracked it till delivered to their office.Only worry is that they have not any way acknowledged.Suggest.
I just wait 2 more weeks and call again

lemoncoffee52

Feb 9, 2016
Hi Guys, this is my timeline:

Submitted Sep 2011
Additional doc request Sep 2015
Sent additional doc Nov 2015

I called CIC a couple of times and now received a letter from CPC-M. They mentioned that they are still working on applications with additional doc sent prior to Oct 24, 2015. If additional doc was sent after this date, they have not started review for the completeness yet.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
lemoncoffee52 said:
Hi Guys, this is my timeline:

Submitted Sep 2011
Additional doc request Sep 2015
Sent additional doc Nov 2015

I called CIC a couple of times and now received a letter from CPC-M. They mentioned that they are still working on applications with additional doc sent prior to Oct 24, 2015. If additional doc was sent after this date, they have not started review for the completeness yet.
Booked the meeting going to see MP. All 2011 years should do this.

If possible we all decide a date and time and meet personally then decide and meet immigration in group.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
hello folks,

Sorry for late response. Its been a little late since I last checked in.
it is really disheartening to see 2014 applicants already started receiving medical requests. That is ridiculous. I totally agree about parallel processing but at the same time it should not create any un justice to anyone.

Also, to add here, i received additional form request on Jan., 28,2015. I sent form back to them on Feb.,12,2016. After that so far no results. This request was sent after I received AOR in Oct 2015 about all the additional documents I submitted.
File Submitted - Jun 30,2011
Additional Document Request - July 2015
Documents Submitted - September 2015
AOR received - October 2015
Additional form request - Jan 2016
Additional form submitted - Feb 2016

Fingers are crossed...!!!!! May god bless everyone with good news sometime soon.