+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

mthaker

Apr 19, 2007
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as many of you. Applied for parents in July 2011. Received additional document request in Aug 2015 and submitted documents in Sep 2015. Since then there is no update from CIC.

Is this delayed because CIC is busy processing Syria applications?

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's difficult to say why it takes so long...

Guys, I added new column as TEI suggested "Started Processing". This is the date which is indicated in your status when CIC started processing your application.
Please let me know your date.

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi ksenya,

On my status it says Started Processing on 30 Dec 2015 and didn't received AOR yet.

Thanks,

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
ksenya said:
It's difficult to say why it takes so long...

Guys, I added new column as TEI suggested "Started Processing". This is the date which is indicated in your status when CIC started processing your application.
Please let me know your date.
Hi ksenya,
Here are the dates for me based on what's missing from the spreadsheet. Thanks for putting it together!
Send Doc: Sept 2015
Started processing: Dec 31, 2015

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
his579 said:
Hi ksenya,

On my status it says Started Processing on 30 Dec 2015 and didn't received AOR yet.

Thanks,

You should call CIC. My friend had the same situation and after his call they sent him AOR by e-mail. If you don't have AOR 3 months you should call...

his579

Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
July 2016 (Re-med: 07 Sep 2016)
Passport Req..
22 Sep 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Oct 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Thanks Ksenya,

Just called cic again and they said the AOR has been dispatched on 19th Feb so should be receiving soon.

Thanks,

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
his579 said:
Thanks Ksenya,

Just called cic again and they said the AOR has been dispatched on 19th Feb so should be receiving soon.

Thanks,
Good news!

nawabheer

Jun 6, 2015
Applied for parents in Jul 2011.
CIC Acknowledged -February 26, 2013 .
Additional Document asked-28 Jul 2015.
Documents sent-28 Oct 2015.
No AOR Received.
I called Immigration Mississauga yesterday,they told me that they do not send AOR,where they had asked some additional documents.But not clarified if second time documents received or not.Also my case does not show In process at their site.any advice?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Almost 7 months since you folks got document request and still no sponsorship approvals.

What is happening with May-Nov cases. It seems almost unbelievable that things could be so quiet.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
soonihope said:
Almost 7 months since you folks got document request and still no sponsorship approvals.

What is happening with May-Nov cases. It seems almost unbelievable that things could be so quiet.
If I were to guess, its because immigration targets for 2016 have yet to be set/released by CIC. March 9th seems to be the deadline for that so things might be in a holding pattern until then. Things will either improve from then on or get even worse based on what allocation each category gets.
Pure speculation of course :) ...

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nawabheer said:
Applied for parents in Jul 2011.
CIC Acknowledged -February 26, 2013 .
Additional Document asked-28 Jul 2015.
Documents sent-28 Oct 2015.
No AOR Received.
I called Immigration Mississauga yesterday,they told me that they do not send AOR,where they had asked some additional documents.But not clarified if second time documents received or not.Also my case does not show In process at their site.any advice?
How did you send your documents? By courier?

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
Not sure it's connected to that because visas are issued by LVO's, and not by Mississauga. Mississauga can at least approve sponsorships and transfer them to LVO's and CIC can keep the applications at LVO's until they know what the quota is.

winnipegmb said:
If I were to guess, its because immigration targets for 2016 have yet to be set/released by CIC. March 9th seems to be the deadline for that so things might be in a holding pattern until then. Things will either improve from then on or get even worse based on what allocation each category gets.
Pure speculation of course :) ...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
PS2011 said:
Not sure it's connected to that because visas are issued by LVO's, and not by Mississauga. Mississauga can at least approve sponsorships and transfer them to LVO's and CIC can keep the applications at LVO's until they know what the quota is.
I agree somewhat as this has been the way things have happened in the past. Sponsorship approval is just one step unless all you folks get upfront medical requests along with the sponsorship approval letter.

It used to be the norm with PGP cases for the file to be transferred to LVO upon approval and the medical request would be sent out by the LVO.
However we began to see around last summer that cases were beginning to get sponsorship approval and med request in one go.
Under this case if applicants do their medicals and visa quota is not known then some would end up having to redo medicals as they are only valid for 12 months.

My own case was handled the old way and after I got sponsorship approval in Jan I had to wait till Dec for medical request from my LVO. Still waiting for PPR but at least the medicals are valid until this Dec.
If we had received up front medical request last Jan our medicals would have expired by now and we would have to redo them.

I think you guys may get your medical requests along with the sponsorship approval as this seems to be the current trend out of Mississauga during the later part of 2015.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
PS2011 said:
That's a joke, right?

You wanted to say that CPC-M can approve a 2016 applicant as sponsor after accepting payments and sending AOR's and then forward the case to LVO. After a year or two, the LVO (CIC) would come up that "O Sorry, you missed the quota, we have to reject your application". What do you recommend the applicant should do while waiting? Prepare for 2017 and onward races?

Besides, you guys, then 2014 and 2015 applications come before 2016 for 'sponsorship approval'. CIC cannot hold a 2016 file for such long to reject at the end on basis of not meeting the quota.

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Rossei said:
That's a joke, right?

You wanted to say that CPC-M can approve a 2016 applicant as sponsor after accepting payments and sending AOR's and then forward the case to LVO. After a year or two, the LVO (CIC) would come up that "O Sorry, you missed the quota, we have to reject your application". What do you recommend the applicant should do while waiting? Prepare for 2017 and onward races?

Besides, you guys, then 2014 and 2015 applications come before 2016 for 'sponsorship approval'. CIC cannot hold a 2016 file for such long to reject at the end on basis of not meeting the quota.
No misplaced humor here ... I believe the reference was about annual immigration targets (e.g. ~280,000 *visas* and how many of those will be economic/PGP/refugees etc.) and not the PGP application intake cap (e.g. 5000 or 10,000 etc.).
Here's the link to what's being referred to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2015-2016/

Another example of how targets affect processing times (says right there on the Check Processing Times' page on cic.gc.ca):
"Many more people want to immigrate to Canada than the Government of Canada can bring in each year under our annual immigration plan. Applications received after the maximum has been met may have to wait longer to be processed."

P.S. re: "CIC cannot hold a 2016 file for such long to reject at the end on basis of not meeting the quota. "
You might not remember this, but CIC did just that back in 2012 for FSW applications under Bill C-38:
http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html