+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 part-time semesters will effect PGWP?

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Thanks dear for your suggestion!
Yaa i checked my University have the courses which i want to take in my summer semester.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Thanks dear!
I will talk to a lawyer before dropping a course.But i am just but confuse if i am not dropping the course then for sure i will out from university. Then there is no other path available for me.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks dear!
I will talk to a lawyer before dropping a course.But i am just but confuse if i am not dropping the course then for sure i will out from university. Then there is no other path available for me.
Yes that’s also true because being on probation is hard that’s why I suggest you to talking to lawyer asap . Taking part time course is fine but your coming semester should be full time

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Now i am in winter i have 3 courses. But i am not doing good in 1 course i want to drop 1 course because i am on academic probation. If this semester my GPA will low then i will required to withdraw for 2 semesters. I am so confused is this good option to drop 1 course??.Please help
You're only authorized to maintain a part-time enrolment during your final session (term) when you're about to complete your degree.
If you don't meet this you're not eligible for a PGWP.

Also, when you apply for a PGWP both transcripts and letter from institution need to be submitted.

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
You're only authorized to maintain a part-time enrolment during your final session (term) when you're about to complete your degree.

Also, when you apply for a PGWP both transcripts and letter from institution need to be submitted.
Thanks for your reply!
So there is any suggestion at that point which can save my future!

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
I tried my best but i am not doing good in that course. Is there any chance if i withdraw the course and become part- time and become full time in my all rest of semesters and when i will apply my PGWP write a strong letter about my conditions because i am full time in the starting of semester but i withdraw it because of lacking in the course.It will work??

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I tried my best but i am not doing good in that course. Is there any chance if i withdraw the course and become part- time and become full time in my all rest of semesters and when i will apply my PGWP write a strong letter about my conditions because i am full time in the starting of semester but i withdraw it because of lacking in the course.It will work??
IRCC states very clearly that you are only allowed to take part time classes during the last session (term) of your program. It does not mention any other exceptions so you shouldn't be expecting them to make any for you, it could happen, but it there's no way to know.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020

I didn't have to submit transcripts for my PGWP in 2018. All I needed was a letter confirming satisfactory program completion.

vhshah

Mar 4, 2020
Hi. I am currently in a master’s program at the university of Waterloo. The fall term in 2019 was meant to be my last term and hence I took it as a part time term. However I failed a course due to which I had to take an extra term tHat i am currently doing. Since I only had one course, I was registered as a part time student again. I was also workings part time during both terms. Now while I have been told by the university’s immigration team that I can write a letter of explanation for this unfortunate situation, is there anyway for me to actually pgwp?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I am currently in a master’s program at the university of Waterloo. The fall term in 2019 was meant to be my last term and hence I took it as a part time term. However I failed a course due to which I had to take an extra term tHat i am currently doing. Since I only had one course, I was registered as a part time student again. I was also workings part time during both terms. Now while I have been told by the university’s immigration team that I can write a letter of explanation for this unfortunate situation, is there anyway for me to actually pgwp?
You don't qualify for a PGWP and you worked illegally; your chances of the visa officer overlooking that are low.

AmninderBrar

Feb 6, 2020
Hey
I had my September semester part time i had some emergency Vists to India and which my passport directly reflects to and i dropped two of my courses . I had January semester full time. Summer would be my last semester and could i be part time or will it trouble be with my work permit.
Also, i will finish my study by 31 august and my study permit and visa expires on 31 august as well. If i will be part time will it effect my extension process?

Last edited:

Mohan Sharma

Apr 7, 2020
Hi there,
I am student from Conestoga College. I am also having question regarding part time semester. i came to Canada in September 2018 in a 8 months Program and after my two semesters, I took two courses as part time semester in May 2019 because I was not able to pick up that two courses in my second semester. Unfortunately, I could not pass one course from that two courses that i took in may 2019 and I started my new program in Fall 2019 and it is going to be done in April 2020 which is fully completed and in may 2020, i am going to Pick up that course from my previous program which i could not pass in may 2019 and it will make my second part time semester as well. Do i am eligible for PGWP?

Last edited: