+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 part-time semesters will effect PGWP?

Jaspreet868

Jan 21, 2020
Okay. Thank you so much. Because one of my friend did not attend college more than 6 months and got a work permit . I have been a full time student throughout my studies except first semester

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Okay. Thank you so much. Because one of my friend did not attend college more than 6 months and got a work permit . I have been a full time student throughout my studies except first semester
Hi dear

I am in same situation can you tell me what happen with you did you get PGWP??

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Now i am in winter i have 3 courses. But i am not doing good in 1 course i want to drop 1 course because i am on academic probation. If this semester my GPA will low then i will required to withdraw for 2 semesters. I am so confused is this good option to drop 1 course??.Please help

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Now i am in winter i have 3 courses. But i am not doing good in 1 course i want to drop 1 course because i am on academic probation. If this semester my GPA will low then i will required to withdraw for 2 semesters. I am so confused is this good option to drop 1 course??.Please help
If you drop one course you will be part time student and can’t work . Failing a course will don’t effect anything but dropping a course will .

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
But if i will not drop the course then i will out fron university for 2 semesters. What should at that point???

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
If i will stop working , drop the course and be full time in rest of the semesters. Then can i will still get the PGWP??

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
If i will stop working , drop the course and be full time in rest of the semesters. Then can i will still get the PGWP??
If you are part time continuously in two semesters it’s hard to get pgwp . It’s really hard to get

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
No i will not part time in 2 semesters .I will be part time in just 1.
So if you are part time in fall semester and part time in winter semester it will be trouble. But if you are full time in fall semester part time in winter and full time in summer semester it should be fine

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
So if you are part time in fall semester and part time in winter semester it will be trouble. But if you are full time in fall semester part time in winter and full time in summer semester it should be fine
Part time in one semester is fine but if you are part time student continuously in two semesters together then it’s hard to het pgwp

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
Yaa
Yaa its right. I did my fall as a full- time . Now i am doing winter which i want Part- time and In summer i will be Full time. Can i eligible for PGWP??

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Yaa

Yaa its right. I did my fall as a full- time . Now i am doing winter which i want Part- time and In summer i will be Full time. Can i eligible for PGWP??
Yes you should be fine . I will suggest you to talk to lawyer before dropping course . This is public forum and nobody can tell you anything about future. Also before dropping course first check whether your college has summer courses and you can register them . Sometimes college don’t have enough courses and they suggest students to take official drop.

check this out-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html