canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
I am student from Conestoga College. I am also having question regarding part time semester. i came to Canada in September 2018 in a 8 months Program and after my two semesters, I took two courses as part time semester in May 2019 because I was not able to pick up that two courses in my second semester. Unfortunately, I could not pass one course from that two courses that i took in may 2019 and I started my new program in Fall 2019 and it is going to be done in April 2020 which is fully completed and in may 2020, i am going to Pick up that course from my previous program which i could not pass in may 2019 and it will make my second part time semester as well. Do i am eligible for PGWP?
You will be eligible for a PGWP for the second program you took, provided you remained full-time in those 2 semesters, but not the first program.

Mohan Sharma

Apr 7, 2020
So, Do I need to give explanation that why i took two part time semesters If I apply PGWP on these two programs? what should i do now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So, Do I need to give explanation that why i took two part time semesters If I apply PGWP on these two programs? what should i do now?
You can try to explain but as I said, you don't qualify for the first program, so you will get a PGWP for the one complete program.

Mohan Sharma

Apr 7, 2020
I don't what should I do at this point of time? because I am an undergraduate student and If I will apply work permit on one year program, I will get only one year work permit which is definitely not fine for me. Can you please tell me what should I do now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don't what should I do at this point of time? because I am an undergraduate student and If I will apply work permit on one year program, I will get only one year work permit which is definitely not fine for me. Can you please tell me what should I do now?
Take another program and make sure you stay full-time.

Kiras

Apr 29, 2020
Yes - with two part time semesters you are at risk for your PGWP to be refused. You should do whatever it takes to avoid having a second part time semester. If necessary, take additional courses you don't need to ensure you have a full course load.
Hello , I done my diploma this semester , and i will be going to apply pgwp. But i have an issue I studied one semester part time . My story is
First semester 8.5 credits 2 courses
Second semester 12 credits 3 courses
Third semester 15 credits 4 courses
Fourth semester 17 credits 5 courses
Fifth semester 17 credits 5 courses
In my first semester my college registration office dropped me from my one course by accidentally . I talked to my college they said you can apply full explanation letter, but my lawyer said not need to apply explanation letter because it give more attention to immigration officer. So i am worry about my pgwp . Please help me...

Nike20

Apr 29, 2020
Hi I’m in the same situation as you I guess. I graduated from 4 year program and applied on May 18. I have 2 part time semesters with 8 creidts each (3+3+2). I registered three courses as usual but it turns out that one of them involved only 2 credit.
But that course involved 6 hours of study time per week which corresponds to 6 credit course usually. So during that time, I took 12 hours of study time per week which is more than full time.

So I wrote them in my letter of explanation and still waiting for result.

When did you apply?
Hello, what was the outcome?
I’m in the same situation right now

Nike20

Apr 29, 2020
Okay. Thank you so much. Because one of my friend did not attend college more than 6 months and got a work permit . I have been a full time student throughout my studies except first semester
Hello,
Can you please tell what happened

AlexCosta

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
INLAND
App. Filed.......
20-11-2020
Part time in one semester is fine but if you are part time student continuously in two semesters together then it’s hard to het pgwp
Hi Garry,

In 4 years of studies I was in part-time for only one session. But I have a medical certificate which says that I had a disease which requires rest and I will write an explanation letter. But I'm afraid to see too much refusal of PGWP due to part-time studies. What do you think?

Kpskl

May 23, 2020
Hi there,
I wanted to ask something about part time semesters. I have one part time in may 2019 and may 2020 rest my all semesters are fulltime. I had conversation with my lawyer, he said there is no problem because you were not part-time continuously, if you were part-time continuously two semesters then there is a problem but m still afraid about this problem. Can someone help me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
I wanted to ask something about part time semesters. I have one part time in may 2019 and may 2020 rest my all semesters are fulltime. I had conversation with my lawyer, he said there is no problem because you were not part-time continuously, if you were part-time continuously two semesters then there is a problem but m still afraid about this problem. Can someone help me?
It doesn't matter if they weren't continuous. Unless it's your last semester, one part-time semester makes you ineligible for a PGWP. Were summer semesters regularly scheduled semesters in your program?

Kpskl

May 23, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to tell you that I was having two programs Medical Office and office Administration. I came in September 2018 I started in medical office program After two full time semesters, I took one part time in May 2019 for two courses but unfortunately I could not passed one. So I started my new program office administration I am completely done with that and now I am doing that course of my previous program in May 2020. I talked to a lawyer he said you have no problem because if you were having two part time semesters continuously then definitely there will be issue regarding PGWP and I am not able to think what should I do?

laaurajones

May 27, 2020
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I am in the process of applying to my PGWP, but I was a part-time student during the last term before graduating (during the fall semester and full time during the winter semester) and with my application, I've submitted a letter from my university explaining that I was only a part-time student during the fall term because the courses I needed in order to graduate were only offered in the winter. Will I be in trouble?

JapaneseInMB

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I am in the process of applying to my PGWP, but I was a part-time student during the last term before graduating (during the fall semester and full time during the winter semester) and with my application, I've submitted a letter from my university explaining that I was only a part-time student during the fall term because the courses I needed in order to graduate were only offered in the winter. Will I be in trouble?
I was in exactly same situation as you. Please attach LOE with your PGWP application. If you can get some explanation letter from your faculty, that is better. I got 3 years of PGWP with that!

Reactions: droolphase