+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Great news! I'm still waiting since October 15.... don't know what happened to my application
I emailed both the portal and the prairiesportal. Maybe that did the trick. I am not sure though because nobody replied to our emails. I and my spouse both emailed them at night, and the next morning, we got our eCoPR emails.

kbigelow

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, we have had our PR application approved and decision has been made for about a month now. I was kind of expecting our first portal email to follow shortly after... Or does it sometimes seem to take a bit of time to receive?

Siraj22

Jun 10, 2021
Hello, we have had our PR application approved and decision has been made for about a month now. I was kind of expecting our first portal email to follow shortly after... Or does it sometimes seem to take a bit of time to receive?
I had mine approved in July still waiting no portal email

klein

Oct 6, 2009
it took over 50 days for me, and I only got it after I emailed them first (see page 21)

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Okay awesome, I saw that but wasnt sure if it was the very first email. I will email that address asap.. Thanks!!
FYI when you email the Portal nowadays you get an automated response back, so I'm not sure if they actually still read these. Either way it's worth a try. Good luck!

klein

Oct 6, 2009
@klein did you get email where it says “Congratulations your application was approved please reply with the details” ….

Cuz I never got an email from their email address other than thru their do-not-reply automatic email: Subject “PR Portal - New Case Created Under Your Account | Portail de résidence permanente – Nouveau dossier créé dans votre compte”.

Anyone else in same situation? Who never got email thru PR portal email address but has confirmation tab under PR confirmation portal?

I never received an email asking me for details or telling me I was approved. I could see Decision Made in ecas for about 50 days or so, IRCC call centre agent confirmed everything was approved/passed, but I didn't receive any email from the Portal telling me I was approved or asking for info.

I sent my info to them proactively after I found a copy of the 1st email online, including what info they ask for and in what format. I copy pasted that into a brand new email and filled in all my info, explained that I hadn't received any communication about confirming my status even though my application had been approved for nearly 2 months, and a few days later they sent me credentials straight away, followed by eCoPR less than a day later.

It's been 5 weeks now since I received my eCoPR and no news at all about my PR Card. I got my eCoPR on October 12th, and it annoys me that there are people who got it as late as November 7th and their PR cards have already been approved and mailed. It's seriously frustrating. Another member here got his eCoPR one day before me and received his card nearly 3 weeks ago. I don't get it. I've tried emailing several times, calling, but so far no luck.

• Sad
Reactions: nehg

Eric P

May 8, 2021
I never received an email asking me for details or telling me I was approved. I could see Decision Made in ecas for about 50 days or so, IRCC call centre agent confirmed everything was approved/passed, but I didn't receive any email from the Portal telling me I was approved or asking for info.

I sent my info to them proactively after I found a copy of the 1st email online, including what info they ask for and in what format. I copy pasted that into a brand new email and filled in all my info, explained that I hadn't received any communication about confirming my status even though my application had been approved for nearly 2 months, and a few days later they sent me credentials straight away, followed by eCoPR less than a day later.

It's been 5 weeks now since I received my eCoPR and no news at all about my PR Card. I got my eCoPR on October 12th, and it annoys me that there are people who got it as late as November 7th and their PR cards have already been approved and mailed. It's seriously frustrating. Another member here got his eCoPR one day before me and received his card nearly 3 weeks ago. I don't get it. I've tried emailing several times, calling, but so far no luck.
Yes, very frustrated here as well.
My application was approved on July 15, 4 month ago.
I got the portal login on Nov 5 after sent follow up threes emails and submitted everything on the same day
I am still waiting for the eCopr. :mad: I sent follow up email everyday and still no eCopr.

• Sad
Reactions: klein

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
Yes, very frustrated here as well.
My application was approved on July 15, 4 month ago.
I got the portal login on Nov 5 after sent follow up threes emails and submitted everything on the same day
I am still waiting for the eCopr. :mad: I sent follow up email everyday and still no eCopr.
Are you sending email to IRCC portal email address?

If yes, then do you get auto-reply like below?

I'm worried because I got PR portal (just like you by emailing to IRCC portal email) and submitted address/photo but now I get auto-reply when I try to follow-up. That I am not invited to the PR portal whereas I have access to the PR portal.

***Le français suit***
***Please note that this is an automated message. Do not reply.***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC.

For more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

If you receive an invitation to use the portal, instructions will be included.

Have questions?

Find answers in the Help Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html or by contacting our Client Support Centre by completing the Web Form or dialing 1-888-242-2100, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

***Veuillez noter que le suivant est un message automatisé. Ne pas répondre. ***

Merci d’avoir pris contact avec nous.

Cette adresse courriel est réservée aux clients invités par IRCC à utiliser le Portail de résidence permanent (RP) pour être confirmé comme résident permanent. Vous devez recevoir une invitation d’IRCC pour qu’un compte soit créé pour vous dans le Portail de RP.

Aucune réponse ne sera fournie aux demandes de mises à jour ou de suivis si vous n’avez pas reçu d’invitation d’IRCC.

Pour plus d’information sur le Portail de RP, veuillez consulter notre site Web : https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/services/immigrer-canada/portail-confirmation-rp.html

Si vous recevez une invitation à utiliser le portail, des instructions vous seront fournies.

Vous avez des questions?

Trouvez des réponses à vos questions dans le Centre d’aide https://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/centre-aide/index-en-vedette-can.asp ou en contactant le Centre de soutien à la clientèle en complétant le Formulaire Web ou en appelant au 1-888-242-2100 du lundi au vendredi de 8h à 16h.

Merci,

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Are you sending email to IRCC portal email address?

If yes, then do you get auto-reply like below?

I'm worried because I got PR portal (just like you by emailing to IRCC portal email) and submitted address/photo but now I get auto-reply when I try to follow-up. That I am not invited to the PR portal whereas I have access to the PR portal.
Yes they started with auto-replies a week ago or so, probably because they were getting flooded with follow-up requests and it was affecting their ability to process cases. Don’t worry…if the Portal says “in review with IRCC” they will see it and eventually review it, but as everything else with IRCC you should expect that you will have to be very patient

Reactions: nehg