+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks. I sent an email to IRCC portal you mentioned and received reply asking to submit all members info they generally ask in 1st email. I did and got portal credentials email right away. Thanks a lot for great tip. It really works.
How long after you sent the email did you the get the first response?

paramgill

Apr 17, 2021
Thanks. I sent an email to IRCC portal you mentioned and received reply asking to submit all members info they generally ask in 1st email. I did and got portal credentials email right away. Thanks a lot for great tip. It really works.
Hi , I am new to this group and waiting for P1 since 3 weeks . Could you please advise which email are you guys talking about.

Fershta

Dec 4, 2023
Hi, I submitted my case one week ago to the IRCC and I received an automated reply about from them. How long they will take to review my documents.
thank you

Sheikh ahsan

Jul 12, 2022
I have a question I have spousal sponsorship in the ecas they make already dession and I have copr number reflected in the portal but they not sent me ant dession copr letter and portal 1 what I can do

Deepakc

Mar 4, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of desperate right now, it's been more than 50 days since my application was approved (June 30th), and according to my GCMS it's also been transferred to my local VO (Hamilton), BUT: No portal email so far :mad:

I know I'm not the only one, @eddieeeeeelyx is in an even worse situation.

I've noticed that it's not quite common for applicants to wait that long just for the first portal email. Generally, the longest wait after the approval seems to be for the credentials email, and the next steps...

1. My local MP has asked for a status update from IRCC, and of course, their answer is completely useless, they just repeated what I already knew, without addressing my concern.
2. I've sent an email to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca asking if there was a technical issue, still waiting for an answer.
3. I've raised a web form today, asking for clarification, and I don't expect an answer before next week.
4. The cic.gc.ca domain is whitelisted in my email client, and I have received every communication so far, so there is no possibility that it went to the spam folder.

Is there anything that I can do? It really seems odd, like if my application was lost/forgotten somewhere. Would hiring a lawyer help?
Has anyone here had to wait for a longer than normal time to get the first portal email after approval?

I just don't know how much I should wait before trying to do something other than contacting them and getting their bs answers every time.

Deepakc

Mar 4, 2024
I have a question I have spousal sponsorship in the ecas they make already dession and I have copr number reflected in the portal but they not sent me ant dession copr letter and portal 1 what I can do
Hey I am in same situation, how long did it take them to send the email?