+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1560 hours Or 1 YEAR MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey there, I have a question and would be very grateful for some advice.

My visa ends this year on October 13th. I started working a part time job October 22nd 2016 (14hrs a week) and am still working there.
Also at the start of November 2016 I started working a full time job (35 hrs a week.)

Although my full time job falls short of 1 year worked. Would I also be able to use my part time work for extra credit (works out to roughly 6 months.)

Thank you
1. No, you can't "stack" the hours from 2 or more jobs to equal a year for CEC.

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As per Kuwait labour force rules, the working hours is 48 Hours per week. this is around 2500 yearly.
Can I claim this amount of working hours or it not possible ?

7raj

Dec 4, 2016
Hi Folks
I am a temporary foreign worker currently employed in NOC O in Canada.
My questions are as below
1.how many weeks I can take off within a year and still considered as full year as per their requirement.i.e.holidays( not weekly off)
2.does my NOC be in the same line as per my previous experience?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per Kuwait labour force rules, the working hours is 48 Hours per week. this is around 2500 yearly.
You cannot claim more than 30 hours per week.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks
I am a temporary foreign worker currently employed in NOC O in Canada.
My questions are as below
1.how many weeks I can take off within a year and still considered as full year as per their requirement.i.e.holidays( not weekly off)
2.does my NOC be in the same line as per my previous experience?

Thanks
1 - "An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (i.e., work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

2 - No.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hey there, I have a question and would be very grateful for some advice.

My visa ends this year on October 13th. I started working a part time job October 22nd 2016 (14hrs a week) and am still working there.
Also at the start of November 2016 I started working a full time job (35 hrs a week.)

Although my full time job falls short of 1 year worked. Would I also be able to use my part time work for extra credit (works out to roughly 6 months.)
Theoretically, you could use the PT work experience from before you started the FT job - add hours, divide by 30 - that will give you the number of full-time equivalent weeks. However, given that it looks to be less than two weeks before you started your full-time job, it will not be of much benefit.

Once you work 30 or more hours per week, it is simply "full-time", even if it is from two or more jobs. And you need one year of full-time work to qualify. You cannot reduce the one year requirement by working more hours (nor indeed, more jobs).

This used to be spelled out more clearly in the CEC program instructions, but now you have to go to the ministerial instructions to find it - you have to go down to the Canadian Work Experience section (15(3)-15(6)).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Full-time work
(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Work in excess
(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it's still just one year of work experience. It doesn't matter how many extra hours you work.

Jul 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Hey there, what about if you started out in a job role, part time (20 hours a week) but then got promoted to full time (40+ hours a week.) As it stands after 1 year with the company, I will have received over 1560 hours. However that is including 2.5 months of part time + 9.5 months of full time. Will there be any way for CIC to tell? I don't have the option of working an extra 2.5 months full time as I'm already cutting my iec expiration rather fine. Will really appreciate any feedback I receive.
Thank you :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there, what about if you started out in a job role, part time (20 hours a week) but then got promoted to full time (40+ hours a week.) As it stands after 1 year with the company, I will have received over 1560 hours. However that is including 2.5 months of part time + 9.5 months of full time. Will there be any way for CIC to tell? I don't have the option of working an extra 2.5 months full time as I'm already cutting my iec expiration rather fine. Will really appreciate any feedback I receive.
Thank you :)
Create two different entries, one for the part-time experience and the other for the full-time one.

Jul 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Create two different entries, one for the part-time experience and the other for the full-time one.
I'm guaranteed not to be accepted if I apply for 2 streams. As my part time would only accumulate to 1.8ish months and my full time would be 9.5 months (apparently extra hours aren't counted.) However, if I do decide to apply, my start date of employment, money earned and salary, will all back up my CEC application.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm guaranteed not to be accepted if I apply for 2 streams. As my part time would only accumulate to 1.8ish months and my full time would be 9.5 months (apparently extra hours aren't counted.) However, if I do decide to apply, my start date of employment, money earned and salary, will all back up my CEC application.
I never said to apply under 2 streams.

I said to create two entries in the work history section to make a distinction between the part-time and full-time work experience.

Jul 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
I never said to apply under 2 streams.

I said to create two entries in the work history section to make a distinction between the part-time and full-time work experience.
Sorry, I misunderstood your reply. Thank you for your reply though!

Do you think my application would have a chance of being accepted?

I mean 1 year of work with the same company, total of 1560 hrs... It's just a technicality. Ahhh this stuff is so frustrating.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have 9.5 months of full-time experience and 1.8 months of the full-time equivalent of your part-time experience then no, you are not eligible under the CEC program.

Jul 17, 2017
Toronto
Category........
If you have 9.5 months of full-time experience and 1.8 months of the full-time equivalent of your part-time experience then no, you are not eligible under the CEC program.
Yes i know that, but I will have 12 months and more than 1560 hours so i think i should be fine. also, half of those 'part time' weeks were 30+ hours (I'm a chef, was covering shifts.)