+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1560 hours Or 1 YEAR MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE

rohitoarxl

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
87
3
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
NOC Code......
2171 AND 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
25-02-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
hi All:

I just noticed that the work experience requirement has been changed to 30hr/week which works out to 1560 hrs for the year..so If i did accumulate the 1560 hours in less than a year ..can i still apply under CEC right away or do i have to wait for a whole year and then proceed?

cheers
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
61,144
7,898
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rohitoarxl said:
so If i did accumulate the 1560 hours in less than a year ..can i still apply under CEC right away
Nope - you need to wait until you have a whole year.
 

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
1,366
13
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
3233
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
rohitoarxl said:
hi All:

I just noticed that the work experience requirement has been changed to 30hr/week which works out to 1560 hrs for the year..so If i did accumulate the 1560 hours in less than a year ..can i still apply under CEC right away or do i have to wait for a whole year and then proceed?

cheers
where do u get this information on work experience changed to 30hrs/week???
 

CEC2013

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2012
866
45
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
ujbaby said:
where do u get this information on work experience changed to 30hrs/week???
It right on the main website! You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
 

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
4,063
455
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0631
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitoarxl said:
hi All:

I just noticed that the work experience requirement has been changed to 30hr/week which works out to 1560 hrs for the year..so If i did accumulate the 1560 hours in less than a year ..can i still apply under CEC right away or do i have to wait for a whole year and then proceed?

cheers
it's not 1560 hours or 1-yr of experience. it's 1560 hours AND 1-yr of experience. so you need to wait until you've worked for 12 months to apply
 

sksr

Member
Dec 24, 2012
10
0
As I had started one more post earlier, I have 2 weeks short for one year and worked almost 45hours/week, someone had applied previously who has 10 days short and her PR got approved.
 

CEC2013

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2012
866
45
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
sksr said:
As I had started one more post earlier, I have 2 weeks short for one year and worked almost 45hours/week, someone had applied previously who has 10 days short and her PR got approved.
Maybe so sksr, but the rule states "You must have at least 12 months of full-time (1560 hrs), or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week". Some maybe lucky enough to have gotten approved, but it may not be the case for others. Better safe than sorry.

Like we said: 12 months and 1560 hours.
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
11,866
1,254
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sksr said:
As I had started one more post earlier, I have 2 weeks short for one year and worked almost 45hours/week, someone had applied previously who has 10 days short and her PR got approved.
That someone got lucky, but you can't count on it. It should be a minimum of 12 months of work.

On the other hand, if you have no other options and are willing to risk the application fee, there's nothing stopping you from trying.
 

jxh89

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
94
1
Category........
NOC Code......
6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-07-2013
Med's Request
01-02-2014
CEC2013 said:
Maybe so sksr, but the rule states "You must have at least 12 months of full-time (1560 hrs), or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week". Some maybe lucky enough to have gotten approved, but it may not be the case for others. Better safe than sorry.

Like we said: 12 months and 1560 hours.

Is that for Intetnational students or Foreigen workers?
 

CEC2013

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2012
866
45
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jxh89 said:
Is that for Intetnational students or Foreigen workers?
I was speaking for the worker stream, as I don't believe the rules for graduates have changed (yet).
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
11,866
1,254
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
There is no longer a "post-graduate stream" or "foreign workers stream", there is only one set of requirements.
 

CEC2013

Hero Member
Dec 8, 2012
866
45
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jes_ON said:
There is no longer a "post-graduate stream" or "foreign workers stream", there is only one set of requirements.
Just noticed that as well! Brilliant...no more confusion. Thanks for pointing it out jes_ON.
 

rohitoarxl

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
87
3
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
NOC Code......
2171 AND 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
25-02-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
thanks for the replies! will wait till may and apply then!
 
Nov 17, 2016
10
0
Sorry to drag this up again, but I had a follow-up question.

Given that it says 12 Months = 1560 hours, therefore 24 Months = 3120 hours. If I have 1Y10M experience with 4,188 hours, does this count? What if I had 1Y11M30D (1 day short of 2 years) and 4,478 hours? This should equal to 34.4 months based on the CIC requirements.

Any guidance on this?
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
61,144
7,898
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
friendtoukrainians said:
Sorry to drag this up again, but I had a follow-up question.

Given that it says 12 Months = 1560 hours, therefore 24 Months = 3120 hours. If I have 1Y10M experience with 4,188 hours, does this count? What if I had 1Y11M30D (1 day short of 2 years) and 4,478 hours? This should equal to 34.4 months based on the CIC requirements.

Any guidance on this?
1 year 10 month is 1 year.

1 year 11 months and 30 days can be counted as 2 years.

Regardless whether you work 30 or 90 hours in a week - it's still only counted as one week and you need 52 weeks of experience to make 1 year. You can't carry extra hours over to make another week.
 
  • Like
Reactions: urvish29