+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15+ months

mm8995

Apr 23, 2019
Hi ,
I have been reading your post, and I am in exactly the same situation, I have done the test and got DM in November 2018 and still waiting for oath, the intervention of my MP resulted in a response saying this is a complex case, I have requested the ATIP notes and it shows the officer notes stating that all checks has been passed and no further concern, the file is tagged ceremony ready but yet one of those who answered about an inquiry on the status of my file after passing 12 months in the case processing centre did write that the 12 months time frame is not always relevant and this is a complex claim. I am in Mississauga and my file is in Scarborough.
There are lot of question marks, and it seems that no one can answer them. If the level two officer stating that the full file has been checked, and no further concerns, is there another check stage after that?
What is holding them to schedule my oath?
Is the case qualifying to file a writ of mandamus should I go chaise my case with a lawyer?

Really really frustrating.
my MP told me that Scarborough office is moving its location..so maybe theyre using this response as Jayson said to brush us off till they get it together...I dont even have DM yet..I have requested ATIP last week...What is the criteria of a complex case? I have not seen it anywhere unless complex=non routine (which does not apply to me) at least from what is on the website..:(

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
my MP told me that Scarborough office is moving its location..so maybe theyre using this response as Jayson said to brush us off till they get it together...I dont even have DM yet..I have requested ATIP last week...What is the criteria of a complex case? I have not seen it anywhere unless complex=non routine (which does not apply to me) at least from what is on the website..:(
Does your GUT tell you that your is a complex case?
Stop worrying! You’d be done with everything if you just forget about these excuses..

Reactions: YZ khan

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi ,
I have been reading your post, and I am in exactly the same situation, I have done the test and got DM in November 2018 and still waiting for oath, the intervention of my MP resulted in a response saying this is a complex case, I have requested the ATIP notes and it shows the officer notes stating that all checks has been passed and no further concern, the file is tagged ceremony ready but yet one of those who answered about an inquiry on the status of my file after passing 12 months in the case processing centre did write that the 12 months time frame is not always relevant and this is a complex claim. I am in Mississauga and my file is in Scarborough.
There are lot of question marks, and it seems that no one can answer them. If the level two officer stating that the full file has been checked, and no further concerns, is there another check stage after that?
What is holding them to schedule my oath?
Is the case qualifying to file a writ of mandamus should I go chaise my case with a lawyer?

Really really frustrating.
Would you go out and Party, if I say that your case is not complexed!!

In and around my neighbourhood, 2 to 3 applicants got such responses from the same MPs constituency office. I am hoping that, I have guessed who’s your MP.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello Everyone,

So I am an October 2017 applicant and after 17+ months of waiting, I am pleased to say that I finally got my test invite in my email this afternoon. I am sharing this to give hope for everyone else in the same boat.
that’s AWESOME! You must live again!!

Reactions: Ramik

mm8995

Apr 23, 2019
Any luck with anyone waiting this long for DM and oath...close to hitting my 1 year test mark...what more verifications can they be doing

mm8995

Apr 23, 2019
Im still waiting for DM and oath, in few days it would be a year since my test...will I ever get it...

YZ khan

Mar 28, 2012
Folks exactly a year since i had applied for the citizenship,
may 17 2018 (application recieved)
May 23 2019 (email recieved for test)
June 6 2019 (test passed)
June 7 2019 (oath Ceremony)

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Its been a very long wait...for DM and oath..hopefully soon I will hear something...
I passed the test February 2018 , almost 16 months ago , still in process. Base on my GCMS note all steps has been passed a few months ago . But nothing changed . I call them , send the letter , send the webform , my MP call them and email them .still nothing changed . No decision made , no oath . sometime it is usuall ,depends on who's the officer.

Last edited:

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
I passed the test February 2018 , almost 16 months ago , still in process. Base on my GCMS note all steps has been passed a few months ago . But nothing changed . I call them , send the letter , send the webform , my MP call them and email them .still nothing changed . No decision made , no oath . sometime it is usuall ,depends on who's the officer.
Hire an immigration lawyer.

I just spoke with mine and he is sending the first letter to IRCC. We will file for FC mandamus if nothing is done till February 2020.

Reactions: Mehran1

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hire an immigration lawyer.

I just spoke with mine and he is sending the first letter to IRCC. We will file for FC mandamus if nothing is done till February 2020.
I have a lawyer . He was from beginning. He followed a lot too . He said because all steps has been done no need to worry , Just you wasnt lucky about the officer who are working on your case .

mm8995

Apr 23, 2019
I would like to tell everyone I finally became a citizen 24 months later. Wishing everyone with a long wait to have their applications finalized! Mine took 24 months since I was non-routine, hope if youre waiting to get the good news soon! Stay hopeful!

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I would like to tell everyone I finally became a citizen 24 months later. Wishing everyone with a long wait to have their applications finalized! Mine took 24 months since I was non-routine, hope if youre waiting to get the good news soon! Stay hopeful!
Congrats! If you don't mind, may I ask what was the complication in your file? Thanks