+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

15+ months

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
They told me they were doing further verifications..did not tell me why they just said because I was non-routine..then they asked me for finger prints..once those verifications were over the officer tagged my application as decision made..they marked it as DM and scheduled me for oath they day the rec’d my FP..long wait for DM which was early december but came with the oath together
OK. Thanks for your reply. Again, many many congratulations. Took really really long. Have fun now :)

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020

Application Received: November 5, 2018
Test Date: November 18, 2019 Passed 20/20

January 22, 2020 : My status is (In process) NO DM / NO OATH INVITATION

MORE THAN 14 MONTHS AND I AM STILL WAITING !!

What should I do ?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014

What should I do ?

My wife and children applied in Mississauga in Oct 2018. Test was on Dec 11, 2019. Oath on Jan 29, 2020. I heard it from many people on and outside this forum that Mississauga is notorious for long lead times, sometimes even unto 18 months. Going by my family's example, you could be getting it soon. I applied in April 2019. File became IP in Aug 2019. So I have a long way to go :)

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
My wife and children applied in Mississauga in Oct 2018. Test was on Dec 11, 2019. Oath on Jan 29, 2020. I heard it from many people on and outside this forum that Mississauga is notorious for long lead times, sometimes even unto 18 months. Going by my family's example, you could be getting it soon. I applied in April 2019. File became IP in Aug 2019. So I have a long way to go :)
Oh god ! Welcome to Mississauga !

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016

What should I do ?
The best you can do is to conduct some follow-ups to figure out what is the reason for hold-up (you can email IRCC. ATIP notes from IRCC could also help except to clarify the security checks which you can call them in this case to clarify. You can seek help from your regional MP as well). You can carefully check your ATIP notes to see if there are some officers notes or any update since last time you have checked. If all the checks are done, then you are good and you should wait to hear from them soon. If certain checks are pending such as residency or etc. or if your case is non routine then it could take several months. I suggest to also check the spreadsheets on this forum to get some idea on the length of time that people are waiting in your region. In any case, except only a few cases, whose case took more than 2 years, the rest were completed within 2 years.

Reactions: bluesami

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Just curious. Are you guys applying for Citizenship after completion of 1095 days on a PR obtained via the Express Entry / CEC or are received refugee status before getting a PR holders ?

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
The best you can do is to conduct some follow-ups to figure out what is the reason for hold-up (you can email IRCC. ATIP notes from IRCC could also help except to clarify the security checks which you can call them in this case to clarify. You can seek help from your regional MP as well). You can carefully check your ATIP notes to see if there are some officers notes or any update since last time you have checked. If all the checks are done, then you are good and you should wait to hear from them soon. If certain checks are pending such as residency or etc. or if your case is non routine then it could take several months. I suggest to also check the spreadsheets on this forum to get some idea on the length of time that people are waiting in your region. In any case, except only a few cases, whose case took more than 2 years, the rest were completed within 2 years.
Thank you :)

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
I called them today and they told me that residency check in process:(

Am I going to wait till November 2020 ??

Last edited:

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
I called them today and they told me that residency check in process:(

Am I going to wait till November 2020 ??
No, not necessarily. Although, generally it is not a good feeling to be waiting a long time, the residency checks are not normally any cause to be worried (of course if you have met all the requirements and if you have not received any RQs ?). In case of an RQ, there might be some delay but if this is not the case, most probably, the office handling your case is busier than normal. In therms of follow ups, I think it is better to write an email to them.
If you call them again, you could try to ask the agent that if it is possible to send a reminder email to the concerning office because you have passed the one-year normal processing time. There is no guarantee that they will do that, but I have heard from some other members that in some cases they will do that.

I hope they will deal with your case as soon as possible.

Reactions: bluesami