+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit London visa office or online application from uk

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gbu,
Not really, I know people who received it in 8 weeks, some in 4, and I received it in 13. So there is no certain time frames.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
hi Doda,
You received your passport request on 18.07. Hopefully you sent your pp next day 19.07 and CHC will stamp visa on your passport.
My question is, how many days they (CHC London) could take to issue visa stamp on your pp?
(Select the best answer)
A. -They usually issue visa and send to the recipient right after receiving pp (same day). or
B. -They usually issue visa and send to the recipient at next available working day after receiving pp (next day). or
C. -After a week. or
D. -It could take several week.
E. -I will tell when i receive my pp from CHC London.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gbu,

I sent my passport the same day I received my passport request, on the 18th, was received by CHC London on the 19th, and still it hasn't returned yet. From what I know from other people, it took them 8 week days (weekend included) to received their passports. So I'm hoping I will receive it on the 26th. BTW, received my LOI on the 22nd via mycic.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Thanks Doda, It seems quit logical that they received your pp on Friday (19.07) and issue your visa on next working day or Monday (22.07) as you got your LOI on that day through MyCIC.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey gbu,

What are you applying for? work or study?

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Thanks Doda, I applied for work permit with labour market opinion (LMO). Did you pay the postal fees of your self-addressed return envelope by yourself in advance, which the embassy will use for returning your passport? or you just enclosed a self-addressed envelop and embassy will pay the postal charges?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gbu,

No, I paid for both special delivery packages to and from the embassy.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
My address is outside UK. I can not use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelop. So what could be my best option? any idea? any suggestion?

As I found this information in CHC London website:
"Please ensure that you include a self-addressed envelope (at least 8" x 6") that we can use to return your passport. If your return address is within the UK, use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope as your return envelope. We do not return documents by courier."

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you have to use an airmail return envelope from your countries post service.

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
gbu said:
Hi maz162,
Did you got your study permit already?
Nothing. I've been waiting 12 weeks exactly since I applied online. I also emailed at week 10 and I've had no response.

I was supposed to fly out at the end of this week but I don't see that happening now.

:(

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
lucky17 said:
It was last July 05, 2013..
Yes it was 8-10weeks from the date, thanks to you.. Hopefully in God's time i really pray for the approval soon..
Thanks for your response..
Hi Lucky17, have you received your work permit yet?
Thanks
Rosey :)

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
gbu said:
Hi maz162,
Did you got your study permit already?
Hi gbu

Got my permit approvals today, so London is working. I also sent an Urgent email to them yesterday explaining that I needed to make University housing decisions by the end of today so that might have helped, not sure.

Good Luck