+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit London visa office or online application from uk

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rosey...
Nothing yet, and frustrated... Just sent them a case specific inquire, and no answer yet... The CHC London twitter account (@CanadianUk) are saying that everything is working as normal, while the PAFSO Facebook account are saying otherwise, and this strike may extend to September. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Doda said:
Hi rosey...
Nothing yet, and frustrated... Just sent them a case specific inquire, and no answer yet... The CHC London twitter account ( @ CanadianUk) are saying that everything is working as normal, while the PAFSO Facebook account are saying otherwise, and this strike may extend to September. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.
I can imagine the frustration! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Are you in the UK? Do you think it is a good idea to personally go to the embassy in London to enquire? Maybe it'll help speed the process up?

I don't understand why a TRV takes a week and a TRV + FWP takes 8 - 10 weeks? Surely there can't be *THAT* much of a difference in terms of the checks they have to do?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosey...

Yes I'm in the UK.. both FWP and Student visas are handled by the Non-Immigrant section of the consulate, and really no idea why will such a visa will take 8-10 weeks to process... Even so, I'm overdue by 2.5 weeks now!!! I might go to the consulate in the end, but I'm leaving this as a last option, I live away from London.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey maz,

Yes, alhamdolellah, received my Passport request yesterday. Sit tight my friend, I'm so how sure that if your application has passed the application average time frame, then inshallah your accepted. Work is very slow at London CHC, and I received a answer for my case specific inquiry I made stating the applications are late due to many reasons which includes external forces !!!!

lucky17

Apr 21, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 05, 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 05, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
waiting..
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon..
LANDED..........
In God's Time..
rosey1111 said:
OMG! This worries me :'(
I have a non-UK passport but the person assisting me from VFS said he only wanted a copy. In fact, I even asked him twice that do you not want the passport and he said no...just the copy.
And the application has been sent to canadian embassy as I got a text and email alert. I am really worried now. What should I do?
Hi, i would like to share some info because i also had applied for a temporary work permit under LCP, thru VAC in Londo, im in Norway, they had new rules now since the application is sent through VAC and VAC will forward it to Canadian visa office in London, it says on the new procedures that for initial submission of requirements they only need the photocopy of your passport and they will inform you if they need the original passport, if you got your tracking number from them you can monitor the status of your application via that "tract your application online" in their site also. i hope it helps you not to worry.. :D

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
lucky17 said:
Hi, i would like to share some info because i also had applied for a temporary work permit under LCP, thru VAC in Londo, im in Norway, they had new rules now since the application is sent through VAC and VAC will forward it to Canadian visa office in London, it says on the new procedures that for initial submission of requirements they only need the photocopy of your passport and they will inform you if they need the original passport, if you got your tracking number from them you can monitor the status of your application via that "tract your application online" in their site also. i hope it helps you not to worry.. :D
Thank you lucky17 :)
What was your timeline like?

lucky17

Apr 21, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 05, 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 05, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
waiting..
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon..
LANDED..........
In God's Time..
Hi there,

I applied for TWP last June 2013, the application was already sent thru CVAC, they just give me the unique tracking number, i saw your post a while ago because i've been checking & finding on some post related to my situation.. do you belong to skilled workers applying for work permit?

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
lucky17 said:
Hi there,

I applied for TWP last June 2013, the application was already sent thru CVAC, they just give me the unique tracking number, i saw your post a while ago because i've been checking & finding on some post related to my situation.. do you belong to skilled workers applying for work permit?
Hi again, yes I have also applied for TWP. So you haven't received a response yet?

lucky17

Apr 21, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 05, 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 05, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
waiting..
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon..
LANDED..........
In God's Time..
rosey1111 said:
Hi again, yes I have also applied for TWP. So you haven't received a response yet?
Hello rosey,

Right after the VAC received my application they had emailed me confirming that they have received my application thru post, after a while they called me to get the payment on the visa fee and right after that i received several emails confirming that my application had started to process, they gave me a unique tracking number which i can use to track and check the status of my application online, and also CIC London had sent me an email that my application was accepted and attached in that email the tracking number, it was also included on the email that my application takes about 8-10weeks to process. Are you applying under the Live in caregiver program also?

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
lucky17 said:
Hello rosey,

Right after the VAC received my application they had emailed me confirming that they have received my application thru post, after a while they called me to get the payment on the visa fee and right after that i received several emails confirming that my application had started to process, they gave me a unique tracking number which i can use to track and check the status of my application online, and also CIC London had sent me an email that my application was accepted and attached in that email the tracking number, it was also included on the email that my application takes about 8-10weeks to process. Are you applying under the Live in caregiver program also?
Hi, no I'm not applying for live in caregiver. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, please do update us regarding your timeline. What was the date you received the email from CIC saying your application has been accepted? Because I think processing time is 8 - 10 weeks from that date.

lucky17

Apr 21, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 05, 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 05, 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
waiting..
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon..
LANDED..........
In God's Time..
rosey1111 said:
Hi, no I'm not applying for live in caregiver. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, please do update us regarding your timeline. What was the date you received the email from CIC saying your application has been accepted? Because I think processing time is 8 - 10 weeks from that date.
It was last July 05, 2013..
Yes it was 8-10weeks from the date, thanks to you.. Hopefully in God's time i really pray for the approval soon..
Thanks for your response..

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Doda said:
Hey maz,

Yes, alhamdolellah, received my Passport request yesterday. Sit tight my friend, I'm so how sure that if your application has passed the application average time frame, then inshallah your accepted. Work is very slow at London CHC, and I received a answer for my case specific inquiry I made stating the applications are late due to many reasons which includes external forces !!!!

Congratulations Doda, happy for you :) can you share with us what exactly you applied for?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosey1111 said:
Congratulations Doda, happy for you :) can you share with us what exactly you applied for?
Hi Rosey,

Thank you, I applied for a student permit to go persue my PhD at McGill University. It took them 12 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, and 45 mins to respond to my application. ;D

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Dr. Dodda, do you have any idea, how long they usually take to issue visa after approval?