+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit London visa office or online application from uk

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi, could any one share her/his experience with me who recently applied work permit in visa office London or online from uk. I applied for work permit through vfs London and I was told it will two months to process the application.
My employer wants me be in canada 1st week of july and start the job next. I am really worrying about the processing time....
Could any one reply me and share the experience that will be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
Hi,

I applied for my Study Permit and my partners work permit on 7th May online from UK. Still not heard anything and I'm about to hit the 8 weeks mark.

Doesn't look good at the minute.

Have you had anything back?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maz162 said:
Hi,

I applied for my Study Permit and my partners work permit on 7th May online from UK. Still not heard anything and I'm about to hit the 8 weeks mark.

Doesn't look good at the minute.

Have you had anything back?
You realize that VOs are on strike at London, so you can ignore the 8 weeks processing time.

"
Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
Yes I'm aware and from others I've spoken to they're processing in about 12 weeks at this point.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
qxoil said:
Hi, could any one share her/his experience with me who recently applied work permit in visa office London or online from uk. I applied for work permit through vfs London and I was told it will two months to process the application.
My employer wants me be in canada 1st week of july and start the job next. I am really worrying about the processing time....
Could any one reply me and share the experience that will be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt
I also applied for my work permit via VFS in London. Did they take your passport? They told me to keep my passport and only took a copy.
Thanks
Rosey :)

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
no u have to apply with ur valid passport unless if u r non visa national like british citizen , that case they just need a copy of ur passport.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
OMG! This worries me :'(
I have a non-UK passport but the person assisting me from VFS said he only wanted a copy. In fact, I even asked him twice that do you not want the passport and he said no...just the copy.
And the application has been sent to canadian embassy as I got a text and email alert. I am really worried now. What should I do?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're from a visa waiver country (like me) copy of passport is all you need. I'm not in UK but UK CHC handles my country. I'm waiting for a study permit. I didn't know about the strike until I applied last week. I'm stumped. College starts sep 3. I hope I get it in time.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I'm starting my 12th.... yes my 12th week... 78 days now waiting for my student permit and no response.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied online on the 25th of April. And you maz162? and which program are you applying upon?

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
I applied May 7th. Heading to UBC to start my MSc. Was planning on heading over for the beginning of August to do a month in my supervisors lab as a research assistant but am worried the permit won't arrive in time.

I expected it to be delayed but not by several weeks - hopefully you get yours soon!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You too... I hope you get yours soon as well.. Keep me posted