+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit applications in CHC London - 2013

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
As per my knowledge, ur job profile is quite high. It wouldn't be any problem. ( inshallah )all the best.

Babe1234

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all,

My husband and i applied for a work permit at the CHC London, since the 3rd of April. we asked for an update in May and we were told that it is undergoing final review. Today it is 12weeks and yesterday we got a mail which said your file is still under review. I guess they are just slow at the London CHC office and do not honour the time frame on their website which says 8-10weeks.

we are really frustrated because its just an intra company transfer, there should be no big deal.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hi,
Babe1234 said:
Hi all,

My husband and i applied for a work permit at the CHC London, since the 3rd of April. we asked for an update in May and we were told that it is undergoing final review. Today it is 12weeks and yesterday we got a mail which said your file is still under review. I guess they are just slow at the London CHC office and do not honour the time frame on their website which says 8-10weeks.

we are really frustrated because its just an intra company transfer, there should be no big deal.

hi there
i can imagin how frustrating it is for u guys... but i hope u will get ur visa decision this week.

Babe1234

Jun 26, 2013
qxoil said:
hi,

hi there
i can imagin how frustrating it is for u guys... but i hope u will get ur visa decision this week.

Hey,
Good news. We just got an email that our WP has been approved and our passports have been sent. I am sure you all will get yours soon. They are working at least.

Good luck to you all.

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
Babe1234 said:
Hey,
Good news. We just got an email that our WP has been approved and our passports have been sent. I am sure you all will get yours soon. They are working at least.

Good luck to you all.
Congratulations Babe1234!!!!!

what did you apply for? TWP and SOWP?

My solicitor contacted the CHC London yesterday and got a reply saying my application is in ''active process'' and i should hear from them in a week or 2.

from your timeline and the confirmation from my solicitor its looking like the current duration is 12 weeks and not 8- 10 weeks claimed on their website.

Babe1234

Jun 26, 2013
geordieninja said:
Congratulations Babe1234!!!!!

what did you apply for? TWP and SOWP?

My solicitor contacted the CHC London yesterday and got a reply saying my application is in ''active process'' and i should hear from them in a week or 2.

from your timeline and the confirmation from my solicitor its looking like the current duration is 12 weeks and not 8- 10 weeks claimed on their website.

Thanks a lot geordieninja. We are still in celebration mode. we applied for TWP, Yes i think the timeline is 12 weeks plus they have a lot of applications to work on.
You will get yours soon enough, now i can say that positively! Our solicitors were quite positive, they told us CHC would not hold on to our passports for that long (makes a lot of sense).

Will be saying a prayer for you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thank you qxoil for all the valuable info as well as support. Inshallah the rest of us would sail through as well.

Congrats Babe1234. It's good to hear about applicants for twp and owp from early april to have gotten through.

Do they require medical in London as a prerequisite for twp? If so, what is the time frame of medical call?

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
fkl said:
Thank you qxoil for all the valuable info as well as support. Inshallah the rest of us would sail through as well.

Congrats Babe1234. It's good to hear about applicants for twp and owp from early april to have gotten through.

Do they require medical in London as a prerequisite for twp? If so, what is the time frame of medical call?
Fkl u r welcome. Congrats bebe1234 that's a very good news. Aleast we know how long we have to wait.
Fkl there is not medical done for general work permit. But immigration and caregiver category u have to go through medical exam..

Babe1234

Jun 26, 2013
qxoil said:
Fkl u r welcome. Congrats bebe1234 that's a very good news. Aleast we know how long we have to wait.
Fkl there is not medical done for general work permit. But immigration and caregiver category u have to go through medical exam..
Hi,
Thanks all. I think there are some exceptions to requiring a medical. If you have lived in one of the African or Asian countries for more than 6months then you may require a medical. Double check this on the CIC page Fkl. Its better to be prepared, incomplete documentation will frustrate you all the more.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Babe1234 said:
Hi,
Thanks all. I think there are some exceptions to requiring a medical. If you have lived in one of the African or Asian countries for more than 6months then you may require a medical. Double check this on the CIC page Fkl. Its better to be prepared, incomplete documentation will frustrate you all the more.
Thanks Babe1234. It is certainly required in Asian countries and it is a prerequisite for me certainly. I was just trying to gauge that this timeline of yours include medical's processing or not, hence i asked for it. Here in general, you get a medical call and it roughly takes a month after wards for embassy to stamp visa after that. Usually medicals are called for ONLY when other processings are completed and after this there is a good chance of being given visa. Rejection after medical is usually only due to a flaw in medical, not otherwise.

Babe1234

Jun 26, 2013
fkl said:
Thanks Babe1234. It is certainly required in Asian countries and it is a prerequisite for me certainly. I was just trying to gauge that this timeline yours include medical's processing or not, hence i asked for it. Here in general, you get a medical call and it roughly takes a month after wards for embassy to stamp visa after that. Usually medicals are called for ONLY when other processings are completed and after this there is a good chance of being given visa. Rejection after medical is usually only due to a flaw in medical, not otherwise.
Hi Fkl,
We did not require a medical since we live in Norway. I guess the time frame will be a bit longer (more than 12weeks) when it involves medical.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hi guys,
my prospective company hired 5 people with diffirent nationalities, two of them got visa without any medical exam,they are indian national living in the uk. so i think there is not requirement for medical exam if you are living in the uk.
but they could ask for police cleanrance certificate from overseas if u have lived in the past five years

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
qxoil said:
hi guys,
my prospective company hired 5 people with diffirent nationalities, two of them got visa without any medical exam,they are indian national living in the uk. so i think there is not requirement for medical exam if you are living in the uk.
but they could ask for police cleanrance certificate from overseas if u have lived in the past five years
You will need a medical exam if you:

you have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months in certain countries ( see CIC website)in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.)

or

are coming to Canada to work in an occupation in which public health must be protected.
or
applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.
or
applying online under the International Experience Canada initiative.

I suggest you visit CIC website to be certain.

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
fkl said:
I applied at CIC islamabad, Pakistan for a temp work permit on April 24th. Still waiting to hear from the embassy. Official website says normal processing time is 16 weeks though last years record shows average of 9 months.

At least here, estimate for visit visa as well as student visa is much less i.e. 30 days for visit and 8 to 12 weeks for student visa.

And students are getting visas in time i.e. most of them have gotten medical calls in around a month's time on average. Online is certainly faster. The following gives you an idea.

http://goo.gl/55cjf

This is a list of student applications from CIC Islamabad, Pakistan. Most of them have gotten medical calls and a few have received visas too.

The reason i am joining in on this thread is, that i think temp work permits are delayed for several reasons in Canada e.g. the RBC (royal bank of canada) issue that is in the news
for hiring 45 temp workers to replace their employees. So at least we have a general idea of the speed of processing of temp worker visas.

My employer has been in touch with CIC via MP office and received a much similar feedback i.e. process is being delayed due to further scrutiny on account of media news about misuse of temp worker visas.

helllo brother!
i m Mohammed, cud u plz tell me hw u gt job in Canada whyl u r in Pak, evn m lukn fr job if u can share dat Vll b vry very helpful..
can u share, Hw to find jobs in Canada whyl u r in othr country?

thanx!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
imran1989 said:
helllo brother!
i m Mohammed, cud u plz tell me hw u gt job in Canada whyl u r in Pak, evn m lukn fr job if u can share dat Vll b vry very helpful..
can u share, Hw to find jobs in Canada whyl u r in othr country?

thanx!!
Hi Mohammed,

I have no experience looking for a job in Canada. From what i know until now, it is pretty tough if you are overseas because,

1. Very few employers are willing to go through the pains of LMO and the time associated with that. Even my case now is kind of frustrating.
2. Apparently, Canadian experience is given significant priority so your prior experience in some other country does not really count if they can easily find people with similar qualifications in Canada.

So how did i find my job? Well they reached out to me via linked in. I wasn't even looking for one. It is just that i am significantly experienced (7+ years) in my area, have worked with several multi national companies and most importantly, they were looking for a specific skill set that might not be easily found in Canada and i did possess that.

I had several interviews including a couple with the ultimate client in the US of my canadian employer and it was a collective go signal that resulted into the offer i currently have.

In general what i know is, either people apply for study visas OR they find some intermediate recruitment agents who charge for finding you a job and helping with the process. This is quite cumbersome because you have little idea about genuineness of a job offer or a recruiting company.

Hoping that helps