+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit applications in CHC London - 2013

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hello guys could u plz update any information regarding visa processing in London embassy thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I applied at CIC islamabad, Pakistan for a temp work permit on April 24th. Still waiting to hear from the embassy. Official website says normal processing time is 16 weeks though last years record shows average of 9 months.

At least here, estimate for visit visa as well as student visa is much less i.e. 30 days for visit and 8 to 12 weeks for student visa.

And students are getting visas in time i.e. most of them have gotten medical calls in around a month's time on average. Online is certainly faster. The following gives you an idea.

http://goo.gl/55cjf

This is a list of student applications from CIC Islamabad, Pakistan. Most of them have gotten medical calls and a few have received visas too.

The reason i am joining in on this thread is, that i think temp work permits are delayed for several reasons in Canada e.g. the RBC (royal bank of canada) issue that is in the news
for hiring 45 temp workers to replace their employees. So at least we have a general idea of the speed of processing of temp worker visas.

My employer has been in touch with CIC via MP office and received a much similar feedback i.e. process is being delayed due to further scrutiny on account of media news about misuse of temp worker visas.

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
fkl said:
I applied at CIC islamabad, Pakistan for a temp work permit on April 24th. Still waiting to hear from the embassy. Official website says normal processing time is 16 weeks though last years record shows average of 9 months.

At least here, estimate for visit visa as well as student visa is much less i.e. 30 days for visit and 8 to 12 weeks for student visa.

And students are getting visas in time i.e. most of them have gotten medical calls in around a month's time on average. Online is certainly faster. The following gives you an idea.

http://goo.gl/55cjf

This is a list of student applications from CIC Islamabad, Pakistan. Most of them have gotten medical calls and a few have received visas too.

The reason i am joining in on this thread is, that i think temp work permits are delayed for several reasons in Canada e.g. the RBC (royal bank of canada) issue that is in the news
for hiring 45 temp workers to replace their employees. So at least we have a general idea of the speed of processing of temp worker visas.

My employer has been in touch with CIC via MP office and received a much similar feedback i.e. process is being delayed due to further scrutiny on account of media news about misuse of temp worker visas.
Thanks for the heads up. My application is still within the 8 to 10 weeks duration as stipulated by the CHC London website. I have since given up hope that a decision would come any sooner, My immigration solicitor intends to contact CHC London if we do not recieve a decision at the end of the 10th week.

my advise is to wait till the end of the duration stipulated by the HC you applied to before you contact them.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi guys thanks for updating me... As I applid 7th of June so I am especting my visa decision in last week of August. My employer is not happy bcz of this delay process. But neither of us can't do any thing about it

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sure, we will just keep each other informed. I expect London office to be much swifter than Pakistan obviously. But that would at least tell me the pace of current temp workers visa processing AFTER all this media hype.

And yes, there is not much to do except waiting for the minimum time line to go by. I actually got one response from embassy giving me the file number. The reason originally was that my LMO was expiring after 6 months around mid june. I actually had 3 submissions to the embassy, 2 of which where returned being incomplete due to incorrect requirements mentioned on their website. This already delayed my case From early Feb to late April. Otherwise, two of my friends applied around Dec 2012 - Jan 2013, got medical call after one month, and received visa in precisely two months.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Have u done ur medical? Or not yet... My employer told me that some one from Pakistan applied for twp yesterday in vfs office in islamabad. They told him it will take minimum 4 months to process.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No medical yet. Yes it would take four months average (16 weeks) as stated on the website. Usually medical comes a month earlier. It's been two months since i applied.

My case might be slightly delayed being a family of 5, wife and 3 kids.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Okk good luck. Did u submit ur bank statement with good balance to show them that u can maintain urself with 4 dependants till u get ur 1st wage and also 5 people airline from Pakistan to Canada. We are talking about half million repress. I guess.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Emm i did submit a bank statement though i am not sure it was good enough to show that. Basically my job offer includes a good enough relocation allowance which should cover that though it would only be received after i reach there.

Can't say how this would impact that. But in general for this similar reason people don't go along i.e. i intend to go alone initially.

A friend of mine (one of the two i mentioned earlier), went alone initially and his wife joined him after two months. But obviously VO cannot know this before hand.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thank you qxoil.

It was an interesting point. Was this just your thought or you have heard / past experience regarding this?

I just checked with my friend. He said while he had some money, it certainly wasn't sufficient for his as well as his wife's tickets + stay. He thinks it is not relevant for our class of visa.

I might buy tickets on credit cards. It is pretty clear from the statements that a person showing this much salary in Pakistan would have cards covering enough limits to buy tickets and otherwise. Just thoughts.

For info, it is a senior software development role (NOC 2174) in a specific area.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
I read on this forum that some one from dehli embassy been refused bcz of insufficient funds. I am sure he applied for twp . But his lmo was valid when he got refusal so he reapplied with covering letter from his employer that they are providing air fair and one month temporary accommodation.he got approval in his 2nd attempt. But u don't worry too much. Every thing will be fine inshallah!

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
I submitted £6k statement with my visa application which almost 10k Canadian dollar. I am going for a semi skilled job unfortunately. I couldnt find any employer who can offer professional jobs with a lmo. My employer is not offering airticket or temp accommodation. But I think £6k closing balance is more then enough to satisfied visa officer.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thank you. That was important information nevertheless. All the very best with your case as well.

This never crossed my mind nor did my employer's lawyer indicated any such thing while they were assisting me with the application. Otherwise, i probably would have looked into it.

Just some additional thoughts. In the case you mentioned earlier of the guy who had to apply again after refusal, why did they need a letter from the employer for mentionining air ticket and accomodation? Probably they were offering the material benefit rather than in cash and it was NOT INDICATED in already existing job offer and LMO document.

For me, it was a straight forward amount (5k CAD), mentioned in the job offer as well as the approved LMO document. So i would be surprised if the embassy doesn't see and consider it.

Also, if it is of any importance, my primary fee for visa application for the whole family (which amounted over 700 CAD) was paid for through a bank draft in canadian dollars by my employer.

I feel the above should be enough factors for the VO to see it shouldnt be a problem for me but again, i hope and wish they do as i expect :)