+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Live-In Caregiver Change Of Employer Application Refused

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read all the FAQ and guidelines in applying new work permit for a new employer under LCP and I can't see any sentences that requires Medical. I'm so worried about this one. I hope everything will be ok with my application. Good luck to your wife's application. Any updates with her? Thanks.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
honeysweety your safe i change 2 times employer and been released upon arrival. I never received rejection because of no medical. Even now when we apply PR they dont require 2nd medical unless given notice according to the insruction guide under medical examnination.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
honeysweety your safe i change 2 times employer and been released upon arrival. I never received rejection because of no medical. Even now when we apply PR they dont require 2nd medical unless given notice according to the insruction guide under medical examnination.
Thanks wsongco. I'm just worried because I just visited my Doctor once. Maybe in your case you always have check-up with your Doctor. I hope everything will be ok with my app. Thanks again.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
seeing a doctor regularly or not is different from the medical exam required by the immigration. To get med exam you have to pay and do it only on the proper authorized clinic.
Would you mind telling me your timeline for applying new lmo/wp for new employer?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
seeing a doctor regularly or not is different from the medical exam required by the immigration. To get med exam you have to pay and do it only on the proper authorized clinic.
Would you mind telling me your timeline for applying new lmo/wp for new employer?

Got my LMO last July 28, 2011 (it took exactly 4 weeks my new employer applied for it)
Applied WP thru Online July 29, 2011 - as per CIC website it takes 77 days and as of oct 12, 2011 CIC still working on applications received by July 21, 2011.

kyrus

Oct 17, 2011
i was so worried about this situation too... i am a live-in caregiver as well and planning to change employer ive been here for almost four years and my pr is still in process... i just called the immigration today and ask about this situation but the agent told me that we are not required for medical examination...

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyrus said:
i was so worried about this situation too... i am a live-in caregiver as well and planning to change employer ive been here for almost four years and my pr is still in process... i just called the immigration today and ask about this situation but the agent told me that we are not required for medical examination...
Thanks kyrus for phoning CIC. I will call them also tomorrow. I'll update you if I get progress on my application.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God, today I finally got my Work Permit new employer under LCP. Applied thru online last July 31, 2011 and October 14, 2011 was the issued date on it. It's exactly 75 calendar days. My new employer and me signed 2-year contract but unfortunately CIC applies the 4-year limit plus 3 months. My new WP is not co-terminus with my passport expiry since my passport will expires on 2016. I will be 4 years on January 12, 2013 and my newly issued WP will expires on April 12, 2013. I hope I can get my OWP/PR within that time. Btw they didn't require me to take medical exams. Good luck to all applicants.

kyrus

Oct 17, 2011
congrats!!! im so worried cuz my LMO is still in process and been here for 4 years by nov this year... hoping that they will extend my work permit...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i had applied 5 times for work permit. 2 for different employer 3 for the same but never heard about that case. the only time i got refuse is when they sent me a letter that i do not have to apply for wp because my pr application is on process.. but that's it. i never thought they will require medical..

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
was she supposed to apply for "Change of Conditions" and NOT "Change of Status"?i think it got the officer confused of what she was really applying for