+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Live-In Caregiver Change Of Employer Application Refused

hello_world

Oct 14, 2011
Hello All,

My wife's recent live-in caregiver change-of-employee work permit application has been refused due to not having a medical examination done within the past 12 months.

When compiling the live-in caregiver "change-of-status" application, we were not aware of the medical examination rule. Is this something that is new? Is it required for live-in caregivers already residing in Canada to go through a medical examination as part of a change-of-status work permit?

How should we proceed from here? Do the medical examination and resubmit the entire application and wait for few months again till it gets processed?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

John.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How long has your wife been in Canada?

hello_world said:
Hello All,

My wife's recent live-in caregiver change-of-employee work permit application has been refused due to not having a medical examination done within the past 12 months.

When compiling the live-in caregiver "change-of-status" application, we were not aware of the medical examination rule. Is this something that is new? Is it required for live-in caregivers already residing in Canada to go through a medical examination as part of a change-of-status work permit?

How should we proceed from here? Do the medical examination and resubmit the entire application and wait for few months again till it gets processed?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

John.

hello_world

Oct 14, 2011
She's been in Canada for almost 3 years (it'll be 3 years in January 2012). I just discovered (by thoroughly reading the live-in caregiver guide) that indeed live-in caregivers may be asked to do a medical test since they are dealing with children on day-to-day basis. It would be nice, though, if this was clearly stated in the application we were completing.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
But has she not regularly had annual medical check up?

hello_world said:
She's been in Canada for almost 3 years (it'll be 3 years in January 2012). I just discovered (by thoroughly reading the live-in caregiver guide) that indeed live-in caregivers may be asked to do a medical test since they are dealing with children on day-to-day basis. It would be nice, though, if this was clearly stated in the application we were completing.

hello_world

Oct 14, 2011
No, she did not. If she had, would they already have a record of that?

I think this medical exam entails more than just a regular check-up (e.g. x-rays). She received a form for the doctor to fill out with the refusal letter. I am also unsure whether or not we need to resubmit the entire application, or if there is a way to deliver the missing piece to them and resume processing of the app.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi John,

I know of someone that was instructed by CIC to have an annual checkup to update the caregiver's medical status. I forgot what medical condition the caregiver has. It was noted on the caregiver's papers. Don't know now what happened.

Did your wife receive the same instructions prior starting the program?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Call CIC. They may know what is needed.

hello_world said:

I think this medical exam entails more than just a regular check-up (e.g. x-rays). She received a form for the doctor to fill out with the refusal letter. I am also unsure whether or not we need to resubmit the entire application, or if there is a way to deliver the missing piece to them and resume processing of the app.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi i never heard of this situation. May i ask if she came here initially as Live in Caregiver? If she does they suppost to use her initial medical when she came here. If not then she really have to get medical prior to sumitting initial LCP WP. Or the letter you recv is a medical request not a refusal. So if u want to proceed she need to go medical.
Did she apply for PR?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How many employers had she had previous to this application?

hello_world said:

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? Do we really need to undergo Medical Exams for changing employer? Oh my this will worry me now. I submitted my WP application last July 30, 2011 thru Online and until now I haven't heard any progress yet. If medical exams is really needed then there's a big problem for my application. I'm already 2 years and 8 months in Canada and I just have 1 medical exams before with my Doctor. Now I left BC already and I don't have OHIP yet. Btw is your wife originally works as Live-in Caregiver? Or does she change her status to Live-in Caregiver? Thanks for the input(-:

hello_world

Oct 14, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses. Here are some answers:
-No, she does not have any medical conditions.
-She had 2 previous employees. This is her 3rd.
-She was never asked to do a medical exam prior to this.
-Her application was not a PR app. It was simply a change of status (work permit update) app

The first line in the letter she got back states "Your application as requested is refused."

Then it goes on to say:
"Temporary foreign workers intending to work in a field....
....A work permit cannot be issued to them until they have passed the immigration medical examination, or still possess a valid medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination they were required to undergo within the previous 12 months..."

Attached to the letter is a blank medical examination report to be completed by a qualified physician. She will call CIC on Monday to inquire more. Not sure at this point what happens after the medical examination is completed. If a brand new application is required that would be really disappointing.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did she ever tried to visit her family doctor within that 2.5 years she's working? How many times did she went to her Doctor? Thanks a lot. I'm so worried because I submitted my application for new employer WP application and my Medical Exam with my Doctor been more than a year since the last time I visited her.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
DMP or the Family Doctor will do? Has she left Canada since she arrived and worked as LIC?

hello_world said:
Hi All,

-Her application was not a PR app. It was simply a change of status (work permit update) app

The first line in the letter she got back states "Your application as requested is refused."

Then it goes on to say:
....A work permit cannot be issued to them until they have passed the immigration medical examination, or still possess a valid medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination they were required to undergo within the previous 12 months..."

Attached to the letter is a blank medical examination report to be completed by a qualified physician. She will call CIC on Monday to inquire more. Not sure at this point what happens after the medical examination is completed. If a brand new application is required that would be really disappointing.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello_world said:
Hi All,

Then it goes on to say:

Hi did your wife phone CIC? Any updates? Thanks a lot!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
i think your wife initial permit is not live in caregiver. Am i correct?