Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Hi all,
For those jobs that in its description at https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure
are considered as a self-employed job
what kinds of documents should be presented for proving it?

in NOC's page we usually have 5 parts including :
  1. Example titles
  2. Main duties
  3. Employment requirement
  4. Additional information
  5. Exclusion
If it includes self-employed , where should find the docs for presenting to officer as a proving of job.

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,
For those jobs that in its description at https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure
are considered as a self-employed job
what kinds of documents should be presented for proving it?

in NOC's page we usually have 5 parts including :
  1. Example titles
  2. Main duties
  3. Employment requirement
  4. Additional information
  5. Exclusion
If it includes self-employed , where should find the docs for presenting to officer as a proving of job.
there are quite a number of threads on this forum addressing this question. try searching 'self employment" and see what pops out.

Reactions: sabella_75

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
there are quite a number of threads on this forum addressing this question. try searching 'self employment" and see what pops out.
Honestly, I've read more than 30 threads, really , but I couldn't get proper answer
Could you please under this post, say your idea about technical writer self-employment job please.
Just what docs are needed to prove from your perspective please:
NOC-51112-Techincal writer
51112 – Technical writers

Technical writers write manuals and specifications for publication or presentation. They are employed by governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
I am more than grateful if just say your idea generally .

thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, I've read more than 30 threads, really , but I couldn't get proper answer
Could you please under this post, say your idea about technical writer self-employment job please.

thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Proof of work experience. Has nothing to do with NOC database.

Reactions: sabella_75

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

thanks
business incorporation documents, reference letters from clients, proof of your work history, payment proof, etc. it doesn't really matter what the role is, if you're self employed you're most likely required to provide the same proof as others to justify the years of experience you're claiming.. Hence the suggestion to read through past threads

Reactions: Naturgrl

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
business incorporation documents, reference letters from clients, proof of your work history, payment proof, etc. it doesn't really matter what the role is, if you're self employed you're most likely required to provide the same proof as others to justify the years of experience you're claiming.. Hence the suggestion to read through past threads
book's writer usually does not have any incorporation/company
Book's writer can get from readers
work history!!!!!!!!

No maybe I couldn't reach my purpose

I asked for a writer; someone write a handbook/guideline/reference book

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Yes it does. I won‘t copy and paste it but you need to prove self employment and the documents you need to show are listed.
If you mean this portion
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
this not applicable for a writer.
I ask simple question, what docs are needed
writer has a pen and paper , does not have a company or business ownership

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
The problem is that, I fear If officer think like as you responded, with respect to you and all here.
I was talking logically , but my respond wasn't enough good.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
book's writer usually does not have any incorporation/company
Book's writer can get from readers
work history!!!!!!!!

No maybe I couldn't reach my purpose

I asked for a writer; someone write a handbook/guideline/reference book
Is this for EE-FSW? A simple answer - You need to show contracts, receipts, incorporation, client lists, pay stubs etc. It is clearly stated in the mandatory documents and that is what you will be assessed against. A writer showing only pen and paper doesn’t prove you meet the NOC.

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Is this for EE-FSW?
Yes, Yes, NOC 51112 https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=nGSZVgOCUDSmaTnPzjzlgD4i9nqPS3c9rXEo8RUuHZA=
Is this for EE-FSW? A simple answer - You need to show contracts, receipts, incorporation, client lists, pay stubs etc. It is clearly stated in the mandatory documents and that is what you will be assessed against. A writer showing only pen and paper doesn’t prove you meet the NOC.
But I don't know what else rather than contract , receipts are needed,
Actually there is not client because book will be distributed over the book store/bookshop/library
and It is self-employed not for any profit,non-profit organization/company/firm/publication/presentation
just I've started to write a book for a short-time and I think it would be applicable with corresponding with NOC 51112.
I mean, from your side, how should I prove that for past 6 months I was working on this handbook ?
this is my problem

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
If your CRS score is not high enough then look at the stream in the link. It is for those in the arts who will give significant benefit to Canadian culture. Only a few hundred are selected each year and processing takes a few years if selected. There are threads on self employment under business immigration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed.html
Thanks
clearly and elaborately I'd like to know that how to prove that for a specific period(like 6 months) I was self-employed handbook writer :D

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
and I am not asking from technical point of view , just your general idea would be significant to close and reach to good conclusion with appropriate decision from my side.