+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what docs are needed for self-employed job

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
and I am not asking from technical point of view , just your general idea would be significant to close and reach to good conclusion with appropriate decision from my side.
I am not going to give my general idea. IRCC tells you what mandatory documents are required to provide proof of work experience for self employed jobs. You either can prove it or not. You need to prove hours worked, salary etc. too.

Reactions: sabella_75

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
If you are a technical write then aren’t you writing for a client, company?
Not for a company, for readers , book I mean like university book/ reference book, and as NOC declare it can be self-employed
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=nGSZVgOCUDSmaTnPzjzlgD4i9nqPS3c9rXEo8RUuHZA=
51112 – Technical writers

Technical writers write manuals and specifications for publication or presentation. They are employed by governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, and other establishments, or they may be self-employed

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
If you are a technical write then aren’t you writing for a client, company?
Technical writer is a wide term and could be used for variety of writing topic including engineering, management , medical in different form like handbook , guide line, manual book , scientific book
like many book you had been studying throughout your university

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Yes your NOC can be self employed. As stated in previous posts, there are mandatory documents that you must provide IRCC to provide proof of work experience. Just stating that you wrote a book will not suffice.
and problem is here, I asked how to prove the length of writing , I know that having book not enough
By far the biggest problem is to prove, it was taken 4 months or 6 months or an year, if you'r not self-employed you get letter from your employer and everything straightforwardly will be clearly mentioned.
In this case, I have not had any employer, further more, no client
just a few Docs including contract, permissions from specific governmental organization,registration

but

they are not prove the length of my claiming
I am worry about period of claiming not how to prove I am writer
I am writer because of my book
how to prove it takes 4 months or 6 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
and problem is here, I asked how to prove the length of writing , I know that having book not enough
By far the biggest problem is to prove, it was taken 4 months or 6 months or an year, if you'r not self-employed you get letter from your employer and everything straightforwardly will be clearly mentioned.
just a few Docs including contract, permissions from specific governmental organization,registration

but

Is this your primary NOC for FSW? If so you need to prove one year of continuous full time experience in the NOC. Continuous is no breaks...can you do that? Well you could be counting the hours and documenting your hours worked. I am self employed and keep a log of hours I work each day. So your contract doesn't specify salary, job responsibilities, hours etc.?

• Love

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Firstly I am thankful from your swift and kind response
Is this your primary NOC for FSW?
Obviously NO , I never present a something like this to arise any kinds of problem, I've had more than 3 years exp with full docs for proof
Continuous is no breaks...can you do that?
Yes, I can do for my primary NOC, have with the exact what IRCC has been stated for work experience
So your contract doesn't specify salary, job responsibilities, hours etc.?
I told that, it was self-employed, self-employed means I was working for my-self not by others, so I should determine those factors you mentioned by my-self
My contract said :
Publisher [name] has contracted with Ms/Mr.....................................for printing,packaging,binding and all related task to provide a book called.........................
and confirm that all permissions have been taken.
Permissions :
1-
2-
Book's details:
1-
2-
So, In case of self employment how should be determined in this field is very questionable
If NOC says it could be self-employed , who should define the hours,salary,responsibilities

and usually writers first write book then after distributing , it might be profitable not before
responsibilities :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for enlightening :cool:

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
Is this your primary NOC for FSW? If so you need to prove one year of continuous full time experience in the NOC. Continuous is no breaks...can you do that? Well you could be counting the hours and documenting your hours worked. I am self employed and keep a log of hours I work each day. So your contract doesn't specify salary, job responsibilities, hours etc.?
I am more than grateful If you could help me in this situation .
I think it's not complicated, just writer as a job , can't get salary before writing and responsibilities are clear
but rest of that I am not aware

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

but

It's quite simple - if you can't give the required documentation as per IRCC, then you can't claim it. It's like someone trying to claim to be a self-employed singer because they recorded a song on a CD, but they have no contract with a music company or no viewership on YouTube. And they can claim it took them 5 years to come up with that song, but it genereated no revenue. Then it's just a hobby and not work.

By saying so, I am not discounting the value of your book writing skills or any singer's song, but unless you can prove your self-employent with IRCC required documents, it won't be counted. You need to have supporting documents that show you were generating income, there was a demand for such work, and you actually dedicated full-time to that endevour. Unpaid work is not considered as work experience, even if it's for self-employed.

Any further clarifications, you will have to probably hire a consultant or lawyer as your case seems to be exceptional.

sabella_75

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Serowe
Category........
Other
And really I'd like to know that If someone ask IRCC
how possible self-employed handbook writer gain money in case of self employment before publishing ,how they answer
It does not matter of mine, but also how stuff could be connected to each other, clearly, self-employed writer write a book and not generate revenue from first day of publishing
this is not inconsistency ?
If No, what's the best answer, If yes, it's not better to eliminate those related job

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
I think you are making things too complicated for yourself.

If you have 3 years experience in another NOC with all the documentation that IRCC requires to back your claim, then use that in your work history to claim the points.

You can mention the writing job under "Personal History" (mind you, you will see that section only after you have received and accepted an "Invitation to apply". You won't be requested to show documents for work experience listed under "Personal history".

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think you are making things to complicated for yourself.

If you have 3 years experience in another NOC with all the documentation that IRCC requires to back your claim, then use that in your work history to claim the points.

You can mention the writing job under "Personal History" (mind you, you will see that section only after you have received and accepted an "Invitation to apply". You won't be requested to show documents for work experience listed under "Personal history".
Exactly if OP had just stated that OP already had 3 years work experience in another NOC then I wouldn’t have had to go through all this.