+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

viplavkallam

Aug 5, 2014
gandhinish said:
Hi Gandhinish, Thanks for your help ! I have few more queries for you !!
Do you have idea how to send transcripts(not attested memos) to WES .
I mean can applicant send them ? As my university(Osmania) handed it to me directly .

If Yes,Can I send both other degrees (Original Degree,Convocation & Consolidated memo) photo copies & Year wise Transcirpts in single cover to WES so that I can save money of second courier.

And one more point:
My University provided all degrees (Original Degree,Convocation & Consolidated memo)Transcripts too along with Year wise mark sheets transcripts.
Should I still include other degrees(Original Degree,Convocation & Consolidated memo) photo copies? Along with Transcripts and send them as mentioned in above point?

Guess photocopies doesnt required anybody's attestation like Notary/Lawyer etc; ?

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) in computer engineering which had a duation of 4 years, from the college K.j.Somaiya COE, affiliated to the University of Mumbai, India in the year 2010. Before that I have completed 10 th (SSC) + 12th (HSC) both from the "Maharashtra board of secondary and higher secondary education" . Thus in total I have completed 10+2+4 =16 years of education.

I have the following questions regarding ECA from WES:

1. Currently, while I prepare the envelope for sending it to WES, I am only including all my B.E. documents i.e. marksheets, convocation and transcripts and am getting them attested from the university and sealed by university in a single envelope. Also, I am going to collect the sealed envelope from the university and send them to WES on my own. In this case, do I need to include the "Academic Records Request Form" along with ? If yes, do I need to include the same in the sealed enveloped along with the B.E. marksheets/transcripts or just send it separately?

2. In the documents to be submit at WES for ECA, do I include HSC and SSC marksheets and certificates as well ? If yes, where do I get the HSC and SSC marksheets/certficates attested from ?

Do I include any other documents apart from those mentioned above (apart from the barcode page off-course!!)?

Requesting your kind replies on the same.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
mapleDream2014 said:
I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) in computer engineering which had a duation of 4 years, from the college K.j.Somaiya COE, affiliated to the University of Mumbai, India in the year 2010. Before that I have completed 10 th (SSC) + 12th (HSC) both from the "Maharashtra board of secondary and higher secondary education" . Thus in total I have completed 10+2+4 =16 years of education.

I have the following questions regarding ECA from WES:

1. Currently, while I prepare the envelope for sending it to WES, I am only including all my B.E. documents i.e. marksheets, convocation and transcripts and am getting them attested from the university and sealed by university in a single envelope. Also, I am going to collect the sealed envelope from the university and send them to WES on my own. In this case, do I need to include the "Academic Records Request Form" along with ? If yes, do I need to include the same in the sealed enveloped along with the B.E. marksheets/transcripts or just send it separately?

2. In the documents to be submit at WES for ECA, do I include HSC and SSC marksheets and certificates as well ? If yes, where do I get the HSC and SSC marksheets/certficates attested from ?

Do I include any other documents apart from those mentioned above (apart from the barcode page off-course!!)?

Requesting your kind replies on the same.
You need to send documents related to your highest qualification only which is masters. In some cases WES also asks for Bachelors even though the applicant has submitted docs for masters so if you want to play safe - send both masters and bachelors.

Documents required for each univ. or higher qualification:

- Original Univ. Transcript in a SEALED Envelope from the Univ.
- Copy of your Univ. Degree Certificate (not college certificate)
- Copies of all your Univ. provided mark sheets
- Copy of WES Payment receipt.
- Document do not need attestation but this may vary depending on the Univ.

Please check the WES Portal for more details pertaining to your univ. (if available).

Good luck!

viplavkallam

Aug 5, 2014
Hi , I have one query here.

I have original transcripts which are in sealed cover for Bachelor&Masters too received from University.
And as per WES , Applicant need to send other degree mark sheets by self.
So,Here shall I send all these 3 (Bacherlos &Masters Transcripts ,Copies of all mark sheets ) envelops myself to WES??As university can't send to WES !

Please suggest !

Thanks!
Viplava Kallam.

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Yes you need to send it to WES.

You can put everything in a bigger envelope and courier them.

Regards

viplavkallam said:
Hi , I have one query here.

I have original transcripts which are in sealed cover for Bachelor&Masters too received from University.
And as per WES , Applicant need to send other degree mark sheets by self.
So,Here shall I send all these 3 (Bacherlos &Masters Transcripts ,Copies of all mark sheets ) envelops myself to WES??As university can't send to WES !

Please suggest !

Thanks!
Viplava Kallam.

viplavkallam

Aug 5, 2014
Thanks Johnshon !

Did you tried this way ? Or any idea who followed the same way and not faced any issue(s)?

Thanks!
Viplava Kallam

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
@nishesh3003 and all experts, thanks a lot for your insight and help !! I have a few more questions and confirmations before I finally set the packet off.

To give you a background once again, I have done Bachelors of Computer Engineering from the K.J.Somaiya COE affiliated to the University of Mumbai.

1. The WES website mentions that the "APPLICANT" must send the "photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates". I have 2 doubts here:
i. Given my education background, what does a "degree certificate" mean? It is a "Convocation", right? Pls confirm.
ii. Also, does this mean that this certificate DOES NOT NEED to get Attested and sealed in an envelope by the university like the marksheets are?

2. If this "degree certificate" or "convocation" is to be gotten attested then,
i. Do I need to include and get it sealed in the SAME envelope of the "marksheets", thus bundling the marksheets and convocation/degree certs together?
'OR'
ii. Do I include it separately in a bigger envelope which will contain the sealed marksheets envelope?

3. TRANSCRIPTS:
My college has given me 2 transscripts , one is on an original letter head and hence light yellow in colour without the stamp of the college while the other one is a xerox version of the original but with an official stamp of the college (Both are signatured though). When I asked the college about which is the original one, they said both of them are. I have to now get them attested and sealed by the university in envelopes. I have the following doubts in this respect:

i. Which of those 2 transcripts should I submit in my application?

ii. Do I need to include and get it attested and sealed in the SAME envelope of the "marksheets", thus bundling the transcripts and marksheets together?
'OR'
iii. Do I ask the university to attest and sealed it in a different envelope?

Summarising , based on the above answers, I am going to include the below as a part of "my packet" to be dispatched to WES. Requesting you all to please confirm the same and/or suggest if something needs to be changed or added:

a. 1 university sealed envelope of attested marksheets + convocation/degree certificate (If the answer to question 2.i is yes) + Transcripts (If the answer to question 3.11 is yes)
b. 1 convocation/degree certificate (If the answer to question 2.ii is yes)
c. 1 university sealed envelope of attested Transcripts. (If the answer to question 3.iii is yes)
d. 1 "Academic records request form" bundled in EACH of the above university sealed envelope. (depending on the total number of sealed envelopes)
e. 1 Printout of the payment details to WES.

Requesting your kind guidance on the same at the earliest and thanks for your patience while reading through the story !!

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Yes I did that way. I just put the sealed envelope inside bigger envelope along with payment details. I did not send other photocopies.

viplavkallam said:
Thanks Johnshon !

Did you tried this way ? Or any idea who followed the same way and not faced any issue(s)?

Thanks!
Viplava Kallam

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi guys,

I urgently need help on the below part:

I need to fill up the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form".
My convocation degree states:
"We the chancellor...confer the Degree of "Bachelor of Engineering" (in its /Computer Engineering Branch) on XYZ for the examination held in May-2010 at the Convocation held on 5th February, 2011 ".

My final examination of 8th semester was in the month of May-2010 and I passed it then coz the result came 3 months later in Aug-2010.

Now what should I fill in the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form"? Should I fill "2010" or "2011"

Requesting you all to please help on the same asap..!! Thnks in advance !!

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
mapleDream2014 said:
Hi guys,

I urgently need help on the below part:

I need to fill up the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form".
My convocation degree states:
"We the chancellor...confer the Degree of "Bachelor of Engineering" (in its /Computer Engineering Branch) on XYZ for the examination held in May-2010 at the Convocation held on 5th February, 2011 ".

My final examination of 8th semester was in the month of May-2010 and I passed it then coz the result came 3 months later in Aug-2010.

Now what should I fill in the field "Year of Award (if applicable)" in the "Academic Records Request Form"? Should I fill "2010" or "2011"

Requesting you all to please help on the same asap..!! Thnks in advance !!
2010 is appropriate as it is in 2010 that the course got over.

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
CanOl said:
2010 is appropriate as it is in 2010 that the course got over.
Thanks a lot CanOI!! Just another query..
I haven't yet applied to WES for ECA by paying the fees online and hence donot have a "WES Ref #" as of yet. But the "Academic Records Request Form" asks for the same (although they state "if applicable"). Also, I am planning to go tomorrow to the university for submitting my transcripts for attestation and am gonna ask the university to seal this form alongwith the transcripts tomorrow . I will do the WES application after that. My exact query is:

Is it allowed to first submit the transcripts to the university for attestation first and then submit the application in WES and thus keep the "WES ref #" field blank in the "Academic Records Request Form"?

Thanks in advance once again!!

Bobtheaccountant

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/09/2014 received 23/09/2014
Doc's Request.
Photo request received in Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER 10/01/2015
AOR Received.
(SLU : 24/07/2015)
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
File Transfer...
Jan/Feb
Med's Request
21/07/2015
Med's Done....
31/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/09/2015 - No passport required (no stamping needed)
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued date 01/09/2015, COPR received 11/09/2015
LANDED..........
Not sure yet
Hi

You need your WES reference number for them to identify your documents.I will suggest for your to apply for the ECA and submit your application.

Thanks
Bob

adityasunny7

Aug 11, 2014
adityasunny7 said:
Dear gandhinish,

Thank you very much for all the info and help regarding FSW ECA from WES fro Mou Students.....

Bro, I sincelry would request you to share your email id with me.... my problemt is that i have deon BMS from SIES college SION Mumbai University, but now im working in New delhi.....

Coming to Mumbai to attest my marksheets is going to be very expensive......so i am trying to understand the entire process before i land in mumbai...

i had a few very specific questions....

would be really great full if you can email me on adityasunny7 @ gmail.com 9873434404.

pls bro just need some clarifications regarding the attestation process in Churchgate.

Regards
Aditya

Arindam88

Oct 14, 2014
Hi, Can any one please tell me that whether the Academic Record request form is a must to be sent along with the transcripts? My university would not facilitate on filling this form. Can't only be the transcripts be sent without the form? Please help

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
mapleDream2014 said:
@ nishesh3003 and all experts, thanks a lot for your insight and help !! I have a few more questions and confirmations before I finally set the packet off.

To give you a background once again, I have done Bachelors of Computer Engineering from the K.J.Somaiya COE affiliated to the University of Mumbai.

1. The WES website mentions that the "APPLICANT" must send the "photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates". I have 2 doubts here:
i. Given my education background, what does a "degree certificate" mean? It is a "Convocation", right? Pls confirm.
ii. Also, does this mean that this certificate DOES NOT NEED to get Attested and sealed in an envelope by the university like the marksheets are?

2. If this "degree certificate" or "convocation" is to be gotten attested then,
i. Do I need to include and get it sealed in the SAME envelope of the "marksheets", thus bundling the marksheets and convocation/degree certs together?
'OR'
ii. Do I include it separately in a bigger envelope which will contain the sealed marksheets envelope?

3. TRANSCRIPTS:
My college has given me 2 transscripts , one is on an original letter head and hence light yellow in colour without the stamp of the college while the other one is a xerox version of the original but with an official stamp of the college (Both are signatured though). When I asked the college about which is the original one, they said both of them are. I have to now get them attested and sealed by the university in envelopes. I have the following doubts in this respect:

i. Which of those 2 transcripts should I submit in my application?

ii. Do I need to include and get it attested and sealed in the SAME envelope of the "marksheets", thus bundling the transcripts and marksheets together?
'OR'
iii. Do I ask the university to attest and sealed it in a different envelope?

Summarising , based on the above answers, I am going to include the below as a part of "my packet" to be dispatched to WES. Requesting you all to please confirm the same and/or suggest if something needs to be changed or added:

a. 1 university sealed envelope of attested marksheets + convocation/degree certificate (If the answer to question 2.i is yes) + Transcripts (If the answer to question 3.11 is yes)
b. 1 convocation/degree certificate (If the answer to question 2.ii is yes)
c. 1 university sealed envelope of attested Transcripts. (If the answer to question 3.iii is yes)
d. 1 "Academic records request form" bundled in EACH of the above university sealed envelope. (depending on the total number of sealed envelopes)
e. 1 Printout of the payment details to WES.

Requesting your kind guidance on the same at the earliest and thanks for your patience while reading through the story !!
For 1 University credential there can only be 1 transcript.

Do not confuse transcript with degree certificate or college certificate or convocation certificate. 'Usually' a transcript is provided by a University upon a request and therefore chances are you do not already have it.

The other 3 certificates are automatically issued - so you may be possessing all of them.

The point is - the University will provide you with a SEALED Transcript which will have the attestation of the University registrar (general circumstances) and this will not and should not be clubbed with any other documents (in the sealed envelope itself).

A copy of all the 3 certificates and the mark-sheets should also be included in your WES 'package' while submitting but ensure that the transcript is sealed while being placed in the package.

Next - COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS : Transcripts that WES requires you submit are the ones issued by the University and NOT the College itself (unless the College is a deemed Univ.)

Other documents, including copies of University Degree, Convocation cert, mark sheets etc do not require attestation in general circumstances (I did not have to do it). You can double check WES though if their is any form of exceptions to it for your University / College (if deemed).