+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

damacig

May 6, 2014
Friends need some urgent help

i graduated with B.E. MEchanical from K.J.Somaiya College of engineering, University of Mumbai in 2003.

for assessment i was told only marksheets issued by university (2nd, 7th & 8th) will be verified by dept of examinations, Kalina Campus. i piad them 1275/- per document for 3 marksheet copies of the semsters and got it verified. they gave me the sealed envelope and i sent it to CES, University of toronto.

i had another envelope which i sent all other marksheets issued by my college K.J Somaiya, attested by college registrar, stamped and sealed. i sent that too to CES along with the form and fees.

now after 10 weeks i get the following response from CES

"Notification of Missing Information - Comparative Education Service FSWP
Inbox
x
FSWP Inquiries <ces.fswp@utoronto.ca>

7:17 PM (19 hours ago)

to me

Dear Ajay shetty,

CES has received the marks sheets issued by K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering ;however, the marks sheets are not acceptable as it was not sent directly from the institution. Also note that the marks sheets needs to be countersigned by the registrar/Controller of examinations of the University of Mumbai since K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering did not acquire Autonomy (degree awarding institution status) until 2013-2014 and your transcripts were issued before 2013-2014.

Please be advised, Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires applicants to have their Official Academic Records (marks sheets/transcripts/statements of marks) sent directly from the issuing institution(s) in a sealed envelope to the University of Toronto, Comparative Education Service. We don’t consider documents as official unless we receive it directly from your former institution. If these documents are submitted by the applicant or another third party they are not considered to be official, regardless of whether they are submitted in a sealed envelope and mailed directly to the Comparative Education Service (CES). No exceptions are allowed.

In order to assist with this process, we have developed a form entitled: “REQUEST TO HAVE OFFICIAL ACADEMIC RECORDS/TRANSCRIPTS/STATEMENTS OF MARKS SENT TO THE COMPARATIVE EDUCATION SERVICE”. This form can be submitted to your educational institutions to have your Official Transcripts/Academic Records sent directly to the CES office in a sealed envelope.

Therefore, please arrange to have the University of Mumbai’s Registrar or Controller of Examinations (or one of their deputies) attest your documents and mail them directly to the following address:

Comparative Education Service

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies

c/o Research Department

162 St. George Street

Toronto, ON, M5S 2E9 Canada

Thank you for your interest in Comparative Education Service.

Comparative Education Service (CES)

School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto

162 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario

M5S 2E9 CANADA

Tel: +1-416-978-2400 (x3)

Fax:+1-416-978-2185

CAN ANYONE ADVICE? HOW DO I GET ALL MARKSHEETS ATTESTED BY UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI. OR IS IT THE SAME CASE FOR OTHER STUDENTS AND CES UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO WRONG IN ITS FEEDBACK? THERE MUST BE A WAY OUT!!

PLEASE HELP

Thanks
/SP"

ayferkayhan

Oct 18, 2014
Arindam88 said:
Hi, Can any one please tell me that whether the Academic Record request form is a must to be sent along with the transcripts? My university would not facilitate on filling this form. Can't only be the transcripts be sent without the form? Please help
hi i am also looking for an answer for above question. can anyone pls clarify.

Thank you

arshadsiddiquie

Oct 21, 2014
nishesh3003 said:
Your ECA clearly states the following:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCE SUMMARY
Bachelor's Degree (four years)

It does not state 2 or more Post Secondary Degree or Diploma, does it ? So you won't qualify for 22 points.
Hi ,

Would like to ask you about the process for the WES evaluation ? can you tell me what documents do i need to submit for ECA? just the bachelors or all along with Schooling marksheets?
thanks in advance buddy.

Arshad

Delhi

arshadsiddiquie

Oct 21, 2014

Hi Gandhinish,

Please tell me is it necessary to send attested marksheets along with transcripts received from university to the WES for evaluation?

i am sending -
1- BTech transcripts ( envelope sealed by university )
2- BTech Degree Copy ( unattested)
3- Btech marksheets all years ( unattested)
4- 10th and 12th Marksheets with passing certificates.

Is there any form to send with all this ? what is that and where i can find it?

Please approve this. thanks for your time.

Arshad

arshadsiddiquie

Oct 21, 2014
mapleDream2014 said:
I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) in computer engineering which had a duation of 4 years, from the college K.j.Somaiya COE, affiliated to the University of Mumbai, India in the year 2010. Before that I have completed 10 th (SSC) + 12th (HSC) both from the "Maharashtra board of secondary and higher secondary education" . Thus in total I have completed 10+2+4 =16 years of education.

I have the following questions regarding ECA from WES:

1. Currently, while I prepare the envelope for sending it to WES, I am only including all my B.E. documents i.e. marksheets, convocation and transcripts and am getting them attested from the university and sealed by university in a single envelope. Also, I am going to collect the sealed envelope from the university and send them to WES on my own. In this case, do I need to include the "Academic Records Request Form" along with ? If yes, do I need to include the same in the sealed enveloped along with the B.E. marksheets/transcripts or just send it separately?

------------------------------------------

Hi Friend,

Please tell me is it necessary to send attested marksheets along with transcripts received from university to the WES for evaluation?

i am sending -

Arshad

arshadsiddiquie

Oct 21, 2014
nishesh3003 said:
You need to send documents related to your highest qualification only which is masters. In some cases WES also asks for Bachelors even though the applicant has submitted docs for masters so if you want to play safe - send both masters and bachelors.

Documents required for each univ. or higher qualification:

- Original Univ. Transcript in a SEALED Envelope from the Univ.
- Copy of your Univ. Degree Certificate (not college certificate)
- Copies of all your Univ. provided mark sheets
- Copy of WES Payment receipt.
- Document do not need attestation but this may vary depending on the Univ.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mate

i am sending -

Arshad

Please check the WES Portal for more details pertaining to your univ. (if available).

Good luck!

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have sent required document to WES for ECA purpose.
It has been 1 week now but it shows.."Evaluation in Progress" .. But says "Documents NOT received".

Any idea? I checked with my courier company and it is reached to WES before 1 week.

Please let me know what should i do? Or it is Normal ?

Note:- I tried to mail/ call WES, But no response from them.

Thanks //

dileepmsse

Sep 21, 2015
Hi

I am planning to submit my degree for ECA and have few questions on it, Looking for a helping hand for it:

From the WES website i understand that i need to submit
1. Clean Degree / Provision certificate photocopy. - I am planning to take a photocopy and send it(Not self attested nor university attested)
2. University Academic transcripts in a sealed envelope from University. - I am planning to send Consolidated transcript as My deemed university gives individual semester wise transcripts and provides Consolidated transcripts which includes semester, subject, month, grades and final grade for the degree.

Please suggest what to be sent, whatever i am planning to send will suffice ?

Thx

nimish

Apr 1, 2016
Hello, I'm in similar situation as you were in and needed your advice. May be I can have your email or contact through which I can connect with you? Please revert.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
My name is Satish Maduri and this is with regards to WES Evaluation or ECA related to Canadian immigration. I passed my first two years of BSC. IT (Bachelors of Science in Information Technology) full-time from Valia College, Mumbai University. After that, I completed my BSC. IT from Periyar University by undergoing all three years of BSC IT directly in one sitting through distance learning. My query is whether I should include the transcripts of 2 years from Valia College, Mumbai along with the transcripts from Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu to send to WES for evaluation. By the way, my final BSC IT degree certificate was awarded by Periyar University, which is a recognized university.
Also. after my BSC. IT, I completed my Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management from Jaipur National University, which is a recognized university, through distance learning. So, should I also have to do ECA or WES Evaluation for my post-graduate diploma? On the flipside, people say for ECA, only the highest qualification is required for evaluation. So, if that's the case, is it ok if I don't send my BSC IT documents for evaluation and just send my post-grad diploma for evaluation?
After that, I came to Canada on a student visa and completed two graduate certificate programs from Fanshawe and Seneca College. Right now, I'm on a post-graduate work permit of 3 years.

I have some other queries. Will the University give the attestation for transcript, marksheet or degree certificate? Along with the transcript or marksheet or degree certificate, is there a WES form that needs to be attested by the university? Is transcript technically a consolidated marksheet?
Also, is ECA mandatory if I apply through PNP from Canada? And in case, my WES evaluation doesn't come positive, will I be able to apply for PR if I'm applying from India. As far as CEC is concerned, I know that ECA ain't mandatory. Besides, where do we need to write or mention the WES reference number on the sealed envelope? Moreover, should I carry my original documents when I visit the university for attestation?

Is there a WES contact no or email id where I can post my queries? If yes, then can someone please give me the relevant email id or contact no?

I know these are a lot of queries but since I am a beginner and my case is complicated, I have come across all these queries. I heard there are a lot of experts in this forum. Please please guide me through my doubts

veenaalmad

Jun 30, 2011
Hi all,

I am a little confused about evaluating my bachelors marksheets. I graduated from University of Mumbai and i send WES my transcripts and photocopies of my marksheets. Unfortunately, I am stuck since I don't know what are they trying to ask. Please help me answering the question. This is what I got in my updates:
Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.

Thank you for your message. WES does not accept attested college-issued
mark sheets unless they are from an autonomous college. For India, all individual
university mark sheet photocopies, must be attested and stamped by the
university's controller of examination or registrar in a sealed envelope.
Attestations from persons outside the Controller of Examination and
Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary
publics, will not be accepted. WES received the college documents within college envelope
from india. WES requires the university issued documents attested by
university and placed within university envelope.

What are they asking for? Original marksheets? Where does attested marksheets come from?

Please help me.

Thanks!

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
veenaalmad said:
Hi all,

I am a little confused about evaluating my bachelors marksheets. I graduated from University of Mumbai and i send WES my transcripts and photocopies of my marksheets. Unfortunately, I am stuck since I don't know what are they trying to ask. Please help me answering the question. This is what I got in my updates:
Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.

Thank you for your message. WES does not accept attested college-issued
mark sheets unless they are from an autonomous college. For India, all individual
university mark sheet photocopies, must be attested and stamped by the
university's controller of examination or registrar in a sealed envelope.
Attestations from persons outside the Controller of Examination and
Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary
publics, will not be accepted. WES received the college documents within college envelope
from india. WES requires the university issued documents attested by
university and placed within university envelope.

What are they asking for? Original marksheets? Where does attested marksheets come from?

Please help me.

Thanks!
[/quote
]

You have following options
1. Ask MU to send the transcripts directly to WES.
2. Get transcripts from MU in a sealed and singed envelop and YOU send it to WES.

You sending photocopy of transcripts/document are not valid. So you have get one of the above done.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Hiii Hey now

Don't be in panic & don't worry. Please miss call me tomorrow morning after 9am anytime I will help you out.

My contact no is +91 7022891261 & am from Bangalore, India.

Goodnight.

James.

Hedy Iida

Apr 24, 2017
gandhinish did you scored any extra points by 4 years Diploma?

I have done Bachelors of Electrical Engineering (3 years) and prior to that I had done Diploma in Electrical Engineering (3 years)

thanks in advance